We had a great week at the VDP after we got through the nightmare check in. The timeshare shark met us at the door of our cab to direct us to the ch eck in line that was ten people deep at six different stations. I quickly dismissed the shark and waited for one hour in line to find out that they had assigned us rooms out by the street. I told the clerk to check for two other rooms closer to the pool and beach but was told they were full. I asked to speak to a manager who sent me over to talk to pablo at the gold club desk. Pablo quickly informed me there were many rooms available near the beach and pool. After my 90 minute sweatfest at the front desk we were wisked away for a fantastic week in two one bedroom suites steps from the pool and beach.
Here is my tip for no more complaints about hard beds. Call houskeeping as soon as you get to your room and tell them to send up mattress pads. They made the beds as good as my
pillowtop at home. They even will send one up for your futon style couch. So if you have read this and come back and say the beds are to hard YOU DIDN'T PAY ATTENTION TO MY TIP.
The rest of the week was great from the food to the drinks. The staff around the pool were fantastic also. Many of them I reconized from ten years ago.
Others have posted that the $3 that they add to your bill everyday is for the maid. This is partly true. This gratuity is split between all the staff including the gardner and the folks in the laundry. Just think of this as part of the bill and don't complain when you see the gardner on his hands and knees trimming the hedges with a manual hand trimmer ten hours a day. This is one of the ways that they have kept the price down at VDP.
In closing I would say if you can avoid checking in on saturday and sunday between 2-5 do it. The front desk was a piece of cake any other time during the week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the soft sands of Banderas Bay is Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta, an enchanting family resort that combines charming Mexican tradition with upscale sophistication and modernity. The magical resort, situated close to the center of downtown Puerto Vallarta, offers a unique vacation experience that will have you falling in love with the stunning beachfront destination. Boasting two freeform pools, three delicious culinary options and a state-of-the-art spa, Villa del Palmar is everything you need for a fun-filled vacation and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa
- Hotel Del Palmar Beach
- Villa Del Palmar Puerto Vallarta
- Resort Del Palmar Beach
- Puerto Vallarta Villa Del Palmar