Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
4,306 results
All reviews gold card timeshare presentation pool concierge time share presentation quiet pool all inclusive package activities staff close to downtown all inclusive plan sales pitch one bedroom suite main pool the wait staff water aerobics great vacation family vacation beach vendors
Selected filters
Reviewed December 11, 2019 via mobile

How any visitors can say anything positive about this old worn out time share property is beyond my understanding .
Poor service, terrible food quality at a premium price and the continued pressure to attend presentations is very hard to take. Why do they insist that its 90 minutes when it NEVER takes less than 4 hours.
They are more than happy to give away tequila, tours, free nights until you actually purchase then the treatment changes completely. They are using oeners money to continue to increase their membership and not to benefit the owners.
I never got an answer once when calling room service. I never got an explanation for the $3.50 per day resort fee. This fee is extended to owners but if you are booking thru a vacation broker then its not applicable. Does this sound like a benefit to the owners who pay regular maintenance fees. I was refused the privilege of getting transportation to flamingos for an afternoon of relaxing and a meal in a finer restaurant even though our tiny piece of time share is at that property. They live for the opportunity to drag another poor soul through a 5 or 6 hour gruelling session on how to spend money for more time share when most 'owners' are already displeased with what they were coerced into.

We are so unhappy with allowing ourselves to ever have become involved with the Villa Group.
Do yourself a favor and stay away from all time share programs . There should be a law against taking people's money in such an ethical way.

In closing the biggest and most disturbing story is the couple who booked a 5 day inclusive stay for $299 provided they attend the presentation. They proceeded to eat, waste...eat more, and waste even more and drink themselves silly. Snd of course they didnt purchase a share! This is disgusting and should not be allowed. They didn't pay a $3.50 daily resort fee.

Kudos to Airbnb and respectable hotel chains that provide an honest product for the benefif of hard working people who deserve a vacation.

It would be nice to receive a reply from the management that isnt a form letter.

1  Thank DenaH111
ManagerVEPPV, Gerente at Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2019

Dear Dena,

I appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us.

I am very sorry that your recent visit didn´t go as expected. Your feedback is highly important to us. Without hesitation we will take into consideration your comments to improve our service and prevent a recurrence of such an event.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to host you again so that we may serve you with the warmth and hospitality for wich we are recognized.

The Management

Reviewed December 11, 2019

This was our 2nd time visiting the resort. The first time was for our honeymoon, this time was our 20th! The food was great, the staff was extra friendly, and the Mexican party on Tuesday was very entertaining! Especially Alexia, Andric, Sergio, Monse, Karina, Abraham,. Etelvina, a server at the Seafood market, was really kind, Jhovany, in concierge, was very helpful answering all our questions. Jorge, was on top of bringing food and beverages. Great stay!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ManagerVEPPV, Gerente at Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2019

Dear Troy,

Thank you for expressing your great satisfaction with Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta and for sharing the details of your stay with us.

I am very glad to learn that our team has contributed greatly to making your stay memorable. We are committed to offering outstanding service. I am thankful for your kind words which I will personally share with the team members.

On behalf to our Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta team, we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed December 11, 2019

Just got back from a fantastic, relaxing vacation. Stayed one week in a clean, well stocked one bedroom unit.
Thanks to all of the staff for a much needed vacation. But, a big shout out to:
Monserrat: concierge
Ignacio: Pool Concierge,
Sergio: Beach Master
Katy: Dance Instructor
Alexia: Aqua Aerobics instructor
Can't wait to go back again. The experience changed my mind about staying at a resort. We enjoyed hanging out by the pool and meeting folks, that we only made it in to town once.
I can't say enough about how nice and helpful all the staff were.
Spoke to many guests who have been coming to VDP for 20+ years and I understand why.

Dear Guest,

Reviewed December 10, 2019 via mobile

He was nice enough to introduce himself and made reservations for us for dinner this evening downtown. Really took the pressure off. Now we can just relax by the pool until we go get prettied up to go party

Dear Kimberly,

Reviewed December 9, 2019

While the property is showing a bit of wear and tear, the staff was exemplary. We needed help with a pool side umbrella--they were there. Towels? Always staffed and available.

While we did not participate in many activities, we were impressed with the activity staff. The Spanish class was fun even if we were hopeless. And, the staff remembered our names in the following days and greeted us.

I would like to commend 3 of the staff who performed at the Beach Party [which was a lot of fun]. Karina, Alexia; Monse, Alexia; and Sergio, Karina who, after the dance performance spent extra time with a guest who appeared to have Downs Syndrome. They were friendly and respectful and brought a huge smile to his face. It was a pleasure to observe.

If you visit you will see that the staff is busy and works hard. I'm not sure how they keep everything straight. Sure, sometimes it takes a little longer to get your coffee refilled or to order a beverage pool side, but it always happens -- and with a smile.

We thought the food was quite good. The room was very comfortable with a really nice king bed at two bathrooms in the single suite. My husband was pleased with having the Golf Channel, CNN, and some other sports.

If we could change anything it would be the the slow WiFi.

Room tip: The hotel has a quiet after 11 policy. I think being on a high floor is helpful. There are pool and ocean views.
Date of stay: December 2019
ManagerVEPPV, Gerente at Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2019

Dear Nancy,