“All in all a very nice resort!”

Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta
Ranked #49 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
“All in all a very nice resort!”
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Just got home from a one week stay, and had a great time. The resort is nice and the newly renovated rooms were the nicest we've stayed in by far but the pillows were really hard. We had a family room and they all face the street but it made for excellent people watching lol. The Reno construction is almost done and it didn't really bother us, and the food is just food. The Italian restaurant left us all hungry but tasted good, the Japanese one was delish!!My only complaint about the buffet is they never had guacamole! We had to go to town for that! Ask at the front desk for a voucher for dinner in town, they offer one for a French restaurant and a Mexican restaurant called Si señor, the food was to die for!! ( but they don't tell you about it)The pools were great, and warm with loungers in the water and the kids pool was fun! Our kids were a little big for it but had fun anyways! Drinks are plentiful and tasty, and the kids loved the kids menu and going to get their own drinks. All in all a great resort, we did go knowing it wasn't a five star place but a good solid three and a half! If your looking for a nice relaxing place to go with your kids, I would totally recommend it!

Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Carpar333
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Hola Carpar333,

We appreciate the time you took to tell us about your stay at CPC.

It’s wonderful to hear about all the features you enjoyed at the resort, it's a true pleasure to know that your overall experience with us was enjoyable and met your expectations. Thank you for sharing your opinion on the areas of which you feel we could use improvement.

It will be an honor to have you as our guests again and make every effort to exceed your expectations. Please feel free to contact us for any assistance in the future.

Warmest regards,
Katarina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Mantorville, Minnesota
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We traveled to Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta from 1/20-27/2014; in total four adults and four children ages 4, 5, and two 7-year-olds. Our family stayed at Crown Paradise Club Cancun in January of 2013 (if you would like to see my review of that resort please click on my user name).

Upon arriving, we were quite pleased to find the renovation work many complained of to be nearly complete. Renovation work is still occurring on the main buffet entrance, meeting space, some guestrooms and the hospitality room. The kids zip line was being installed and from the looks of it, I presume they have the “main pool” left to tile yet. What is completed seems to be the vast majority of the guestrooms, pirate ship water park, all of the tile sidewalks/paths, the new infinity pool, the adults only Jacuzzi and pool, and lobby.

So now down to the actual review. First of all, this is a 3-star resort. If you are expecting 5-star luxuries, select another resort. The Staff was very friendly; most spoke very good English. We found the resort to be clean and due to the renovation in excellent condition.

We were greeted at the lobby, checked in quickly, the concierge had fulfilled our request to be on a high level (there are a total of 4 stories tall) for a better ocean view. We were located in room 413, overlooking the pirate ship water-park, which was renovated. We had an okay view of the ocean. If you prefer more of an ocean view, request to be closer to the ocean than to overlook the water park.

Our children loved the Kids Paradise (included, complimentary daycare like services). We were able to indicate with red, yellow or green ribbons on their wrist bands if the children were able to check themselves in and out of kids club. This was a great feature for the varying ages and maturity of the children in our group. The Pirates Ship Water Park is NOT located inside the kids club (as it is in Cancun); however, this allowed adults to be in the water with the kids; although, adults are not allowed to go down the water slides.

There was entertainment throughout the day, clearly listed on the activities board, and communicated by the activities team at the infinity pool. We were disheartened to learn that snorkeling was listed on the activity board, but then to find out they stopped offering snorkeling “a couple months ago.” The nightly shows were held in Club Nitro; although the staff gets an A for effort, the shows were not what I considered to be quality entertainment.

Outside of the family activities, the food at the resort was average. The buffet, located in the center of the resort offered a variety of food every day and even picky eaters could navigate their way through. One of the children with us requires a gluten free diet and found ample options throughout the week. We LOVED the French restaurant and dined there 3 evenings. They do require the men to be in long pants; our 5-year-old son was allowed to wear shorts.

Within walking distance was a great flea market (walk down the beach towards the marina) for souvenirs. There is also a Taco Cart on a nearby street and for 20 Pesos you will enjoy the best taste of Mexico! We also went to the “Super Store” two blocks away and purchased Boogie Boards for $10 USD each.

