“Fun vacation”

Ranked #49 of 125 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Hazel Park, Michigan
“Fun vacation”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I took my young daughter here this year because there had been a hurricane in Cancun and the same hotel there was damaged. I could compare both. There were many things for us to do and I felt safe leaving my daughter at the kids club and she had a blast each day. I enjoyed the pools and the beach. The staff was always friendly and excited to help. I would return to this property. I didn't prefer the downtown area of Puerto Vallarta though in comparison to Cancun. (I actually traveled about 9 years ago)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Hi Stephanie R,

Thank you for staying at the Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta. I see that you’ve visited our property in Cancun as well, and tried to give us your comparison of the two. Both of the hotels have had numerous changes during the years but what they certainly have in common is that they are family-friendly oriented and known for their great hospitality.

We look forward to seeing you soon, thanks for posting!

Katarina P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Mty
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Luckily, we were there just to spend the day. We bought a very expensive day pass for what we got. Food was terrible and made with low quality ingredients. Long line to get a single ice cream scoop! Two of my kids got sick.
Besides that, there were not enough seats at the beach. It was allowed to 'reserve' a place
with a towel even if not nearby!
The sense was of an old, not clean nor customer-oriented hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear MacPapita,

Thank you for posting the feedback about your recent visit to the hotel.

I apologize that after only spending a day you left with such negative impression. If given the opportunity, you may have seen that Crown Paradise has a lot to offer and is the reason our guests return year after year. We have an extensive food menu, with numerous restaurants, nightly theater shows, amazing Kids club, Baby club, etc…. too many things to list and not to leave out our staff.

We’re sorry we didn’t live up to your expectations but thank you for giving us the opportunity to be your hosts.

Kind regards,
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Everything was bad, the service was bad, the food was horrible, we were in two rooms and both of them had cockroaches. I even got a bug inside my enfrijoladas and no one cared enough to make it up to me. For dinner we made a reservation for the italian restaurant and the servers where rude and trying to rush us to order and eat quick, I guess because they wanted to go. We gave the hotel a couple of chances it was not a one time mistake, they where several of them.Its unfair because my family and I come all the way from San Francisco and it is not a cheap or quick flight. We where hoping to have a nice place to stay and relax and we got the opposite. I highly recomend not to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Carolinamcw
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Carolinamcw,

On behalf of Crown Paradise Club I would like to apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Our primary goal is to provide an unforgettable experience to all our guests and for them to want to return again and again. It appears that we did not succeed in your case.
As any other property located in tropical climate we proactively treat all areas of the hotel against cockroaches, this is not necessarily the indicative of the uncleanliness, these insects are native to Mexico and tend to wander indoors during the rainy summer months. Please know that we do work closely with a pest control service to try and keep them outdoors.

If you would like to contact me directly as to provide me with more details, this would help us in seeing where some guests are unsatisfied and would help us in making changes in the future.

Windsor, Missouri
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I read and read and read about this hotel prior to our vacation and ALMOST changed hotels based on the reviews. I'm glad I didn't! I was MORE than pleased with our recent visit, July 21-28. Here is what I had read and here is what I found.

TA Review - Hotel was dirty. My Review -We NEVER found an area that was dirty. In fact, I saw people cleaning all day. Yes. There cups on the beach but those were picked up throughout the day and it was clean in the morning. It is to be expected that cups would blow away in the ocean breeze. Cleanliness 5/5

TA Review - Horrible food. My Review - My husband and I traveled with our 5 children, 4 boys ages 8-14 and a daughter who is 17, and my 31 yo niece. There were AT LEAST 12-16 food choices in the main restaurant at each meal . This is NOT including the children's buffet, dessert bar, salad bar, or the outside beach side restaurant (which only serves lunch times). We ate at the Italian restaurant, the French restaurant and dined in the Japanese restaurant for breakfast one morning. I found everything to be very clean. And there were many choices. My children never went hungry and they found something they liked at each meal. The bar has drinks for children and my children enjoyed trying the different styles of drinks each day. 5/5

TA Review - Horrible service. My Review - We had an exceptional waiter, Carlos. He alone can get a rating of 10/5. We did sit in a different section 3 different times. I will say that in the back area, the service was not as prompt as we received with Carlos. So, if you don't like where you are sitting, ask for a different area. It is not assigned seating but we become creatures of habit and typically sit in the same place each time. If you don't like the service, move. Find Carlos and tell them his friends from the US said hello! Rating 3.5/5 from other waiters Bar Staff 5/5

We found the staff in the other areas also very helpful. Well, there might be one grumpy man who works days at the front desk. He was helpful but not chipper. Otherwise, everyone greeted us. In fact, we were told NO LESS than a dozen times upon our departure, that they hoped we would come back.

The activities staff fabulous! There are so many activities to do! Water polo, water volleyball, sand volleyball, futbol/soccer, water aerobics, night actives geared for families from 9-10 and adults only from 10-2. The staff knew our children's names and looked for them when starting new activities. Get involved at the towel desk and ask about the activities. If you can't find something to do beach side, you just aren't looking. Rating 5/5 **Special mention of Martin, Xavi, Memo, and Rosie

TA Review - No beach chairs My Review - This is true. However, after reading the reviews I went in understanding the system so the early riser in our family went down each morning and put a towel on our chair - even on the days we knew we wouldn't be there until after lunch. If you want a chair, keep a beach towel from day to day and reserve your chair. Don't get frustrated. Just know that's what everyone else does.

