Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta
$184
$356
$273
Bookit.com
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$307
$286
$156
$81
  • Breakfast included
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$423
$140
  • Pool
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$129
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$242
$161
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$132
$110
Priceline
  • Beachfront
2,106 results
All reviewspirate shipkids poolkids clubfrench restaurantkids paradisekids drinksbunk bedsclub nitrobeach vendorssnack barmain poolzip lineaqua parkfamily vacationa la carte restaurantshot dogsgreat family resort
Reviewed March 8, 2014

we just spent a week here with our 5 year old and 16 month old.

check in was no problem. quick and efficient. the time share people are on you like flies. they will leave you alone once you tell them you aren't interested. bell boy was helpful showing us how to use the lights in the room.

Rooms are average. we had a renovated room. furniture's modern. beds are hard and pillows aren't great. bedding is old looking. our room overlooked the main pool. nice balcony. air conditioner is noisy, but i actually like white noise when i sleep and so do the kids, so it served that purpose too. the air conditioning did stop working 3 times on our stay. maintenance was always there within 15 minutes to fix it, however on our last night, he fixed it and it stopped within an hour again. oh well.. we sweated it out that night. no fridge kinda sucks. also the shower leaks water all over the floor, so we ended up needing extra towels just to soak up the water. but it was no big deal.

Pools are fantastic. the main pool is a bit worn yes…some mexican kids were pulling up tons of tiles from the pool bottom, but it was warm. the infinity pool is nice! a bit cooler than the main, but really nice. the adult bar was nice, my husband got away a few times to relax there. Kids splash park is great my kids loved it. even a slide small enough for my 16 month old. could it use a paint touch up? sure… but the kids didn't care! lots of slides that aren't too big. id say kids over 10 would be too big for the park.my 5 year old LOVED it.

kids paradise did crafts and games with the kids. they liked it.

never used baby paradise, but saw it. its nice.

beach is so-so. really rough and the vendors are enough to make you crazy. they walk right into your beach chairs to hassle you. non-stop.

food, the buffet gets old fast. breakfast was good, omelettes were awesome. fruit was good, lunch was usually ok, but supper was bad. actually terrible. you aren't going to starve, there is lots to eat, but its not good! oh, and go early! we had to wait to sit several times! we only got to eat at one a la carte, the japanese. we actually quite enjoyed it. sushi rolls were good, the Vietnamese shrimp roll was great. the sweet and sour chicken was bland, but our 5 year old ate it!

i have to say that the manager was awesome. i had to send some laundry out as my 16 month old vomited for 24hours straight, and that was no problem. i found a letter later saying they had accidentally bleached one of my shirts and were very sorry. i didn't say for my any of the laundry and they even refunded the 2 days of wi-fi i bought (2 days in hotel room with sick baby…boredom!). she was very sincere about their mistake and was very apologetic and really wanted to make sure i was satisfied. very professional :)

would i go back.. probably not. There was probably 90% nationals there and most (NOT ALL, some were awesome) we rude, pushy, the kids we not supervised and messy. they were putting out cigarettes in the drain of the pool, eating in the pool, drinking in the pool, kids were pushing, splashing etc. it wasn't a relaxing or welcoming environment at all. i'm sure its not always like that, but that was our experience anyways.

for the price, and kid entertainment, its not too bad!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Hola Erin H,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback on your recent stay at Crown Paradise Club.

We’re glad to hear you found the resort to be great for kids, and that your family enjoyed the pools, water park and kids club. We do have great facilities for children, and strive to provide constant entertainment for them.

We apologize for the inconvenience with the air conditioning and the shower leaks, we recently finished with renovations and sometimes small details appear. Thank you for bringing them to our attention, we’re surely give them a proper follow up.

While we’re delighted to hear you loved the breakfast, we’re sorry we didn’t live up to your expectations regarding dinner.

We hope you return to the hotel in the future and allow us the opportunity to improve on your previous experience.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

