3,559 results
All reviews villa group gold card timeshare presentation time share presentation quiet pool all inclusive package activities staff sales people close to downtown main pool one bedroom suite all inclusive plan water aerobics the wait staff beach vendors great vacation family vacation
Reviewed March 25, 2018

Room was dated but beds were comfortable.But then again I don't go on holidays to spend time in the room. The food at the restaurants were equisite beyond excellence! Delicious! Enjoyed the pool. Beach was clean and nice to sit out. Close to shopping.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ManagerVEPPV, Gerente at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2018

Dear Dawn S,

Thank you for providing us the opportunity of hosting you at Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am pleased to read that you had an unforgettable experience and that our team has done a great job taking care of every detail during your stay. Your comments inspire us to keep making our guests´ satisfaction possible.

It will be an honor for Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta to have you back and offer you our sincere hospitality on your next visit.

The management

Reviewed March 25, 2018

I spent a week at this resort, part of the same Villa Group that also owns my five-star property in Cabo San Lucas. This, however, is at best a three-star resort and in need of a major renovation. Despite my 19-year membership, request for a room near the beach and the fact that I was on crutches, I was assigned a room in one of the rear buildings -- and had to wait three hours for my room to be ready.

The resort looks and feels like a senior citizens' facility, with the exception of the occasional family traveling with children. The food is pedestrian and typical buffet cuisine. The house wines are mediocre, and the rules on the wines-for-purchase are not clear. The tipping system differs when you're on a meal plan and when you're off, and that's not explained or transparent until you receive your bill.

I found the bellmen, beach waiters and beach support staff to be the most professional and helpful, and many of the waiters in The Market, the principal restaurant, to be cocky.

Puerto Vallarta is a much older and more developed resort city than Cabo San Lucas, and the Villa del Palmar here falls far short of the standards set at other Villa Group properties.

I'd recommend travelers seek out some of Mexico's newer and better looking resorts when planning a trip.

Room tip: Insist on a room in one of the buildings closest to the beach.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank ANDREW L
ManagerVEPPV, Gerente at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2018

Dear Andrew L,

I appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us.

I am very sorry that your recent visit didn´t go as expected. Your feedback is highly important to us. Without hesitation we will take into consideration your comments to improve our service and prevent a recurrence of such an event.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to host you again so that we may serve you with the warmth and hospitality for wich we are recognized.

The Management

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

My wife, 24 year old daughter and 22 year old son, along with his girlfriend travelled to Villa del Palmar resort March 10-17. We had two rooms - a standard room for son and girlfriend and a one bedroom suite for the rest of us. Overall our experience at the resort was excellent and we would definitely go back there again. We exchanged our Diamond Resort points through Interval Interval International, so did not pay directly for the stay.

Check in was a bit slow but we realized that our service rep was relatively new. Ultimately we were checked in with no issues - it just took about 1/2 hour or so. Not a big deal. We avoided the personal introduction to the facility as these are generally a prelude to the time share sell. We avoid those and were never really bothered. I saw lots of people going through the pitch - now doubt enticed with something free.

My son had room 3827 which was standard room in the main building - 8th floor. View was of the street, but no big deal. They spent very little time there and it was clean and functional. Maid service daily. Our suite was room 4154 which I have to say was perfect. Again, we spend very little time in our rooms and so as long as everything works we're generally fine. And so it was. The room had a pull out couch (ok, a bit hard. LOL), with a little kitchen area, a nice size bedroom and plenty of drawer space. Bathroom was fairly large. The only funky thing is that it's a bath/shower and there is no sliding door - there is a glass panel that runs 1/2 the length of the tub. So, no matter what you did when taking a shower, the bathroom floor got pretty wet. But again, not big deal. Plenty of hot water. Maid service daily in the suite as well, everything was clean and my wife and daughter thought the decor was "cute".

At first I was a bit concerned about the room location. You enter the room from the perimeter of the building and the patio (this was a first floor room) opens up towards the main pool. My concern was noise coming from the pool area because we were right by the pool, but when you close the patio door the noise was well blocked, except for the one night when they had the Mexican Fiesta Party But that wasn't a problem and the room turned out to be in a terrific location. Just a few feet out our door to the pool. We had easy access from the pool to the room for use of the bathroom, to get water etc Turned out to be an excellent location.

Because we were purchasing through our timeshare points, we had to decide whether to purchase the all inclusive package or pay for things as we went. The price of the all inclusive meal plan purchased Ala Carte was $92/person/day. For the five of this it would have been $3,220 per week. No way we were doing that and in the end, eating and drinking in Mexico, compared to the US is very inexpensive. I think when you buy it in a package it's probably a better deal, but buying it separately, no way it's worth it. We charged everything to the room. They do add a 12 1/2% gratuity to each bill, saying that this is going to the servers. I'm a bit dubious about that - not sure if it really does. So we often also tipped the wait staff around the pool in dollars - although not always. Seems like paying twice, but also didn't want the staff to get ripped off for all the hard work they do. Many people, however, were upset about that and never tipped the staff directly - simply signing the bill. Regardless of whether we did or not, we found the wait staff service around the pool to be excellent. Plenty of servers, always very attentive, especially around happy hour. By the way, if you do the Ala Carte method, on check-in they charge your credit card $250 up front. We used all of that by the end of the week and had to add a bit more, But again, we had five people drinking and snacking.

