I was pretty nervous heading into our trip after reading some of the more negative reviews about the place. So was well prepared on how to handle the timeshare sharks once you land in PV and up until you receive your key.
When we arrived at the Villa Del Palmar we were greeted with warm smiles and not a long check-in process. Since we arrived 4 hours before check-in time our room was not ready for us. Our experience w/ the "concierge/personal assistant" right after check-in was actually quite pleasant and helpful. Before they get to the timeshare pitch there was a lot of good information on how to get around the city and hotel. We booked all of our excursions through Vallarta Adventures before coming, so the push for an excursion through the hotel was not pressured. Once our concierge started talking about the discount card I knew we were heading into the timeshare pitch. We let her explain the card and how to get it we would need to visit their sister hotel. Once she finished explaining we simply told her we were not interested and that was the end of her push/pressure to do the timeshare. A much easier process than anticipated from past negative reviews.
Our room (studio) was on the 7th floor in the main building and it was great. It wasn't 5 Stars or the Ritz but for what it was it totally worked for us! It was very clean and no sign of some of the horror stories from previous reviews. The mini kitchen was very helpful since we visited the mall w/ the Soriana (Walmart type of store) a couple blocks down and stocked up on some water and breakfast foods. The location of the hotel is excellent.
Other amenities of the hotel - we did not do the all-inclusive meal plan. The food was very expensive so we stayed away. The location of the hotel is in a fantastic place and it is very easy to find a place to eat by walking or taking the city bus. We were going to try the Spa for a massage, but found a small place in the same mall as the Soriana that did full body massages for only $20USD. My wife and I only paid $40 for what would've cost $150+ at the hotel spa. The pools were nice. We spent most of our sun time at the private pool where mostly adults were and not crowded at all. The larger pool was very crowded and had a lot of noise b/c of the activities that were taking place there. The beach is actually a joke. Water is not clear and you get bugged to death by beach vendors, but that is no fault of the hotel.
Overall we had a pleasant stay at the Villa Del Palmar and would stay there again. Just know what to expect and set your expectations at a realistic level. Don't expect 5 star treatment and amenities at a 3 star resort. We had a great time and we are a married couple in our late 20's.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the soft sands of Banderas Bay is Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta, an enchanting family resort that combines charming Mexican tradition with upscale sophistication and modernity. The magical resort, situated close to the center of downtown Puerto Vallarta, offers a unique vacation experience that will have you falling in love with the stunning beachfront destination. Boasting two freeform pools, three delicious culinary options and a state-of-the-art spa, Villa del Palmar is everything you need for a fun-filled vacation and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa
- Hotel Del Palmar Beach
- Villa Del Palmar Puerto Vallarta
- Resort Del Palmar Beach
- Puerto Vallarta Villa Del Palmar