After extensively reviewing this resort I booked my family of 4 in for 10 days. Many reviews warned of the poor food but we thought maybe these were just "picky eaters". We were wrong and the previous reviewers were correct. It's not a matter of being picky and not liking what they served, it was that their food and their food handling is of very poor quality. We phoned our travel company and asked to be moved to another resort after our 4yr old and 6 yr old both ended up in the San Javier Marina hospital with a diagnosis of an "intestinal virus" most likely caused by food poisoning (Dr's words, not mine. However I agree whole heartedly). My 4 yr old couldn't even keep down water she was so sick.
When I booked I didn't expect 5 star or even 4 star food at this resort. I did however expect to be able to serve food to my kids that was edible. We were continuously served raw hamburgers at the snack bar and when I asked the staff to cook them longer they either didn't understand what I was saying (somewhat understandable) or they didn't care. At one point I put the patties back on the grill myself and the staff just picked them up right away and gave them to the next person in line. Disgusting!
Even worse is how the plastic cups at the bars are cleaned...by being rinsed in tap water and then dunked in tub of some sort of water/cleaning solution. No soap, no scrubbing, no hot water. Their standards of cleanliness are as poor as their food handling standards.
Our room appeared to be clean but I discovered tiny little ants in our bathroom crawling along the mirror. I didn't think too much of it at first. But when I went to give my daughters their fever medicine there was a swarm of ants all along the side of the bottle and the inside of the box. What started as 2 or 3 ants had quickly turned into about 20 to 30 all over the medicine I needed to administer orally to a 4 and 6 yr old.
The A/C worked in our first floor room ran on either high or off. We were either sweltering or freezing. There was no happy medium.
The grounds of the resort are very well kept but there were a lot of stray animals roaming. We saw 2 different cats and a small dog wandered onto the property from off the beach.
There are very few good things to say about this resort. The pool was warm and the waterpark was hit with our kids but they didn't get to use them that much because they were so sick. We didn't use the kids club so I can't comment on it but it didn't look like much more than a colouring station.
I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A MODERN FAMILY-FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT The ambiance here at the Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, All Inclusive Resort is one of casual family fun. Our oceanfront resort was designed with myriad places to have fun and relax with an aquapark with 9 slides a pirate ship and a castle, big jacuzzi with swim up bar for adults, 3 a la carte restaurants and more... All the fun for big and small! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Playa De Oro