We stayed here June 7-21, 2014 in a studio unit (king bed, limited kitchen). The kitchen had a small refrigerator, cooktop, microwave, toaster, blender and various cooking utensils. We mostly just made breakfast and lunch and then ate in restaurants for dinner. It was a good sized room for 2 people. We did have a problem with the AC unit plugging up and leaking water into the bathroom which then ran out into the hall and closet. The maintenance came right away and fixed it. There are 2 pools, one of which sits right on the beach. There isn't much surf to speak of as it is in the Bay of Banderas. As we were there in the "rainy season", much of the time the water looked to be quite silty due to the runoff from the rain in the surrounding mountains. The ride to/from the airport is only about 10 minutes. If you take a taxi from the airport, they have a set charge of $21 US. When you return to the airport from the hotel, the charge is $100 pesos... quite a difference, but they sort of have you over a barrel at the airport. We walked into town (Centro) once and it took about 40 minutes at a leisurely pace. The taxi only cost $65 pesos to get there and about 5 minutes. The restaurant El Patron was excellent! Be sure to take advantage of the local lunch table set up on the beach just to the right as you leave the property... They are set up to serve the beach vendors but will also sell to anyone. The price is ridiculously low and the food is amazing! We had a fish fillet (my husband said it was wonderful) and a chile rellano (incredible) for about $10.75.
We have a timeshare and used the Getaways to stay here so the cost was very low - about $220 per week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the soft sands of Banderas Bay is Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta, an enchanting family resort that combines charming Mexican tradition with upscale sophistication and modernity. The magical resort, situated close to the center of downtown Puerto Vallarta, offers a unique vacation experience that will have you falling in love with the stunning beachfront destination. Boasting two freeform pools, three delicious culinary options and a state-of-the-art spa, Villa del Palmar is everything you need for a fun-filled vacation and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Hotel Del Palmar Beach
- Villa Del Palmar Puerto Vallarta
- Resort Del Palmar Beach
- Puerto Vallarta Villa Del Palmar