We spent two wonderful weeks at the Crown Paradise after being absent for 35 years. So many changes that it was hard to recognize what the original place looked like. Check in was excellent and we had no delays. I would add a number of names here that we got to know during our stay but I cannot remember them all so I thought it best not to name any. However; I can attest to the fact that all who were of service will be named in my report next year as we plan to return for another two weeks in February. All of the staff were friendly, and we could not have been better treated. We had not a complaint about the food. Ate breakfast at La Palapa every morning, at the snack bar on the beach for lunch and had no trouble getting reservations at the specialty restaurants in the evening. There are three of them -- Japanese, Italian, and French. We enjoyed the french the most. There is a dress code but we noticed that it is a little lax in this area. Just follow the rules as close as possible and you should not have any trouble. If in doubt ask questions. Nightly entertainment every night at the Nitro which is just across the street from the resort. They do have internet but it is supplied by an outside source and it is expensive. We had it for the first week and then discovered that a small restaurant down the street past the flee market and next to the Marina the internet is free as long as you have a drink or something to eat. You will know when you get there there are hundreds of American dollar bills with names on then attached to the walls and ceiling. Great atmosphere. This resort is next to the Marina and different lines of cruise ships were visiting during our stay. Did not rate the spa as we did not visit.

Room Tip: If it is available for you try to get room 428. Reason is obvious from the pictures.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Waltzing_With_Bears

Hola Waltzing_With_Bears,

Thank you for coming back to Crown Paradise!

It gives us such joy to know we made such memorable vacation experience for you. We’re glad you were pleased with our food choices, especially the a la carte restaurants and that you had glorious two weeks stay.

On behalf of all the team, thank you for commenting on the great service, we’re looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back next year!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Check In:
We arrived at 11:00 am due to an early flight. Prior to speaking with the front desk the timeshare people are all over you, we kindly declined and explained we had a 4 & 5 year old that were sick of being cooped up in cabs & airplanes. Upon speaking with the front desk we were informed our room would not be ready until 3:30, we were given the use of a courtesy room to change and they bell service held on to our bags. At that time they gave us an envelope with our room key cards, television remote, and towel cards. At that point we went and enjoyed the kids water park & had some lunch while waiting for our room.
We were never given a map or tour of the resort, so we were left to figure that out on our own.
Word to the wise- do not get information on cab fares or directions from the bellmen. We were misinformed on 3 separate occasions resulting in double the cab fare we were told and us getting lost on foot.

Room:
We switched from a family suite to a standard room based on previous reviews I had read. I am glad we did so. Room 418 provided a lovely view of the water park, infinity pool, and ocean. The rooms are very clean and simplistic. We called the front desk to have an alarm clock and coffee maker delivered, was there within an hour. The beds were rather hard and the air conditioner was very loud, made for several times waking to toss & turn. I strongly recommend bringing your own pillows.

Pools:
The kids had a blast at the water park. There are only about 8 tables for parents to sit at, so get there early if you would like a spot. The infinity pool was our favorite, very nice to swim with a beautiful view of the ocean. The other pool was very nice as well. The only this that really sucks is people throw their towels on all the lawn chairs by 9:00 am, and it's very fair to say that 1/3 or those people do not show up for several hours if at all. Same goes for the beach chairs. This makes it hard when you have more guests than chairs. There were several times my family of 4 had to make due with no chair, or share 1. It would be nice if they could do something about this for the guests that actually want to utilize the chairs.

Food:
My husband and I were not fans of the buffet, but the kids loved it. I did enjoy the omelette chef every morning. Reservations for the specialty restaurants can only be made between 9am-2pm and for one day in advance. We were not informed of this at check in so we went into town for our first two nights dinners. I must say that the food was very good at all 3 in comparison to the buffet.

Service:
Tip well and you will be served well. Prior to heavy tipping we were ignored and watched several others get served in front of us at the bars. Nationals seemed to be treated a little better, I assume it had to do with our language barrier. With that being said there are some staff whose English is very limited, I was not upset by this since we are in their country after all.
I informed a staff member it was my son's birthday while we were there. Upon returning to the room the day of we found it was decorated with balloons & streamers. Room service also brought up some cake with a candle, I thought that was very sweet.

Wifi-You have to purchase a hourly or daily wifi code, I found this to be petty and unnecessary.
Water-One complementary bottle of water for the stay, also silly. We went to the corner store
and stocked up. I also drank plenty of water from the bars and buffet, it was fine.

Overall we had a very nice vacation, but I would not return. This was our 3rd visit to Puerto Vallarta and not our last. Next time we will spend a little extra money to get better service and amenities.