TA Review - Horrible rooms. My Review - We were moved to the club member side b/c our reservation only allowed for 3 beds. We needed 4. The room was very plain. But it was always clean. We usually had to ask for the appropriate # of towels each day. But who cares! I'm on vacation. Where did I have to be? We had to wait for the room b/c of the error but the correction was for sure an upgrade as we were placed in a suite. I did email ahead to reserve a room on an upper level but did not get my request. Again. We were in our room very little so no big deal to us. 4/5 *If you have room, pack a small fan. It was not quite as cool as we would have liked it.

What I wish I had known:

*I didn't need to change my US $ to pesos. Everyone was fine with American $.
*The activities desk closes at 5:00 each day. We bought a futbol/soccer ball at the local WalMart b/c my boys wanted to play in the evening.
*My boys could have taken tennis lessons on day one and practiced all week. If you're coming from the US, the cost of lessons is very little compared to US rates. $25/hour. GREAT instructor.
*We spent 95% of our time at the beach. I packed too many "normal" clothes.
*Bring plenty of sunscreen or plan to walk to WalMart for a reasonable price. On www.clinicalhcgdiet.com $25-$30/bottle
*Don't assume that the excursions offered at check in are the only/best ones. We found a guy names Eli on the beach and he provided a great day out. Much more reasonable in price and a longer stay for snorkeling than the commercial deals offered.

I hope this review helps others. If you want a lush room and Five Star dining, this is probably not your hotel. BUT if you want a gorgeous ocean view, beautiful facility, gorgeous/clean pools, family oriented and safe place for your family, this is your place! We don't usually vacation 2x anywhere but we WILL go back here.

Room Tip: Request an upper level room. It would be the best ocean view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
15 Thank Candace F
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Hello Candace F,

Thank you for sharing your great experience following your week at Crown Paradise Club. We are pleased to learn that our rooms were comfortable for your family, that you found our food selection to your taste and areas always clean.
We appreciate you sharing how much you enjoyed our activities as well as the attentive service you received from the staff. We are grateful for your five star review and can’t wait to have you back as our guest. Thank you for recommending us!

Bonita, CA
Reviewed July 28, 2014

My husband and I stayed there from Saturday to Sunday in room 345 as other family members were staying there. As soon as we got there, the bellboys were nowhere to be found and no one so even looked at you (and much less greeted you) as soon as you entered. The lobby reminded me of a cheap vegas hotel in high season and after waiting in line for 20 min to check-in, we were told we had to wait until 4pm to receive our room.

Once we were finally able to enter our room, it smelled like pure mold, the shower was dirty or moldy (could not decipher) and there were ants everywhere!

Conclusion: service is horrible and rooms are even worse.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank fabiola612
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear fabiola612,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us. We’re truly sorry for a disappointing experience you had, and for not being able to meet your expectations.

We have checked the room you stayed in, and noted some humidity you mentioned, unfortunately due to very humid climate this can sometimes occur. Our housekeeping staff has diligently cleaned the room and prepared it for our future guests. We also haven’t had any other report in this area or this room regarding the ants, but will surely increase our insect control.

We apologize that our level of service was not up to our usual high standards, we have been having high occupancy which affected our daily operation in terms of rooms being assigned a little bit after 3pm which is our regular check-in time, but we have hired more staff recently and hope this wouldn’t be an issue any longer.

Thank you again for posting your comments, I truly hope that you will give our hotel a try again in the future and give us another opportunity to provide you with the excellent vacation experience that we are capable of providing.

Kind regards,
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We've have stayed up and down Banderas Bay from La Tropicana to the Palladium Punta Mita, but we found this location special for many reasons. Now, we have stayed at better hotels, but we visit Puerto Vallarta for the friendly people and the scenery. This hotel is in the middle of all that we come to PV for. It is treat to wake up in the morning to see the view whole town in the shadow of the lingering clouds from your balcony. In the evening you can watch the stunning sunset transform itself for about 45 minutes in a display of color. We were able to go to the places we enjoy like Our Lady of Guadalupe, the malecon, Old Town, Bucerias and the Marina by simply taking the bus or taxi. We went somewhere every day after an enjoyable breakfast at the family hotel next door. We looked forward to returning to the good service, relaxing atmosphere and cold beer of our hotel in the afternoon.

Most reviews are accurate, but if you have reasonable expectations, none of the negative will take away from your vacation. We will not return to this hotel, only because we want to stay longer in one of the condos close to the property. frj

Room Tip: We liked the 2nd floor view and easy access to the lobby, elevator, and even a back way to the siste...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Debra R
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Hello Debra R,

Astounding views are one of the things that make this place so amazing. I really enjoyed you describing it and am glad that you experienced the good service and relaxing atmosphere here at the hotel.
We are however sad that you won’t be joining us in the future but nevertheless appreciate your time to share your impressions with us.

Thank you for staying at the Crown Paradise Puerto Vallarta!

Walker, Louisiana
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We had such a Great time here we would stay here again the staff would almost fight on who was going to wait on us we liked this one restaurant on the property that did not have Coke products but as soon as they seen us come in they would hurry and go get it from the outside bar and bring it to us. The rooms was clean and the kids could order room service and eat hamburgers and pizza for no extra charge.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Darin P
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Hello Darin P,

Thank you for your kind words especially regarding the kind attention you received from our staff. It is our greatest pleasure to pamper our guests and I think we succeeded in your case!
It pleases me greatly to hear that you and your family had a wonderful vacation with us. This is the experience we aim to give all of our guests!
It was our pleasure to be your hosts and we look forward to your return in the future.

Warmest wishes,