3,166 results
All reviewsvilla grouptimeshare presentationquiet poolall inclusive packagesales peopleactivities staffmain poolone bedroom suiteall inclusive planclose to downtownwater aerobicsthe wait staffgreat vacationbeach vendorsfamily vacationocean viewbeach area
Reviewed July 12, 2017

I was so impressed with the service at this resort. I came with 8 people - family and significant others. Everyone was so inviting and accommodating. Joaquin and Alex (both servers) we loved so much!!! We stayed at the pool all day one day and we were just never empty handed. So attentive. It was a relaxed vacation and I felt like we could do what we wanted on the resort.

My complaints, however, no music at the pool. Booo. Wish they would change this policy. My other complaint is night life is a bit lacking. It sort of feels like when the bars close at 10, that's it. It's like now what? So we were in bed early every night.

Otherwise, I think the resort was great!!!!

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
RODOLFO C, Director of Operations at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for writing such a detailed review! I truly appreciate you have shared your experience with all trip advisor readers.
At Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa we are very dedicated to providing with the best service by creating unique and unforgettable experience and I feel very happy to know you were able to enjoy all this moments.

Thank you for giving us your feedback, it helps us to improve with services we offer.
Hope we have another opportunity to have you back in a short time, it will be a pleasure to be your host once again.

Cordially yours,

Reviewed July 11, 2017

Even though this is an older resort, the grounds are beautiful kept, the service and staff are outstanding and they took great care of us for the week. The weather gave us a little bit of everything and included hot sun, clouds and a crazy thunder and lightning storm. We would definitely return if we travel back to Puerto Vallarta.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Lisa,

Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa is well known for the incredible service our staff provides to all of our guests and I feel very happy to learn that you could experience the pampering and great service from all.

Thank you so much for your preference, we will be very glad to have you back real soon in the beautiful paradise of Banderas Bay.

See you soon!!

Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

Vacation at the Villa del Palmar during the 4th of July week. We had some pros and cons but overall it was an average stay. The spa was nice but expensive, next time I'll spend a little more for a nicer hotel.

*Cons
-Charged $25 per day per person added to room, if I had known we would have booked somewhere nicer and newer.
-Outdated rooms even though they tried to renovate bathrooms.
-Beware of the "sharks" the people trying to hound you during check in to a timeshare presentation.
-Beach is small and water is not pretty it is as murky and brown when we were there.
-Food is super expensive, especially at the breakfast buffet with outdoor eating which attracted flies.
-Pool area near the older side is terrible.

*Pros
-Good deal from Groupon but it didn't mention the charges for additional people.
-Main pool was okay even though it was overcrowded.
-The small store and deli is the only affordable place to eat if your not all inclusive. Lucky there is a park grill across the street like food trucks they are good, affordable and clean.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Kweeny26
Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

We were at this resort from 7/3/2017 to 7/10/17 I must say we had a great time good clean room accommodating and awesome staff
Carlos at the front desk and Claudia which I believe is the executive housekeeper are two of the most outstanding employees that I came across in this trip they are great and such an asset to this property
We will go back

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Jahangir,

I feel very pleased to know Carlos and Claudia provided you with an exceptional service and went beyond your expectations. It will be a pleasure for me to pass along your kind and lovely words to them, they will really appreciate your post.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review and sharing your memories with all the trip advisor readers and for choosing our location to spend your vacation.

All Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa staff look forward to hosting you in the near future; please do not hesitate to contact us for any pre arrival arrangement, we will be more than glad to assist you.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed July 10, 2017

the property is nice, if your looking for new and shiny, don't stay here!! The grounds are super well kept. But you can see the age in the building and floors itself.

We had some sort of leak in our room on our third night, never did find where the water was coming from.

Food was good. I wish there was more. Really there is only one place to eat but its two restaurants within. So your still going to the same place for all your meals. There was another restaurant with burgers and fried foods. We did go there and ended up sick!!

Best part of this trip was lying by the pool. Two men stuck out in great service. Jorge Rayon who is a pool and beach waiter. He was wonderful. Had our cups full the entire time. The second worked at the italian restaurant. His name is Manuel and he got us hammered two nights in a row!!!

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple