“Terrible”

Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta
Ranked #46 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We arrive at resort at 1 pm check in3:30 pm we check on the room there is no referigarate on the room and the room smelle like pee , need it to take a shower ther was no towels ,call front desk they said she we'll bring our towels took them one hour to bring the towels after I called front desk twice ,and the worst part when we book our trip it says all inclusive but you have to pay for the second bottle of water you can drink all day alcohol but you have to pay for water ,the food was bad and you go to eat on the buffet the cooks have a basket on front of them asking you to tip them if you went to order a omelet or eggs so much for the all inclusive ,and if you need to make a reservation for ala carte restorante you have to make a phone call ,so it may take you one hour because the phone was always busy and I had to go ti front desk to make a phone call for reservation , so we never go back to that place and I will never recommend to nobody to go at that resort by the way we stayed at room 316

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Drande P
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Dear Drande P,

We would like to thank you for your review, and would like to offer an apology for any inconvenience you may have experienced upon your arrival. We are very disappointed to have not met your expectations. We assure you that we are always willing to take a step further by serving our guests.

Our aim is to make our guest’s stay as carefree and relaxing as possible, once again accept our apologies and should you wish to discuss your experience in more detail, please contact us directly.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We just got back from our holiday, with the kids. We booked this hotel solely for the kids, and I can assure you, we will not be back. We booked a family room which is supposed to be spacious, with a balcony, bunk beds and fridge added in. Our room was a hot mildewy mess upon arrival (25 degrees) smelled strongly of mildew, the fridge was broken, the only window in the room was a high jail-type window that you could not look out, there was no balcony, and the bedding felt damp, it was so humid in there. After 3 hours of the AC going, our room actually got hotter. I complained to the front desk( by this point it was 8pm, and my overtired young children needed to go to sleep.) the front desk staff told me they were full, that was the last family room, and there were no other rooms available. I persisted to express my frustrations, so they sent over a maintenance guy to check out the air conditioner, and fridge. After confirming that they were in fact broken, they offered us a standard room, which is a down grade from what we paid for. After walking through the room, I graciously accepted the offer. I was told I had to be refunded through Air Canada Vacations. There was no apology for the inconvenience, it was more of an attitude like I was inconveniencing them. Upon booking, I requested a late check out, happy to pay for it, as we had a late flight and I wanted to nap my little one prior to flying home. Again, what a battle, I was asked to come back and ask on our last day, then again when the supervisor came on shift, then again as the supervisor didn't show up. In the end, we were unable to get a late checkout. Waste of time.
The food was so repetitive, and intimidating at times. The place mats at the tables were never changed in between, just wiped down with a dirty rag, sometimes not even. There were some days when we settled with hotdogs. The a la cartes were a complete disappointment. Fujiyama especially, I ate the miso soup, and that was about it. My husband and son had the Italian a la carte and became sick that night with diarrhea, which is still ongoing (day 4). The snack bar was alright, but we were served raw burgers one day. The rooms weren't cleaned very well, mainly the bathrooms with packed sand and grime around corners and fixtures, random hair, and soap scum stained shower walls and doors.
We continuously were lied to and disrespected by the staff. For example, after our room fail, I tried to upgrade to an ocean view room. I was told they did not provide ocean view rooms. I was told the room we booked does not come with a balcony, although it lists it in the features and clearly shows in the pictures. The safe in our first room was too small to fit our iPads.
Service was lacking in the buffets. Most days I had to get my own coffee
The kids shows start at 9pm, and carried on until after 11pm on 2different occasions, with the music absolutely pounding. What kids are up that late?

The positives:
The kids pool/play area was nice
The weather was great

I would NOT recommend this hotel, nor would I ever go back.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Nadia1983
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear Nadia1983,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review.

