My wife and I visited PV for the first time and stayed at the Villa del Plamar. Upon check in we were handed off to our concierge...really a time share salesman pushing the savings that can be realized by having a "gold card." Yours for only giving up 90 minutes of your time to tour...
I thought timeshre pushers were bad in Cancun, but Puerto Vallarta (and this timeshare group specifically) has them beat hands down!
However, all their promises fell short...
The bottle of champagne they promise is really a bottle of Andre ($5-$6) or the tequila is a crappy "no name" that not even the locals drink.
The "top tours" that you get to book at a discount are either very remote (and they'll automatically book you into the twice as expensive closer tour) or limited. If there are specific things you are looking for ask those specific prices. We went for the Outdoor adventure tour and had been quoted $90 for the 2 of us...after the presentation it was actually $75, each.
Lastly, we were supposed to receive an additional 5% off everthing we charged to the room...we were told at the end of the stay that we didn't qualify for this as we needed to hit a certain threshhold (none had been communicated).
Despite the great location (centrally located, close but not in downtown) and the fact that the room and pool were clean and well maintained--we won't be staying here again.
Beyond the timeshare stuff, inconsistencies abound. Services are offered until 8pm, though the door states 9pm and a sign inside states 10pm...the pool closes at 11:00pm (but really 10:00pm).
The final straw here was during currency exchange. I exchanged a few hundred dollars and wanted 200peso bills--the clerk said she had none. The exchange was completed and she handed me my bills (in mexico the don't count it out in front of you). I counted the money...and double counted...the clerk had skimmed 200 pesos ($20)off the top! When I called her on it, she produced a 200 peso bill and didn't seem to surprised or sorry!
Location, room, pool = rating 3.5
Service and general feeling of not being ripped off every moment = rating 0.5
Averages to a rating of 2.0
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the soft sands of Banderas Bay is Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta, an enchanting family resort that combines charming Mexican tradition with upscale sophistication and modernity. The magical resort, situated close to the center of downtown Puerto Vallarta, offers a unique vacation experience that will have you falling in love with the stunning beachfront destination. Boasting two freeform pools, three delicious culinary options and a state-of-the-art spa, Villa del Palmar is everything you need for a fun-filled vacation and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Hotel Del Palmar Beach
- Villa Del Palmar Puerto Vallarta
- Resort Del Palmar Beach
- Puerto Vallarta Villa Del Palmar