Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
4,306 results
All reviews gold card timeshare presentation pool concierge time share presentation quiet pool all inclusive package activities staff close to downtown all inclusive plan sales pitch one bedroom suite main pool the wait staff water aerobics great vacation family vacation beach vendors
Selected filters
Reviewed January 1, 2020 via mobile

I have traveled to Mexico dozens of times and have always been impressed with the resorts- until now. I have a family of five- children ages 2, 7 & 9. We chose the all-inclusive option and have been very disappointed- and even frustrated. This resort does not have the ground space for the amount of people it allows to book at one time. I understand the week after Christmas is a busy week anywhere (we travel every year at this time), but this has been an experience unlike any other.

My first complaint is the internet service - or lack thereof. If you have to work at all while on your trip- this hotel is NOT an option for you! The WiFi is terrible, even when you pay $10/day for it. So if you stay here- don’t pay for it, but either way you’re not getting good service anywhere except for the deli, which is not part of the all-inclusive.

Next, do not visit here if you tend to be in a hurry or have small children who need to eat when they’re hungry. We have waited in line for the breakfast buffet for approx 30 min- and we are early risers! This is very difficult with small children or if you have plans for the day and need to be somewhere on time. The buffet has poor service, runs out of basic foods/condiments often, and lots of bees and birds to deal with during your meal. The pool chairs are all reserved by about 8:30am, and there is so swim-up bar or convenient bar to walk to during busy hours, so drinks and food take a while. The waitstaff is great, but they are overwhelmed and backed up- through no fault of their own.

In terms of dinner, the website is deceiving. The options available have very limited seating so reservations for large groups or walk-ins are almost impossible. For example, the Japanese restaurant literally has ONE table. It’s a tiny hut off of the pool. The service at each of the restaurants is very slow and we waited approx one hour for chicken wings at the sports bar on the rainy day (but we were lucky to even get a table so that was a plus, I guess.)

Also, you can’t charge anything to the room or even tip the staff on to the room, so you constantly must carry cash, which is inconvenient for pool/beach days and further defeats the purpose of an all-inclusive.

One night, there was a movie in the lobby for kids. We had been out exploring all day and the kids were starving. We tried to order food to the lobby and none of the restaurants would deliver there. They refused to accommodate us and we ended up having to walk out on the movie and order room service- which was another debacle. It was 9pm and we were put on hold for 15 min and then told the wait for one pizza and one nacho was TWO HOURS. This is ridiculous. Clearly, this resort cannot maintain decent or reasonable service for the amount of guests it allows.

Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank JoBisceg
ManagerVEPPV, Gerente at Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2020

Dear Guest,

I appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us.

I am very sorry that your recent visit didn´t go as expected. Your feedback is highly important to us. Without hesitation we will take into consideration your comments to improve our service and prevent a recurrence of such an event.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to host you again so that we may serve you with the warmth and hospitality for wich we are recognized.

Reviewed December 31, 2019

I had a T shirt that was custom made for me that I brought with me to Mexico. I hung it up on a hook in the bathroom and put a towel over it. the next day the towel was gone and so was the T shirt. (I am not sure why the housekeeping took my towel off the hook, I thought we were trying to conserve water by not washing towels that were hung up?)
I thought it would be easy for them to find a blue T shirt in white laundry? I guess not. I called laundry services twice and they told me they would get back with me about it and neither time did they call me back. This t shirt was not of great value but it was sentimental and it really irritates me that, as far as I am concerned, they put no effort into finding this for me. I got the impression that they really didnt care if was missing. I have never had anything like this happen in any hotel anywhere else in the world. I was put off by this one event and would not recommend staying in this hotel because if they handled this small incident in this way, how are they going to handle larger incidences that may occur.

1  Thank 67tylern
ManagerVEPPV, Gerente at Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2020

Dear Guest,

I appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us.

Reviewed December 31, 2019

Resort was great. Concierge Irma was super helpful with ATV tour, booking massages, restaurants. She was so helpful. Staff was all super friendly, food very good. Pool was cool but guacamole was outstanding!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your amazing words, for your time and dedication to write your experience, we strive to exceed your expectations and making sure that you feel better than home.

We will pass on your words of praise to those that were involved in helping to insure that all were happy with this vacation and let them know that their efforts are very appreciated.

We look forward to being of service to you and yours in the future when you come home once again.

Reviewed December 31, 2019 via mobile

Georgina, lupita, Martin, Rocio, Irma everybody has so helpful, always smiling and very cheerful people. They are always there to help. Go see them on Concierge Desk they will help with everything. Martin even help me find a good local made salsa and pistachio.

Reviewed December 31, 2019

This is my fourth time staying at this resort. It’s a very nice place to visit and stay with family. I usually come with my kids and they love it. There are lots of activities and a very friendly staff. A special mention goes out to Irma, who helped us with our many questions and ensured that we received the answers and guidance required. If you have any questions and concerns, she’s the person to meet; she’ll direct you in the right direction. Irma is very friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. Puerto Vallarta is a very safe location and I would recommend this resort for a great family vacation.

Trip type: Traveled with family
ManagerVEPPV, Gerente at Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us the opportunity of hosting you at Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am pleased to read that you had an unforgettable experience and that our team has done a great job taking care of every detail during your stay. Your comments inspire us to keep making our guests´ satisfaction possible.

It will be an honor for Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta to have you back and offer you our sincere hospitality on your next visit.

The management