We read many reviews on so many resorts when we were trying to decide where to stay in Puerto Vallarta. There were a few negative reviews about the Crown Paradise Club, but what drew us there was the fact that it is geared to families. 9 water slides in the kids pool, a kids activity club and all around family friendly. We really weren't sure what to expect when we arrived. But the resort was fantastic.
Our 7 year old son practically lived at the kids pool, he took part in some of the planned activities (beach soccer, bowling, etc) within the kids club. The staff at the kids club was pretty good, and seemed to enjoy playing with the kids. We felt comfortable leaving our son at the pool while we were around the corner at the beach, as long as he checked in with us frequently, and he did very well with his independence.
This was my first time at an all inclusive so I didn't know what to expect. We only at at the Palapa (buffet restaurant) and the Piazza (Italian), both were good, not fantastic food, but there was something for even the pickiest eater. The beach snack shack was very convenient, always stocked with hot dogs, burgers, nachos, fruits, etc. It was nice to be able to have the option to just snack during the afternoon rather than sit down to a big lunch.
we were in a standard room, it was very clean, and basically a standard hotel room. We didn't expect anything fancy. We were quite satisfied. It was very well cleaned daily, and you could not only smell the cleanliness, but it was very apparent that the housekeeping staff did a VERY good job. We did not tip every day, and got the same service each day. We left a gift of fancy bath soaps on the last day to say thank you.
Fantastic!!!! From the front desk staff, the restauran staff, the bell boys, etc. EVERYONE was very helpful and friendly.
The beach vendors:
Loved them... they were great to talk to, even if you didn't buy something from them, they would say hi when they walked by. They are really nice people trying to make a living.
The Timeshare people:
Are EVERYWHERE, they were the only downfall to the trip. We went to the Soriana (supermarket right by the hotel) and got harassed there, in WalMart, downtown in almost every shop along the Malecon. I read lots about them before I went but didn't expect them to be everywhere.
When having drinks at the beach bar (the only bar we used at the resort) ask for disposable cups or bring your own. I had remembered after I had my first drink, a review I read about soapy cups, and that was no word of a lie. The drinks can get overpoweringly soapy, so we switched to the clear plastic cups and everything was fine. You don't want to drink too much soap, it doesn't do good for the gut.
All in all a fantastic family trip and would definitely go back there for a family trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A MODERN FAMILY-FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT The ambiance here at the Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, All Inclusive Resort is one of casual family fun. Our oceanfront resort was designed with myriad places to have fun and relax with an aquapark with 9 slides a pirate ship and a castle, big jacuzzi with swim up bar for adults, 3 a la carte restaurants and more... All the fun for big and small! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Playa De Oro