This is in my opinion, a 3 to 3 and half star hotel.
We stayed at this hotel from Feb 25 to Mar 4, 2013 and had a great time and met some amazing people. We researched this hotel before hand, so we knew it wasn't a five star hotel, so there were no surprises. The food at this hotel was decent, I never went to bed hungry. Compared to Cuba it was good.
Our room was dated but functional. The only negative for me were the beds, mine was really hard. I had a hard time sleeping past 4 or 5 in the morning. Other than that, the room was really clean and worked well for my family.
The pools were really fun and we had no issues but ended up using the main pool more than the kids pirate pool. We would spend hours swimming and socializing with people from all over Canada and the US. The resort has an amazing server named Ofelia who took care of all our drinking needs. We didn't even have to ask for more drinks, she would just keep bringing them. I did tip her well everyday and I am sure this helped but I believe in tipping for good service.
We did all of the restaurants except the French and thought they were ok. We liked the Italian the best and enjoyed the caesar salad a lot. The buffet was decent and always had something to eat and it was always hot. The coffee was hit and miss most days and the OJ was great.
The shows were fun but really confusing how the put them together but all in all a good time to hang out with family and friends that we met. The animation staff was really good and always organized certain games throughout the day. I believe it is important to get involved and the vacation will be much better.
We always took a daily walk down the beach and really enjoyed checking out other hotels and condo's along the way. We also walked down the beach to Starbucks to catch up on emails and a nice cup of coffee. They have free wifi and it is only a ten minute walk from the hotel by the beach or road. We also bought a lot of pool toys and alcohol from Soriano's and the kids loved the donuts from the bakery inside.
We went downtown 3 times during our trip, twice by the bus, and we really fell in love with Puerto Vallarta. We ate at Pipi's twice during our stay and must say that it was great food and so much fun. We also got pulled into a mime show on the Malecon which was funny and quite the experience. We never felt unsafe during our trip to Puerto Vallarta and the locals were always accommodating and helpful to use.
We also didn't have any issue with the time share sharks at the airport, we just said no thanks and kept on moving.
In the end, the Crown Paradise is a great hotel if you know what you are getting. It is a budget friendly family type resort that in my opinion was reasonably priced. It is super clean, fun but not fancy. The lobby is lacking but instead of focusing on the negative we chose to enjoy the resort for what it is, not we it could be. We were in Mexico and had an amazing time and enjoyed the vacation. We met great people and we go back to Puerto Vallarta in a heart beat but we would try a different resort. Not because of any huge faults, just to experience something different.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A MODERN FAMILY-FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT The ambiance here at the Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, All Inclusive Resort is one of casual family fun. Our oceanfront resort was designed with myriad places to have fun and relax with an aquapark with 9 slides a pirate ship and a castle, big jacuzzi with swim up bar for adults, 3 a la carte restaurants and more... All the fun for big and small! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Playa De Oro