“Nice resort with great people!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa

Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #22 of 126 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Nice resort with great people!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

After touring the Villa Del Palmar resort in Cancun, my husband and I decided to use our timeshare to trade into this resort. While this is a nice resort, it is nothing like the luxury of the other resort, so I was a bit disappointed. In the first room we were assigned, the foldout couch was not even usable. It was uneven and hard on one side, soft on the other. When I went to the front desk to inquire about a solution, they were awesome. The young lady gave me a choice between changing rooms or having a whole new foldout couch delivered. We chose to change rooms and they let us look at the rooms and the bed before we chose a new one! Great service! I would recommend asking for a renovated room if you stay here. The renovated rooms have murphy beds with a real mattresses. The rooms are a bit old, but beautifully maintained and meticulously clean. The pool area is beautiful and also well maintained. All staff were friendly and responsive to requests. The location is close to the downtown, or centro, area, which is great for food choices and shopping without a long taxi drive. I would stay here again, even if it wasn't as luxurious as I anticipated.

Room Tip: Request a newly renovated room, specifically one with two bathrooms if you are more than a party of...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (561)
San Juan Bautista, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I give Villa del Palmar two big thumbs up. First, I have to brag about the reception Manager Alan Morelos. He is the reason why I keep returning. This gentleman is first class all the way. He makes sure you say it the best and goes above and beyond. I see him moving up in management because of his FIRST CLASS service. Each year, I only allow Alan to handle my check-in. This year my wife and I were celebrating our 10 year anniversary. He had our room made into a honeymoon style with a touch of elegance. Guys let him know Mr. Flores recommended you. During our stay, my wife was surprised with an unexpected dessert with the chocolate lettering saying Happy Anniversary. He set up reservations at the Vista Grill restaurant which was a great recommendation. Visit vistagill.com and see the AWSOME views. Make reservations for 8 or 8:30pm in order to see the sunset. You will score big with the wife or girlfriend guys. The water slide is a huge hit for the children and us big children too. .. Overall all staff is very welcoming from the bell boy Miguel, to Maggy in the Spa. In deed I do have to say Villa del Palmar is my SECOND HOME. Because of Alan's wonderful service, we keep coming back. My cousin is making plans to join us next year.I will see you again next you Alan. The Flores Family :-)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Jose F
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The resort is lovely with multiple well appointed pools, jacuzzis and restaurants. The place is extremely well run. A perfect getaway for us, as we were looking for a place to completely relax in and not even have to leave the resort unless we chose to.

Claudia at the front desk was absolutely wonderful! We were able to upgrade to a nicer room and she even very pleasantly surprised us with decorating our room for our anniversary celebration.

We definitely plan to return. We felt safe with the ease of taking taxis from the airport and from the resort into town; and, thoroughly enjoyed a wonderful week at this charming resort.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chickclickfun
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The food, the accomodations, the view, the staff all amazing. Ocean view, peaceful ambience, outstanding spa, and medical service on site. Extremely clean and quiet, lots of activities, cultural events. Children have a blast at this place and are entertained all the way up to the wee hours. Swimming pools are cleanest in the world, a variety of restaurants to choose from, and bestest customer service. I can't say enough about it, and I did not want to leave this place. I have been traveling for over 20 years and this place took the trophy. The best part is almost 90 percent of the staff speaks English!!!!!!! Try their shrimp and lime ceviche OUTSTANDING, ask them for avocado with it.

Room Tip: all rooms are ocean view, but let them know you are bringing children so that you land a room on the...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MATEO B
Orlando
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We arrived for our Honeymoon on Saturday and by Tuesday noticed several red itchy bumps. Wednesday morning I found (see photo) this little guy in my bed. I know this is a bed bug and know these things happen, especially at a place of international travel. We reported it immediately and Alan at Guest Services was very polite and understanding. He lied and said these things never happen here, read prior reviews, but was certain we would be taken care of. We had our first excursion today which was hard to enjoy with this on our minds. We returned early and they moved us to a different room, sent their "bug expert" who I almost believed until he told me he FLIPPED THE MATTRESS AND EVERYTHING IS BETTER. At this point I almost lost it. We moved rooms and they now have all if our laundry washing it. I know extreme heat or cold can only kill these guys. We were safe to keep our luggage on carts/chairs away from the bed.

Let me preface this with our stay here had been exceptional. Yes, it's an older resort but full of beautiful character. The staff had been impeccable. Eroy in the Italian restaurant is wonderful!! Joaquin at El Patron is fabulous! Omar the bartender will not disappoint you. Overall everyone was wonderful. Food & Drinks are delicious. The grounds are taken care of with great pride and our room service was fabulous, too. Location & views... Excellent.

I'm not one to complain. But how dare someone try to make us feel as though it's our fault, or we brought the bug in with us!?! Yes, they moved our room on our last night here. Yes, they are washing (does nothing but peace of mind) our clothes, but they've offered us nothing nor taken responsibility for putting a big damper on our honeymoon.

We are currently awaiting a phone call from someone to see what can be done. At this point if advise you to spend carefully, select carefully, it's not only about the service staff as they are wonderful, but about management and customer service.

#sadinpvr

• 4 of 5 stars
8 Thank OrlandoCoupleontheGo
Richmond
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The staff is amazing, the food is excellent and the rooms are clean. I had a wonderful time and would go back again. The room we stayed in had a balcony over looking the pool and a kitchenette. The staff in the restraunts took the time to get to know us and made us feel at home. The food was fresh and flavourful. The rest of the staff( front counter and cleaning) was just as nice. This resort is walking distance to the city center and a short cab ride to Walmart. We weren't hassled by time share sales people or other sales people. All in all it was a very peaceful vacation. Once again, I would go back.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Pyaari
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The overall experience was very relaxing, the food was excellent, the staff was very friendly, and the accommodations were very nice. The location of the resort was exceptional, close to shopping, dining and Puerto Vallarta's night life.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a partial view of the beach. The closer to the beach the better the view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Gary B