Puerto Vallarta is known for its perfect weather and our week did not disappoint. We will definitely consider Crowne Paradise Puerto Vallarta for next year’s winter getaway.

Room Tip: If you prefer more of an ocean view, request to be closer to the ocean than to overlook the water pa...
1 Thank angier_12
Hola angier_12,

Thank you for being a loyal guest of Crown Paradise Club Resorts!

I’m sure that your feedback will be very helpful to Tripadvisor readers in making their decision about choosing the right hotel.
We appreciate the time you took in sharing the details of your experience and are very pleased to know we fulfilled your expectations for a perfect family friendly vacation.

We’re so glad you liked our both destinations and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again soon!

Saludos from Puerto Vallarta,
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We just came back from Crown afternoon being relocated afternoon i booked the decameron los cocos by mistake! We didn t regret our décision to move! The heated pools were very appreciated since i don t like to swim into cold water. The waterpark was a great attraction for my 3 years old Little Man. Food was ok and a la carte restaurant were good. We had to use the service of a doctor for my baby and the doctor was fast to come and offer a great service. Wal Mart and a grocery/pharmacy is minutes away. You have to pay for internet but don t bother buying a lot of cards.... Reuse your same code and it had work all week for us! If you can afford to go to the zoo, try it! It was a huge succes for us as we can play with baby tigers and lions. The only thing i was dissappoint of... Was that at the departure (we had to leave the room at noon and the bus came at 1 pm to get us), they ask us to give an ID card in garantee so we can keep the bracelet to go on the resort. I tought it was ridiculous! Are they affraid that we Will stay on the resort for free and miss the plane just to enjoy eating freely?!
I would recommand this resort for any family vacation!

1 Thank KelGatineau
Regina, Canada
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We traveled there Jan 19th for 1 week. We were nervous about this resort because of all the bad reviews we read, but let me assure you this place will not disappoint. The construction there was so minimal that you didn't even realize they were there. I could see how the reno`s would have been a problem in the earlier stages but they are well past the worst. The staff was amazing, the rooms and grounds were beautiful. The current in the ocean was a little strong for my liking. I was nervous going into the water with my 2 year old, but they have 3 awesome pools that you can use instead. My two year old wanted to play at the water park all the time. The second day we were there the lifeguard tried kicking my two year old off the water slides because he was under 4. We just simply told her there is no way he is getting kicked off the slides after the amount of money we just spent specifically for this feature of the resort. My son was more than capable of going up and down the slides. In fact he was more safe and polite than the older kids. The beach vendors are REALLY bad they come up right to your table at the snack bar. A simple no thank you sends them on there way but 5 seconds later someone else shows up trying to sell you the same thing. It would be nice if the hotel keeps the vendors back behind the ropes. The new pool is beautiful but was too cold for us. I think they are working on making it heated. The other pool is heated but there is minimum shade. We never tried the restaurants because we just like to eat and get back outside, but I heard they were good. The buffet got boring by the end of the week but I never starved. The room service was a bit of joke they always forgot something we ordered and the portion size was small. We were told the time share people were bad at the resort but we were never approached by any of them. We will definitely be returning to this resort in the future.

Room Tip: We booked the family room and immediately asked to be switched to standard room when we saw all the...
Hola tyrell B,

It gives us such joy to know that your stay at CPC was amazing! Thank you for your kind comments on the service, the facilities and the rooms, we’re glad to hear we exceeded your expectations.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience at the water slides, we have this policy for the safety reasons, I apologize for the trouble it might have caused you.

We’re thrilled to know you’ll be returning for another family vacation, I’d like to invite you contact us directly for any assistance with your pre- arrival arrangements.

Thank you for posting!