Room Tip: 4th floor will provide good views of ocean & pools.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank anglien82

Hola anglien82,

I would like to first thank you for sharing your experience with us. Your comments help us to find areas of opportunity so we can continue to offer improved services to our guests.
We are glad that you did experience some very positive aspects of your stay such as your room, water park, infinity pool and restaurants. We do sincerely apologize that you haven’t been given more information upon check-in. We will be addressing this with our staff in order to improve in this area. I also took note of your observations regarding the saving of the beach chairs, this is against our policy and we strongly encourage our guests to be respectful of each other when it comes to reserving beach chairs and we are pursuing solutions to this issue.
Thank you again for your review, we do hope that you will consider giving us another chance in the future.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We arrive at resort at 1 pm check in3:30 pm we check on the room there is no referigarate on the room and the room smelle like pee , need it to take a shower ther was no towels ,call front desk they said she we'll bring our towels took them one hour to bring the towels after I called front desk twice ,and the worst part when we book our trip it says all inclusive but you have to pay for the second bottle of water you can drink all day alcohol but you have to pay for water ,the food was bad and you go to eat on the buffet the cooks have a basket on front of them asking you to tip them if you went to order a omelet or eggs so much for the all inclusive ,and if you need to make a reservation for ala carte restorante you have to make a phone call ,so it may take you one hour because the phone was always busy and I had to go ti front desk to make a phone call for reservation , so we never go back to that place and I will never recommend to nobody to go at that resort by the way we stayed at room 316

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Drande P
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Dear Drande P,

We would like to thank you for your review, and would like to offer an apology for any inconvenience you may have experienced upon your arrival. We are very disappointed to have not met your expectations. We assure you that we are always willing to take a step further by serving our guests.

Our aim is to make our guest’s stay as carefree and relaxing as possible, once again accept our apologies and should you wish to discuss your experience in more detail, please contact us directly.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We just got back from our holiday, with the kids. We booked this hotel solely for the kids, and I can assure you, we will not be back. We booked a family room which is supposed to be spacious, with a balcony, bunk beds and fridge added in. Our room was a hot mildewy mess upon arrival (25 degrees) smelled strongly of mildew, the fridge was broken, the only window in the room was a high jail-type window that you could not look out, there was no balcony, and the bedding felt damp, it was so humid in there. After 3 hours of the AC going, our room actually got hotter. I complained to the front desk( by this point it was 8pm, and my overtired young children needed to go to sleep.) the front desk staff told me they were full, that was the last family room, and there were no other rooms available. I persisted to express my frustrations, so they sent over a maintenance guy to check out the air conditioner, and fridge. After confirming that they were in fact broken, they offered us a standard room, which is a down grade from what we paid for. After walking through the room, I graciously accepted the offer. I was told I had to be refunded through Air Canada Vacations. There was no apology for the inconvenience, it was more of an attitude like I was inconveniencing them. Upon booking, I requested a late check out, happy to pay for it, as we had a late flight and I wanted to nap my little one prior to flying home. Again, what a battle, I was asked to come back and ask on our last day, then again when the supervisor came on shift, then again as the supervisor didn't show up. In the end, we were unable to get a late checkout. Waste of time.
The food was so repetitive, and intimidating at times. The place mats at the tables were never changed in between, just wiped down with a dirty rag, sometimes not even. There were some days when we settled with hotdogs. The a la cartes were a complete disappointment. Fujiyama especially, I ate the miso soup, and that was about it. My husband and son had the Italian a la carte and became sick that night with diarrhea, which is still ongoing (day 4). The snack bar was alright, but we were served raw burgers one day. The rooms weren't cleaned very well, mainly the bathrooms with packed sand and grime around corners and fixtures, random hair, and soap scum stained shower walls and doors.
We continuously were lied to and disrespected by the staff. For example, after our room fail, I tried to upgrade to an ocean view room. I was told they did not provide ocean view rooms. I was told the room we booked does not come with a balcony, although it lists it in the features and clearly shows in the pictures. The safe in our first room was too small to fit our iPads.
Service was lacking in the buffets. Most days I had to get my own coffee
The kids shows start at 9pm, and carried on until after 11pm on 2different occasions, with the music absolutely pounding. What kids are up that late?

The positives:
The kids pool/play area was nice
The weather was great

I would NOT recommend this hotel, nor would I ever go back.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Nadia1983
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear Nadia1983,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review.

I regret you weren't pleased with your stay, and that the resort didn't live up to your expectations. I assure you that the circumstances you described are not typical with the high standards we strive to provide; one of our main objectives is the satisfaction of our guests with the quality of the food and the service. More than any other aspect of our business it is our service we take great pride in. We have been recognized by almost all our TripAdvisor reviewers, as one of the hotels with the best staff in Puerto Vallarta. I regret that service received during your vacation did not live up to the expectations of a relaxing experience.

Please accept our sincerest apologies, and we’ll be contacting you directly to discuss these inconveniences in more detail.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Kind regards,