Our family of parents, children and grandparents just spent a very satisfactory two weeks of Christmas break based at the Crown Paradise Club. This family-oriented all-inclusive resort was good for all of us. It is located about 10 minutes by taxi from the airport on a very nice sandy beach with calm to gentle waves (at least in December.) We had side-by-side rooms with two queen beds each and one pack and play. We were located on the second floor, with balconies overlooking the adult pool and with a nice view of the ocean. (223-224) The room has a built in safe (bring a lanyard or key chain for the key), a small refrigerator, color TV (several English language channels), AC, closet with hangers, bathtub shower combo and WiFi in the room (for a fee-we bought a week's worth for $69.00 US). Two blocks away is a large, full service supermarket (good place to buy sun screen and sand toys), and Costco and Walmart are short taxi rides away. (It costs about $5US to take a taxi ride with a maximum of 4 people/taxi, to the Malacon, or Costco, or Walmart.) Our review of the food is from the perspective of vegetarians. The Breakfast Buffet was excellent...large variety of fresh fruit including melon, papaya and pineapple: yogurt, cereal, pancakes, waffles, French toast and omelettes. Delicious Mexican hot chocolate, chilaquilas and Mexican pastries. Lunch Buffet included an exensive salad bar (Yes we ate the lettuce) sandwich fixings,soup and usually to-order tacos or tostados...the snack bar was open all afternoon with fruit, nachos, fries, batter-fried vegetables and often pizza....The dinner buffet was fairly heavy on the meat and seafood but usually there was made to order pasta, soup (my favorite was cream of pumpkin), steamed vegetables, rice or potatoes, beans, and fresh tortillas. We took our family to the Italian Restaurant one evening and enjoyed the ambience and food presentation, again we were able to order vegetarian food....the cheesecake with black berries was especially good. (To eat in the restaurants, dress code is a couple of notches above beach wear and men need to wear long pants and closed toed shoes...you also have to make reservations by phone between 9 and 2 and that can be frustrating as the line often rings busy.) We enjoyed the beach venders sharing their wares. ( A smile and "Not today, thank you." sent them easily on their way and after a couple of days unless you caught their eye they mostly didn't approach.) Just north of the resort is an artisan's mart with more than 50 little shops where you can browse and bargain...(we found these shop keepers much more likely to bargain than those on the Malacon.) US dollars seem welcome everywhere. (Take lots of low denomination bills...change will come back to you in pesos.) The advertising says "tips are included" but we happily left a couple of dollars each day for our maid...(leave the money on the bed or with a note or they won't be sure it is for them and will leave it.) This resort is popular with the Nationals and so you hear lots of Spanish spoken but all the signage is bilingual and all of the staff can understand English or direct you easily to someone who can. This resort is not a quiet, hideaway or a place for carousing spring-breakers but if you are looking for a safe, fun, family-oriented, multi-cultural experience this might be the vacation spot for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A MODERN FAMILY-FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT The ambiance here at the Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, All Inclusive Resort is one of casual family fun. Our oceanfront resort was designed with myriad places to have fun and relax with an aquapark with 9 slides a pirate ship and a castle, big jacuzzi with swim up bar for adults, 3 a la carte restaurants and more... All the fun for big and small! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Playa De Oro