“We love this resort!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 126 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Juneau, Alaska, United States
“We love this resort!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We keep coming back year after year! We are treated like the most important guests they have ever had. We love that staff remember us and greet us by name. This past week (it is October 20, 2013) Ricardo has given us personalized excellent service by the quiet pool. We sure appreciate him!

Room Tip: We love the all inclusive package and the super friendly staff!! Ricardo by the quiet pool has take...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Miriam J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (561)
Sweet Home, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Coming to this hotel is like coming home to family. Everyone here -- check in staff, servers, gardeners, bartenders, maid staff -- are always so friendly, polite and nice. Everyone remembers your name. We love our pool server Ricardo! So friendly, fast, always remembers your name and drink preferences. He is the BEST! I always want to come back to this place!

Room Tip: Any room is good ... access to 3 pools and the beach!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank SusanCopple
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Classic resort - very well maintained - labor intense from the Bellman up there is an effort to make your stay a pleasurable one Ivan and Luis took great care of our needs and we were a large (15) group with senior citizens who needed a little help in n' out of cabs and such - they were great. Pool area is alive with activity and the grounds are impeccable. View is to die for. .... And at a good cost. Great for folks who want to be treated right . . . but don't demand their behinds be kissed.

Will be back in March for another week.

Time share/activites folks were no worse than anywhere else. Beach was fantastic.

Room Tip: we were dead center/middle of pool - looking straight out at sea - request a room with a view - also...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank desicortez2013
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Many thanks to social staff Kayla and Becca for creating a fun environment around the pool. They are full of energy and it is contagious! They are great dancers and excellent organizers. The pool temperature was perfect. There were lots of comfy lounge chairs. All in all - great day in the sun!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Pattytheclown
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

My daughter and I were there in September. The room was very clean, the staff were extremely helpful. We enjoyed our stay very much. Antonio, Pablo, & Javier were exceptional. The productions were fun. It's not far downtown and riding the buses gives a real flavor to travel.

The only suggestion I would make to the Hotel is to allow the guests to be picked up at the Hotel for the various activities and tours available instead of having to work out transportation. Yet - I would come back again!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank 339gorgegirl
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed a week back in February 2013, I go to Mexico yearly & this was my first stay at Villa del Palmar. I tried doing a review right away while I was still there, but for reasons beyond my control review did not publish. I was a little nervous setting my trip for this resort, I had seen numerous reviews on here about how the resort was run down, old & outdated. I did not find any of these things. I will say if you are looking for sleek, shiny modern architecture this is not the place for you. If you are looking for classic, clean, friendly & relaxing Mexico it is perfect. I stayed in a 1 bedroom timeshare unit- it had everything I could possibly need. The bathroom was clean! The kitchen had all the appliances you would need for the week, all the dishes you would need. Living room was large enough with plenty of comfortable furniture. Bedroom had a king size bed that was very comfy & enough pillows that a few had to get put on floor to be comfortable. The maid staff was very friendly & accommodating! I did not eat in any of the restaurants, due to supplying my own food & beverage. There is a great market about 1 1/2 blocks down street where you can get anything you would possibly need. It was such a great experience that I started making plans for my return as soon as I got home. So I will be returning in February 2014. If I had to make any changes to the property the suggestions I would make would be to 1. Put another BBQ area closer to beach area so that people staying in the more beach front condo's don't have to walk thru the entire area with their cooked food. (I love to grill, but with my stay in building 4 I wasn't going to walk thru entire pool area with my cooked food) & 2 possibly put a power supply strip in kitchen electric outlet. Kitchen & livingroom only have a single electric outlet. So in kitchen you have to keep swapping power cords, ex. pull in coffee pot, unplug microwave- unplug microwave to plug in blender. Neither of these items would make me even think twice about not coming back to the Villa del Palmar! I'm already counting down the days!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Christi2401
Crown Point, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Our overall experience with the hotel was very good. The grounds and pools were beautiful. Our room was very clean but could use some updates. Beds were very comfortable. The couch in our living room wasn't very comfortable but we didn't spend much time in the room anyway. The waiters were all great but if you want an exceptional waiter be sure to look up Javiar. He went above and beyond for us on more than one occasion. After a day of charter fishing we brought back some of the Tuna that we had caught and Javiar took it to the chef in the hotel and had him prepare us an exceptional meal. He even set up a romantic table on the beach, complete with table cloths and linens. Absolutely amazing. We were the talk of the hotel. Thank you again Javiar. And another thank you to Carlos who helped us to organize the activities we did while staying there. We had a wonderful time. The only down side to our stay other than having to leave much too soon was the timeshare people. They just don't want to take "No Thank You" for an answer. We just learned to keep walking and not stop to talk to them. We had a wonderful time and if we ever go back to Puerto Vallarta we would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple