3,560 results
All reviews villa group gold card timeshare presentation time share presentation quiet pool all inclusive package activities staff sales people close to downtown main pool one bedroom suite all inclusive plan water aerobics the wait staff beach vendors great vacation family vacation
Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

I had a wonderful time during my stay. I also enjoyed the service provided by Luis Lopez and Diego. They were very friendly, helpful, and informative. Luis answered all our questions thoroughly. We will be back.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
ManagerVEPPV, Gerente at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2018

Dear Preston L,

Thank you for providing us the opportunity of hosting you at Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am pleased to read that you had an unforgettable experience and that our team has done a great job taking care of every detail during your stay. Your comments inspire us to keep making our guests´ satisfaction possible.

It will be an honor for Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta to have you back and offer you our sincere hospitality on your next visit.

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

I had a wonderful time at the hotel and the concierge service was great. Luis Lopez was very friendly and helpful. i would definitely look for him again the next time I visit the hotel. Good job and thank you.

Date of stay: February 2018

Dear Mervin M,

Reviewed March 25, 2018

Our stay's are always wonderful. The staff at the Villa Del Palmar could not be better. Our maid Martina Hernandez was just great. Always happy and did an excellent job. The gardener Manuel is great also. The waiters, Carlos, Eddie, in fact all of them could not be better. Always attentive and pleasant.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Shirley M

Dear Shirley M,

Thank you for your amazing words, for your time and dedication to write your experience, we strive to exceed your expectations and making sure that you feel better than home.

We will pass on your words of praise to those that were involved in helping to insure that all were happy with this vacation and let them know that their efforts are very appreciated.

We look forward to being of service to you and yours in the future when you come home once again.

The Management

Reviewed March 25, 2018

Room was dated but beds were comfortable.But then again I don't go on holidays to spend time in the room. The food at the restaurants were equisite beyond excellence! Delicious! Enjoyed the pool. Beach was clean and nice to sit out. Close to shopping.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Dawn S,

Reviewed March 25, 2018

I spent a week at this resort, part of the same Villa Group that also owns my five-star property in Cabo San Lucas. This, however, is at best a three-star resort and in need of a major renovation. Despite my 19-year membership, request for a room near the beach and the fact that I was on crutches, I was assigned a room in one of the rear buildings -- and had to wait three hours for my room to be ready.

The resort looks and feels like a senior citizens' facility, with the exception of the occasional family traveling with children. The food is pedestrian and typical buffet cuisine. The house wines are mediocre, and the rules on the wines-for-purchase are not clear. The tipping system differs when you're on a meal plan and when you're off, and that's not explained or transparent until you receive your bill.

I found the bellmen, beach waiters and beach support staff to be the most professional and helpful, and many of the waiters in The Market, the principal restaurant, to be cocky.

Puerto Vallarta is a much older and more developed resort city than Cabo San Lucas, and the Villa del Palmar here falls far short of the standards set at other Villa Group properties.

I'd recommend travelers seek out some of Mexico's newer and better looking resorts when planning a trip.

Room tip: Insist on a room in one of the buildings closest to the beach.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank ANDREW L
ManagerVEPPV, Gerente at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2018

Dear Andrew L,

I appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us.

I am very sorry that your recent visit didn´t go as expected. Your feedback is highly important to us. Without hesitation we will take into consideration your comments to improve our service and prevent a recurrence of such an event.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to host you again so that we may serve you with the warmth and hospitality for wich we are recognized.

The Management