Saludos,
Redwood City, California
Reviewed February 1, 2014

This place is a perfectly average resort. We stayed with a large group and were in one of the smaller rooms on the first floor, while the rest of my family was in the penthouse. The hotel is old (or appears to be old anyway). The penthouse was large, but nothing fancy. In fact, the toilet broke and was shooting water everywhere at one point, and the balcony door blew off in the middle of the night. Our room downstairs was more updated, but very small. The beds were not very comfortable. The front desk people are average - not super friendly or helpful. In fact, I paid for a week of wifi and specifically asked what the limitations were and was told none. But you can only have two devices connected at a time (we had 5), and of course connectivity was iffy. When I went to the front desk to talk to them about not being able to connect, he was very unfriendly and basically blew me off.

The food is OK, and the saving grace was the all-inclusive, because we had two 16 year old boys with us who would have used our life's savings on food if we didn't have that, as they would order room service as a snack before dinner.

We stayed for New Years, and that was an amazing event - really well done. The food that night was amazing. All you can eat shrimp, crab, etc. And the servers are especially friendly and wonderful. They practiced their English with me, and allowed me to practice my Spanish with them, without making me feel like an idiot. Talking to them was the highlight of the experience.

Solid three stars. Great for kids, but if I was traveling alone with my husband, I would stay at a more upscale place.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hola SC623,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to share your opinion on TripAdvisor.

It is wonderful to hear that you had such an amazing New Year’s Eve, and that our staff and their friendliness and service were the highlight of your experience.

We’re glad you found the all-inclusive concept to be a perfect choice for your family vacation.

The resort has been going through a major renovation process, so I’m a little bit confused about your mentioning that the hotel is old.

We are usually known for our attentive and friendly staff. We are truly sorry your experience with a member of our front desk staff was different, and therefore would like to apologize. I’ll make sure to share your observation with the Management.

Thank you again for your comments and the time you took to share them, it is greatly appreciated!

Saludos from Puerto Vallarta,
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I am writing this review because I think the resort is VERY underrated. You get what you pay for in most cases, but you get more here. We had our hesitation after reading reviews but with two very ative kids, the more the children are entertained the more the parents can sip tequilas and pinaples. So if you have highly energetic kids and are taking a family vacation with them, then this is a good review for you.
Rooms: renovated rooms are nice, they look like a boutique hotel or trendy 3 star in Canada or US. We had a balcony which over-looked the water park. Don't expect a room that is ocean front, these rooms looked like residential suites. But it is fairly painless to get from your room to the resort, restaurants, and beach. TV had lots of channels which included a few english stations. Bathroom is open-concept with separate glass doors to the toilet and shower. This was very convenient since we put our 1 year old's crib to sleep in the washroom where is was quiet and dark from the rest of us (he goes to sleep at 6:30pm). Only problem was he was close to the door so there was noise in the hallway at times or from us going in and out. But the room was very clean.
The zip-line was under construction, yes that's right they have a zip-lin on the resort, the main pool is not heated and I found it pretty cool, even colder than the ocean. We stuck to the water park and the warmer pool, which has a bar. The kids loved this pool and so did we and the bar too! Did we mention they mix wicked drinks for the kids? Don't hesitate to ask for a drunk papa smurf for yourself. They are very sweet, sometimes I had to ask to go easy on the blue liquid sugar. Beach is very clean and you will notice the merchants all part of the package. You just have to say your not interested or cover your face with your hat they aren't too bothersome. And if you lost your sunglasses, wait 5 minutes you'll be able to pickup a good pair. The beachside bas is truly a beachside bar with a wicked view. We weren't served a lot but i don't mind getting up to get another drink. There are widnsales and belly boards push-cars and scooters for the kids. Our 1 yo didn't like the ocean too much but loved the push-car so we put him in the pushcar and pushed him as we walked along the beach.
Food was great. We've been to all inclusives before and yuo can get sick of the food pretty quick. They cook more traditional dishes and they cook them well with variety of mexican dishes. We only ate at the buffet restaurant (they have three a la cart restaurants) and did not get sick of it at all. I didn't even bother with the pasta station, or grill. The mexican food they cook and supply at the buffet is good. Our only complaint was there is no food between 11am-12pm and 5pm-6pm. Our kids stick with schedules so when they were hungry at 11:30 for lunch and there was no lunch before nap, we had to change our plans a little. We ate breakfast at 7-8am and returned to the breakfast buffet around 10;45am and loaded-up a plate for Lunch wich we ate in our rooms before both kids went down for naps at noon. When everyone was up we went to our lunch at 2:30/ kids snack at the buffet. The beachside snack bar isn't much but better than some self-serve snack bars I've seen. This is where you will refill your water bottle, eat deep-fried veggies and nachos and cheese while enjoying the sounds of the waves. We weould get the kids cleaned-up before heading back to the 6pm buffet where we would have supper before I would cut-shourt mine to put the little guy to sleep. But my wife would always bring me back desert ;). The buffet is oceanfront and we always picked the outside tables essentially having a seaside meal. I loved this very much. Water is important and they do only give you one bottle of water, but they welcome you to re-fill it. An aditional 1.5L is another 15 pesos... that's a $1.50! It aint worth getting pissed off over. We went to the grocery market 1 minute a way and it cost the same. And stop at the taco stand on your way they are awesome!
Puerto Vallarta is a nice and friendly city, we took the bus with the kids and two strollers and managed. People help you alot there. Side note the Canadian consulate is 7 minute walk away, and if you bank with Scotiabank you can withdraw cash at one of the best rates in town without a service charge as long as you use teh ATM
If you don't have kids, this is a good less expemsive place to stay at and quiet. The Jacuzzi area doesn't allow kids so it's a quiet oasis away from the noise with excellent service at the poolside bar. Which brings-up another point. The staff here is truly amazing. We never got any attitude, and they were very helpful pulling-up a high chair, helping with your food or kids.
I wish the kids club rules could be bent a little. Our 3.5 yo was too little for the kids clup, we put him in the baby club but he was bored since he was the only one there. The kids clup had more kids and what sparked his interest was coloring, I which they would have let him in. But they did include him in soccer games etc.. Our 1.5 yo was just shy so he couldn't go, but they did offer to let him sleep there during nap time. Family time is 12-2 so you can play with them too.
They had lots of activities, if you are an open minded person. If you find every little detail, if hammering and saws will drive you crazy, then wait until the construction's over. Personally I find construction very soothing; i love waking up to a lawn mower.
I highly recommend the staff and the crown paradise club as a vacation spot for anyone. It's very safe and a warm place to stay. We are planning to go back in a few more years since the kids get really good use of the waterpark and mom and dad can make good use out of the kids club.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room, closer to the ocean and away from construction if taking a siesta in your...
2 Thank OceanIdiot
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Hola OceanIdiot,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a great feedback on your stay!

