just got back from 10 days at the crown paradise. Not bad for what it is. We got a great deal, so we really couldn't complain, and i had read the reviews so I knew some of it's shortcomings. The 4 of us had room 227, great location if you can get it, wonderful view of beach and infinity pool. Room was good enuf. Clean, and staff were quick to bring up needed towels or toilet paper. Beds were fine, they fit mom and kid, dad and kid quite easily. Most channels are in spanish, but for english just adjust the SAP.
The pools were nice, if not smaller than what i have usually seen. The bar was understaffed and you have to speak up, but they were sweet. They deserve tips. Imagine having to make labor intensive kids drinks all day. The food in the buffet was fine, not fantastic, but more than enuf choices for everyone to find something. Fruit, meat, salads, rices, pastas, fish, tacos, desserts, it is not a gorgeous layout, but more than adequate, don't worry.
The beach was nice, the water very warm in July. I have no problem with vendors, but as others have said, they were out of control. One every few minutes gets to be aggravating when you are trying to read or just relax. I try to be polite and say no thank you each time, but even I began to ignore them.
Kids had a little spa where girls (and boys I suppose) could get mani pedis and massages, very cute. Had a massage myself at the spa, very nice 50 dollars for 2 one hour massages!
The staff in the buffet and the cleaning staff seem to work hard, the animation staff seem to be run by teenagers who could have cared less. Many times they did not seem to know what was going on in their own hotel.
All in all not a bad hotel. As a jump off base for your vacation, it is fine. Not fancy, but in some ways it was nice because you didnt need full makeup or fancy dress to fit in. Don't go expecting the world, and you will be happy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A MODERN FAMILY-FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT The ambiance here at the Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, All Inclusive Resort is one of casual family fun. Our oceanfront resort was designed with myriad places to have fun and relax with an aquapark with 9 slides a pirate ship and a castle, big jacuzzi with swim up bar for adults, 3 a la carte restaurants and more... All the fun for big and small! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Playa De Oro