3,341 results
All reviews villa group timeshare presentation time share presentation quiet pool all inclusive package activities staff sales people close to downtown main pool one bedroom suite all inclusive plan water aerobics the wait staff room number great vacation beach vendors family vacation
Reviewed April 2, 2018

While staying at Villa del Palmar, our bellman,Miguel Zarate went above and beyond to make our stay very eventful,, we took a cab into town the first night and I left my wallet in the cab... after taking a bus back we talked to Miguel and he raced down to the entrance and procured the taxi number...he called the taxi driver and he returned the wallet to us shortly...what a delightful way to start the vacation off.
As we all know, chances of ever getting your wallet returned intact in the USA are almost nil,I just want to acknowledge the effort and superior service of Miguel..Muchas gracias senor Miguel

Fred and Judy Bennett

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank fredbennett2018
ManagerVEPPV, Gerente at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Dear Fred and Judy Bennett,

Thank you for expressing your great satisfaction with Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta and for sharing the details of your stay with us.

I am very glad to learn that our team has contributed greatly to making your stay memorable. We are committed to offering outstanding service. I am thankful for your kind words which I will personally share with the team members.

On behalf to our Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta team, we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed April 1, 2018

Stayed for 4 nights at Villa Palmar. Clean Hotel, felt safe. Had to move rooms upon arrival but that was handled quickly. Staff was overall solicitous and friendly especially at breakfast. Generous breakfast buffet options. Good restaurant options for a convenient meal onsite. Liked that they had a Quiet Pool. Great that they had a convenience store on the property, the female checkout clerk there was was very friendly and helpful. LOVED that the gate attendant checked out all cabs/Uber drivers as you entered and exited the property - at this day and age being in any foreign country, it's good for the hotel to ensure safety whenever possible. Hotel is close to the Marina and to the airport.

Cons - I explicitly asked to NOT have a sales presentation when I arrived at the front desk - I was coming off of a long flight and I was hungry, hot, had to meet friends downtown and I will never buy a timeshare. I was whisked away by a guy who sat me down and proceeded to tell me about the property, I thought because this was a nice hotel this was a gracious thing they do to familiarize guests and then I had the sinking feeling that despite my clear wishes, I was getting a sales pitch to buy a timeshare. This was very frustrating and annoying, not to mention a waste of the guy's time too. The other thing that should be enforced are no kids and babies in the quiet pool. I'm a mother myself (now of a young adult) so I've been on vacation to entertain kids. But there is an ample pool area for families of young children and infants - pls have this be adults only.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
ManagerVEPPV, Gerente at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2018

Dear Connie San Mateo,

Thank you for providing us the opportunity of hosting you at Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am pleased to read that you had an unforgettable experience and that our team has done a great job taking care of every detail during your stay. Your comments inspire us to keep making our guests´ satisfaction possible.

It will be an honor for Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta to have you back and offer you our sincere hospitality on your next visit.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

Very enjoyable week spent at Villa del Palmar. While it is not as new and upscale as some other resorts we thoroughly enjoyed our time. Our room was clean and spacious. Bed was comfortable. The food was good at each of the restaurants at the resort, as well as others we tried in town. We enjoyed our meals at El Patron and La Trattoria. The breakfast buffet had so many food choices and the made to order omelets were yummy! We did make a trip to Walmart so that we could prepare some meals in the room.The Palmita Market on site was also pretty well stocked with grocery items. The pools were clean and the water temperature was pleasant.It was nice to be able to choose a spot near the pool where all the music and "action" took place or at 2 others where it was quieter. The grounds were lovely. Staff friendly.

Dear Pwieckert,

Reviewed April 1, 2018

We stayed here for four nights, two adults but we went with other adults for a Bachelor/Bachelorette party. I read many reviews before going. This place is really nice. The staff is very friendly and helpful. WE felt comfortable staying here. The rooms were cleaned each day and the cleaning staff does a great job. We bought the all inclusive and it was worth it for us as you have unlimited food and drinks. However it is not necessary. There is a market on site that you can shop for food and drinks including alcohol. The food is good. You must have the chocolate cake!!!! The funniest yummy alcohol drink was a winnepooh. The staff works so hard and you see them sunrise to sunset. We really built a rapport with ARMANDO. But like I said they are all so friendly and helpful. They have a fun events for everyone including kids if you bring them. We felt safe and welcomed in Puerto Vallarta at Villa Del Palmar. We want to take the kids back.

P.S. I know people were complaining about the wifi, we added unlimited data to our phones before leaving. We had 3G while were there. We were able to call and Factime the kids. It was a little slower than usual but not terrible. We didn't check email as this was vacation and we refused to do work.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank Trismiss

Dear Trismiss,

Reviewed March 30, 2018

This is a great resort for all ages. There are 3 pools, including one that is "quiet". The restaurants on site are good and there is a market to supply all your needs. The room, a junior suite, was well appointed with a microwave, frig, toaster, blender, coffee pot, dishes, silverware and sink.
The bus stops just a short half block away and takes you anywhere you want to go.
We met a concierge in training by the name of Irma. She was so helpful and a delight to meet. Her personality makes her a great employee. Speaking of that, all the staff we came in contact with were so friendly.
We can't wait to return!

Room tip: the ocean view is nicest, we think.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pamella J
ManagerVEPPV, Gerente at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2018

Dear Pamella J,