We couldn't be happier to know that we lived up to your expectations and we never get tired of hearing our guest compliment the hotel and the staff. When guest like you show gratitude for the services we offer, this encourages the staff at the Crown Paradise Club to continually aim to please.

Your review was very delightful to read and we appreciate your high recommendations! The entire team joins me to thank you and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon.

Greetings from Puerto Vallarta,
North Battleford, Canada
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We traveled her Feb 2013. I was please with the size of resort. Everything was centralized and right on the water. It was amazing to sit and watch the sunset every night and in the morning looking out in the ocean. At the time we went it was a timeshare hotel so we were told to avoid the lobby due to being harassed by the timeshare peddlers. It was annoying but after a few days you learn to be assertive or avoid eye contact. The food was great and lots of options for kids. The kids pool was amazing and the people we travelled with who had kids had a great time there. The beds were hard as rocks so I recommend you take a short walk to walmart and by a foam. The Pirate Ship was a great experience. We went on the night that catered to Saskatchewan lovers. A trip into town was magical. The performers and the shopping could not be beat. I will go back to PV again and again. Enjoy!!

Room Tip: Ocean or garden view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank E W
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Hola E W,

Thank you for posting your feedback regarding your visit to Crown Paradise Club.
We are thrilled to know that you had the opportunity to enjoy the amazing sunset views, so famously known as a signature of Puerto Vallarta!
I’m happy to inform you that we went through a major renovation, and would love to invite you to see our improvements reached over the past year.

Once again thank you so much for your nice comments and for sharing these with travelers around the world. Please come back soon we´ll be happy to create another memorable vacation experience for you!

All the best,