THE GOOD Our stay was very good. Our room was clean considering the amount of sand we tracked back everyday from our adventures.It was cleaned in the morning as we requested so our daughter could nap. There were some issues with the tub not draining and one bulb burned out but big deal- we showered and did what we needed to do just fine. We had a family room that had a less than spectacular view but the kids liked their little "space" (Our son and daughter 4 1/2 and 2 yrs.)We requested a playpen and had it within 10 mins for our daughter. Our son enjoyed the spanish cartoons before bed. Yes, we do let our son watch t.v...We only ate in the Kon Tiki buffet and enjoyed our meals. Some reviews talked about the same food over and over, I'm sorry even though it is all inclusive and a buffet , that does not mean you have to eat EVERYTHING THE FIRST DAY YOU GET THERE! The restuarant staff were very good, reward them a little bit for their effort and they will return the favor.
The staff we found to be polite and MOST had pretty good english. The kids loved the drink menu, my beer was cold, and house wine is house wine. The water park was great for the four to 10 crowd, unless you were expecting the world. There were shallow sections but only one small slide for the toddler set. I am glad there were no adults allowed on the slides because I wouldn't want my child knocked down by an adult coming off one of the slides. ( the 150+ pound 8 year olds are a whole other epidemic!)
We went to Sea Life Park by taxi,(not scary at all). This place is not Sea World but do have two small shows for the youger crowd to enjoy with shade over your head. The Pirate ship is fantastic and is a must see!
We paid for a late check out but it was well worth it travelling with two small kids.
FIRST BAD There is no Kid's Club! We were led to believe from Signature Tours that we might be able to enjoy some couple time by the pool while our children were in SUPERVISED activities. The "baby" area was a dingy room at the back of the hotel with few toys and a supervisor who did not speak English. I know Spanish folks can smell when pants need to be changed but if they do not understand " do you have toys for the kids to play with" I'm not leaving my kid. This area is not connected to the "kid's Club" so siblings may not be together. The "kid's club" (which is right next to the water park) had activities scheduled BUT I'm not comfortable with someone taking a group of kids to the beach (read ocean with an undertow) to build sandcastles. The kids could also come and go as they pleased. So, while I'm thinking about maybe reading a book by the pool, my son can just walk away and leave if he's bored!?
SECOND BAD Call the morning of your tour to make sure the Signature Rep has done their job and the tour company are coming to pick you up! The bus never did pick us up, we went on a little goose chase with little help from Signature and we finally re-booked for the following day and lunch was paid for by the tour company. Chalk it up to being in Mexico I say...
OVERALL we had a good stay, but my husband and I are both tired and need a vacation...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A MODERN FAMILY-FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT The ambiance here at the Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, All Inclusive Resort is one of casual family fun. Our oceanfront resort was designed with myriad places to have fun and relax with an aquapark with 9 slides a pirate ship and a castle, big jacuzzi with swim up bar for adults, 3 a la carte restaurants and more... All the fun for big and small! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Playa De Oro