I regret you weren't pleased with your stay, and that the resort didn't live up to your expectations. I assure you that the circumstances you described are not typical with the high standards we strive to provide; one of our main objectives is the satisfaction of our guests with the quality of the food and the service. More than any other aspect of our business it is our service we take great pride in. We have been recognized by almost all our TripAdvisor reviewers, as one of the hotels with the best staff in Puerto Vallarta. I regret that service received during your vacation did not live up to the expectations of a relaxing experience.

Please accept our sincerest apologies, and we’ll be contacting you directly to discuss these inconveniences in more detail.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 2, 2014

My friend and I stayed at the Crown Paradise from Feb 22 - March 1. We are both in our mid-20's and mostly hung out at the adult pool/jacuzzi during the day. The rooms are fairly basic but are recently renovated and have everything you need. We got tired of the buffet fairly quickly, but enjoyed the a la carte's for the most part. The staff are great and very helpful. This is definitely a family oriented resort but we met a lot of great people and had a wonderful, fun week overall. Really great location... 5 min walk to the Marina, 10 min walk to wal mart, $5 taxi ride downtown. The resort is not fancy or luxurious by any means but totally met our needs!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Amy H
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed at the Crown Paradise Club Feb 14-21 along with 6 others. We enjoyed our stay very much! I was at first wondering why we changed our mind in going to the west coast. We have been going to the Cozumel area for 8 years. It was just different. Our tour guide from FunJet never did meet up with us, and the actual check in took a long time. There were 2 guys working the desk, there were several families checking in ahead of us & the kids were running all over, so it took longer trying to get wristbands on them all. the rooms were not ready yet when we arrived, the bellboys helped us get to our bags to get our swim suites so we could go to the beach & catch some rays! The rooms had been redone,the appearance like all other Mexico resort rooms... the rooms were clean, plenty of towels.... the only problem we had with the room was we didn't wait for the bellboys to help with the luggage, so when we got to the room we couldn't get the lights to turn on! Good thing there was a maid close by, she showed us you needed to place your room key in a holder by the door to activate the electricity! Should do this at home so the kids & grand-kids can't leave the lights & TV on when they leave. The pools were great! Always had a lot of kids at the water park, and adult swim up bar was usually pretty full. We pretty much stayed on the beach, but would go hop in the big pool to cool off. I was usually on the beach between 4 & 6 am I've been use to getting hot water early at other places while & sit & listen to the waves & hold down chairs & drink my hot chocolate I bring from home. The restaurant didn't open until 7am, it would've been nice to have a coffee or hot water station for self service early in the morning. As far as the food goes it pretty well match up with any other resort we've stayed at. I'm not a big meat eater on vacation, it's a texture thing, but others in the group tried the different meats & seafood & said it was fine. My favorite meal was breakfast, the omelet stations are the way to go, wish I could make an omelet that thin! It did take a day or two to know to ask for bacon. We didn't get to try the other restaurants at the resort, by the time we thought about making the reservation, it was too late The bartenders were very nice & tried to make what you wanted. We usually stayed on the beach all day & used the beach bar & the pool bar as we walked by, but we always met at the lobby bar before the evening got started. Gilbert was so very nice & put up with us & our silly glasses & let us take his picture with the ipad & morf him (silly picture add ons), good sport! When I mentioned the beer tasted wrong from the beach bar he told me maybe because it was keg beer, at the lobby & the pool bar the beer is served from a bottle! Good to know! The beach venders could be much at times, but if you tell them NO, they will pretty much leave you alone, for awhile anyway, if you are looking for something & you don't see it, ask to find it for you. It was like having personal shoppers! Omar the t-shirt vendor went the the printer & had a shirt printed in the colors I wanted, & I wanted to get my girls dresses & they didn't have what I was looking for, she asked me which of the fabrics I liked & went went home & made the dresses I was looking for, same with the beaded jewelry venders they will sit & whip up what you want right there. So I shopped from my beach chair, my kind of shopping! We did do the whale watching excursion, LOVED it, my 4th time of doing this kind of tour, never know what you will see. I've see the whales in AK & HI, but these guys get ALOT closer to the whales! As far as the workers working on the remodeling, that was our cheap entertainment! The guys working on the new pier, there was a group working on the front top of the restaurant, anytime they were up there they had caution tape up & places roped off. So we did enjoy this resort very much, if we go back to PV we will most likely stay again.

