We stayed at this hotel during March Break, and it more or less met expectations (after reading plenty of reviews, I was expecting a 3-star caliber hotel).
Hotel / Rooms
As many have said in their reviews, the rooms are not fancy, but ours was very clean and had a partial ocean view. AC was good, no issues with hot water, beds were fine. Could have done without the screaming kids at 6:30am in the hallways - one kid went on screaming for about 30 minutes straight...who parents these kids?
Waterpark / Pool
Our son didn't spend alot of time in the waterpark, he preferred the main pool or the beach. There is a air nozzle right at the waterpark to blow up inflatable toys - look for the spongebob mural and it is right beside it. Lots of kids were in the waterpark, so it was quite popular. The main pool is heated which is quite nice and is 4 feet deep all around, so good for kids.
Beach is nice and sandy, but not really very good for kids to go swimming - strong under current, and most days pretty strong waves. As mentioned, lots of vendors on the beach, However, a fair number of vacationers were buying items from them, so hard to fault the vendors for being there. Lots of loungers - so you shouldn't have any trouble getting a spot even if you don't play the early morning towel game.
I have to say the buffet could stand a good deal of improvement. Thankfully they have the 3 a la carte restaurants, as I don't think I could have taken the buffet for dinner every night. The breakfast buffet was the best - good omelettes, french toast, pancakes, waffles. Although I have never been to a breakfast buffet that didn't have bacon (even in Cuba!). They kept a small stash of bacon strips by the omelette stations but you had to know to ask, and often they ran out. Lunch we mostly stuck to the snack bar and it was fine - hamburgers, hotdogs, various things dipped in batter and deep fried; a small "salad bar" of sorts.
And I have to echo the sentiments on the ever-present wiener dishes. Cutting up wieners and putting them in a steam tray does not make them "sausages". Putting wieners in a crusty tortilla does not make them "pigs in a blanket". I don't know if this hotel has stock in the local wiener factory, but enough of the wieners - breakfast lunch and dinner.
The a la carte restaurants were pretty good. We ate at all three, and thought they served very decent food. Again, thankfully they had 3 decent a la carte restaurants, as I don't think I could have stood the buffet for dinner the whole week.
A couple other tips - there is a grocery store about 3-4 minutes away. Take a right leaving the hotel and that the first left up a side street and you will reach the grocery store in about 2 min. They also have supplies such as sun screen, towels, etc... Also there is a local flea market about 3 minutes away if you take a left when leaving the hotel. Be ready to barter.
The staff were also pretty great. Friendly and a couple of them went out of their way to help with something. We had a good enough time, and if the price were right we would consider coming back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A MODERN FAMILY-FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT The ambiance here at the Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, All Inclusive Resort is one of casual family fun. Our oceanfront resort was designed with myriad places to have fun and relax with an aquapark with 9 slides a pirate ship and a castle, big jacuzzi with swim up bar for adults, 3 a la carte restaurants and more... All the fun for big and small! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and Odigeo so you can book your Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Playa De Oro