Because we did not have the meal plan, I cannot really comment on all the restaurants because we tend to be out and about a lot. We ate at the Mexican restaurant there one night and the food was just fine. The sports bar also has some really good food we thought and had lunch there one day. There's a little market onsite to buy water (which you'll need a lot of!) and other items. We brought our own pancake mix but bought some fruit and other things there. We also often frequented it for coffee in the morning and pastries we took on the fly as we did a lot of morning excursions.

There's a great little open air food court right across the street. Had the best pork and pineapple sandwich there, and a great enchilada. Highly recommend to try it out. And again, compared to the states very inexpensive. Also across the street and down a bit - to the north - are a few other restaurants. We ate at an Italian restaurant one night - La Dolce Vita - and it was terrific. I'm not a food snob at all and am easy to please, but three of us ate there, had a bottle of wine, numerous cocktails, appetizers, dessert, etc. etc. - all for less than $100US and the food was really good and the wait staff on top of things.

Most of our time at the resort was spent hanging around the pool and as I said, service was excellent, the drinks were flowing and well made, the snacks were good and everything was terrific for us. The beach area is pretty small - but you expect that when you book a resort right in Puerto Vallarta. We found that the location is really good for us. For 7.5 pesos (about 30 cents) you can easily catch a bus downtown and once you figure it out, that's the way to go. My son often went downtown at night and decided to Uber back - about $2.50/ride. So transportation is cheap. Downtown is closely and so is the Marina if you're doing a boat excursion. Again, however, if you're looking for a huge beach, this isn't it.

I used the workout facility on several occasions and compared to other resorts I've been to this one was pretty good. They also had Mr. Puerto Vallarta on staff - so if you wanted a bit of personal weight instruction, he was there to help very weekday morning.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay there and would definately go back. The combination of the easy commute to downtown (or north - we went to Sayulita via bus one day - that was an experience!) One thing to be aware of - the crowd generally was "older". My son pretty much thought it was a retirement community. I'm 56 and felt on the younger side. Some families - but if you're a young adult and looking for a wild time with rockin' music, this might not be the place. They did have dance lessons and water aerobics each day which was fun and got things going a bit.

Overall, we found Villa del Palmar an excellent resort that met all of our expectations.

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank JimS1961

Dear JimS1961,

Thank you for expressing your great satisfaction with Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta and for sharing the details of your stay with us.

I am very glad to learn that our team has contributed greatly to making your stay memorable. We are committed to offering outstanding service. I am thankful for your kind words which I will personally share with the team members.

On behalf to our Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta team, we look forward to your next visit!

The management

Reviewed March 24, 2018

Just got back from our stay at Villa Del Palmar. My husband and I have stayed there several times. The staff is amazing. Some that really stand out are Diego Romero, in house manager and his assistant Luis Lopez. They always were incredibly helpful with all our needs. Even remembered us from previous visits. They truly made us feel like it was home and our comfort was their top priority. Also our bellman Jose and Miguel were so helpful and friendly. If you want a great place to stay that is clean and always working hard to make your stay incredible choose Villa Del Palmar in Puerto Vallarta!!!!!

Room tip: Building 3 has views of pool and ocean
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ManagerVEPPV, General Manager at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2018

Dear Guest, Jill M

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about our staff. It is a pleasure to know that your experience at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa exceded your expectations. Our number one priority is to make every guest experience exceptional and unique as it can be-

It will be an honor to have you back again; please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any assistance for your next stay.

Best regards,

Benhur Berdejo

Reviewed March 24, 2018

We have stayed here many times they always do a fine job.Diego Romero remembered us immediately and was a terrific host .He make us feel very welcomed and treats us with the best customer care of anywhere we have stayed at on vacation .He is a very valuable asset to your company.We also like to mention the terrific job Jose and Miguel do as your bell and luggage service attendants .Luis Lopez also was was very good concierge he help whenever needed.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear guest, Darrellstires

Thank you for defining your trip at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa as “terrific”, this is a very challenging word but we take it as a commitment to always and consistently delivering a personalized high level service to every of our guests.

We are delighted to know that the personalized high level service to every one of our guests made the magic we are looking for: to make you feel at home, far away from home. Thank you so much for such a great opportunity to pamper you and your family at this resort.

I will verify to share your comments with all my staff, as I am sure that each one of them comes to work every day with a great motivation feeling; they really love what they do and I am sure your lovely comment will stimulate them.

Thank you again for your preference, we are looking forward to your next visit.

Benhur Berdejo