Room Tip: We had a room with an ocean view, couldn't see through the trees, but cool & quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Shelly D

Hola Shelly D,

Thank you for staying at Crown Paradise Club and for taking the time to post your comments about the visit.
Our main interest is that our guests have a pleasant stay, so we are delighted to know that you enjoyed all the facilities and services offered in the hotel.

Thank you for commenting on the great service, it will be an honor to have you as our guests again and make every effort to exceed your expectations. Please feel free to contact us for any assistance in the future.

Saludos from Puerto Vallarta,

Reviewed March 1, 2014

over all it was a good trip, room is very ordinary, pools are good, service in restaurant and bars are tips oriented. hotel is clean, very close to beach, marina. French restaurant is good, Japanese restaurant is not up to the mark, very slow and foods are not even close to expectation. Buffet was good some repetition of menus. Room service was not very good, not understanding what we were looking for. people are humble and good human being. Hotel is 3 to 3and1/2 star.

Room Tip: choose the room pool facing because family suites are street facing,
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 631travel4fun
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Hola 631travel4fun,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review.
It is nice to know that you felt that the resort was very clean, with great location, and that you enjoyed the pools and some of our restaurants.
Thank you for your constructive comments regarding the Fujiyama restaurant and the room service, I will be sure to follow up on those comments with the departments involved. We certainly welcome and appreciate every piece of feedback we receive.
I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Crown Paradise Club in the future, and provide you with the stay that will fulfill your expectations completely.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

We just returned from our vacation (Feb. 19-26). My husband and I travelled with our kids ages 7,6, and 3. We really enjoyed our vacation! I was a little concerned with the negative reviews but most of the things people complained about were not big deals to us.

We stayed in a family room (409), it was very quiet. I had read some reviews that said it was noisy in the family rooms but with the air conditioner/fan on, we didn't notice. It's a smaller resort so everything is close.

Resort had recently been redone and looks great. They were still working a bit on one of the restaurants but it didn't bother us.

Waterpark was amazing!! Our kids spent hours every day in there. They are only a few tables to sit at to watch them, but we always found one.

Beach was nice too! There are vendors that come by, but we said no thanks and they left us alone. One thing about the beach is that the chairs go fast. You have to be there early to get a lounger.

Drinks were great! They have a special kids drink menu that our kids loved. Special buffet area for kids too.

Pool areas were nice. There were servers that we could order drinks from so that was great, didn't have to leave my lounger :)

The only negative I would say is the food at the buffet was just okay. We always found something to eat and never went hungry but I felt it lacked and seemed somewhat repetitive. We did try the Japanese restaurant and it was delicious. Italian was okay. Didn't try the French as we couldn't get in, but heard it was awesome. We ate lunch every day at the snack bar, burgers and fries were good.

I would definitely recommend this resort for those travelling with kids! Everyone is always happy and smiling! We tipped a lot because we appreciated the good service we received. Not sure I would come here with a group of adults though as there are kids everywhere, which is fine if you are with kids. There is an adults only pool area but it is very small.

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank PamsyK
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Hola PamsyK,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to share your review with the TripAdvisor community.

We’re glad to hear that the Family Room suited you perfectly, and that you and your family enjoyed the beach, the pools, the water park, and overall had a great vacation.
We also appreciate your comments regarding the lack of variety at the buffet, please know that we are committed to providing our guests with the very best experience, therefore your observations will certainly be shared with our Chef.

Thank you for your visit, and we hope to welcome you back again in the future!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Fabulous fun week. Just my teenager and I went, met so many great people and new friends.
The entertainment staff are awesome especially our favourite "hottie" Haviar.
Definitely would recommend this place.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Mandy C
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Hola Mandy C,

Thank you for recommending us! It was a pleasure having you at CPC. We hope you’ll be back soon!