“I still Love Villa del Palmar, PV.”

Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #23 of 124 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“I still Love Villa del Palmar, PV.”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I returned to Villa del Palmar in October 2012. All is as I remembered from my visit there in March of 2012. I this time ate at the resturants at the resort more and found all the food wonderful and in large portions and reasonable prices. The staff was all wonderful all around from desk check in, pool waiters, resturant waiters, tour staff. I give my highest reguards to all that I encountered while there. The 3 pools remain beautiful as do the gounds. This time I booked a two bedroom villa and it was huge. 3 full bathrooms and a washer and dryer and a full kitchen and two balconys overlooking the pool. We went on 4 tours. The Rhythms of the night which is wonderful, the city tour which was so fun and saw so much that I had not seen the last time there, then the Botanical Gardens tour. Just beautiful. Manny was our driver for those last two mentioned and he is a Gem. We were lucky enough to go in a smaller van with him on those two tours so he was able to take us to places that the larger buses were not able to go. What a joy both days were... We also went on the Pirates of the Bay Dinner cruise and just laughted the whole time. Was wonderful to be picked up and dropped off right at the Villa. Catching a bus to go downtown or to the marina or to Walmart to shop is just outside... You can also go a few blocks to the south and cross the street and there is a grocery store there. All is maked in pacos but that is half the fun to figure out the price if you are new at this!!! LOL. There is also a fine smaller market on the grounds. Taxis are always available. We also visited the spa onsite again and had the Hot Stone Massage done. Just as wonderful as last time. It is a spiritual and mystical experiance... I have had this massage at other places and none compare. Highly recommend to all!!!!! Cara did mine!!! Just so you know!!! Ask for her... My friend had the same done with someone else and had the same results though, so I am guessing they all have the magic in their touch!!! The last week in October is still very warm even at night. You can swim late and be comfortable. I guess the weather changes a week or so later. Most scary thing in PV is running through the airport to get past all the timeshare people. This time we just walked right though and got a taxi outside. Was the same price I had seen online for taxis as they are regulated to the different zones. The first time there I had booked a company on line to pick us up and never found the person so paid way more and still went in the taxi that was there with my voucher from the company. Wasted at least $10 dollars doing that. I wrote to the company upon my return home and never heard back from them.. LOL... This trip I noticed that riding the bus is less scary as they seem to have slowed down while driving and give you more time to get to your seat before they start up. That was VERY nice. If you go to the marina for tours and return later at night I would suggest taking a taxi back and a bus there if you like the buses. Feels safer on return trip than waiting for a bus as they don't run so often later at night. Can get a white Van taxi outside the gate of marina, or can walk back up to the street and get a city taxi which is cheaper. Depends on what you want to spend. But all are really reasonable. Everyone works so hard there and long hours and gets paid so little. Tips are very important and greatly apraciated. I love PV and Villa del Palmar. Is a wonderful place to visit. Be good to them and they are good to you!!! Hola to all my friends there...... It was wonderful to see all your smiling faces upon my return. It does feel like coming HOME......!!!!! One word to the wise, I would not suggest going to the time share presentation at the Flamingos even if you do get the promise of 20% off. OMG, was the worst experiance I ever spent at one... and I have been to a few. YIKES!!!!! I was embarrased to have taken my friend there..... I guess I will just leave it at that. The first time I was at Villa del Palmar with a friend I just said NO we are not going to go and we were never bothered by anyone again related to it. I told my Friend Robin this time after we did go, that I guess I am a timeshare sales mans worst nightmare walking in there cuz I know how to use mine. And they didn't like it. Robin was interested when we went, but not when we left...... LOL.... At least that is all that I will print and what I will say about that......... Beware. But I should add that the Flamingos is Beautiful on the outside, pools and such, but the rooms for the average buyer are not all that special..... I like Villa del Palmar a lot better......!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank wannagooo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (688)
Ottawa, Illinois
Reviewed December 7, 2012

when we arrived, there was an issue with our room. it was immediately corrected by the gentleman at the front desk. the unit and the grounds were always spotless. there is a very nice main pool with a waterslide. also, i forgot some items at the resort which they had kept and we had them mailed. five stars. bill

Room Tip: facing the pool with the waterslide.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank 1ottawa1
Ontario
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Our fourth stay at VDP! Brought friends who are world travellers, and they were impressed too. Small enough to know the staff and feel at home, clean, big enough to have all the amenities, great location. Good for all ages, though when we were there, lots of seniors. Special shoutout to wait staff Carlos and Jaoquin, the concierge ladies, Sergio the water sport expert and the bellboys at the front...but overall, all the staff were great!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DharmamamaOntario
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed 2 weeks at Villa del Palmar in Puerto Vallarta as the location was close to town and within an easy walk of stores and a quick bus ride to the Marina, and Downtown Vallarta. The units are comfortable with good beds and pillows. The pools have 5 foot depths which allows for more swimming than just paddling about. There are lots of chairs and permanent thatch 'umbrellas' on the beach for guests during October but I would think it would get super crowded during peak season. Services are prompt and friendly. If you can NOT go to one of the presentations, you will enjoy your time more. There is going to be a rebuild of the next door Villa del Mar and, I believe part of Palmar - which should bring standards to a more current level. It is not luxurious, but certainly affordable and pleasant for the money. We use the kitchen facilities in the suites rather than the restaurants. We are owners at the Villa Group and have been staying in Puerto and Nuevo Vallarta for 6 years - but staying in several resorts each year.

Room Tip: Try not to book a studio as they are located in the inside corners of the buildings and your views a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AnneVDK
Poulsbo, Washington
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This was the second time I have stayed at Villa del Palmar since 2000. The rooms are comfortable, clean and have all the amenities needed. The partial kitchens have a microwave, refrigerator, stove top, coffee maker and basic dishes. The location is a short, inexpensive bus ride or a long walk from town. My only complaint is that check-in can take quite a while with long lines and the lobby is crawling with timeshare salespeople. If you don't want to spend 3 hours in a "45 minute" hard sell timeshare presentation, make it very clear that you are not interested in receiving whatever discounts they are offering and don't want to make an appointment. I haven't been roped into a timeshare presentation in years although I do own a timeshare. My advice is that if you are interested in purchasing a timeshare, go online and find the resort with the highest trading power and buy a timeshare from the owner. They are notoriously difficult to sell and you can pick up a membership for a fraction of what you would pay if you fall for a timeshare presentation. The only other complaint I have is that there is no icemaker available and you have to go to the bartender to get ice (for making margaritas in your room or for a cooler) and he's a bit stingy with it.

The beach in front of the hotel is great for swimming and the pool is great.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view room when you make your reservation. The rooms at the back side of the proper...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WA-Damore
Courtenay, Canada
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Our staying at Villa Del Palmar was awesome. WE arrived Oct. 6 left Nov.24
A special thank you To Minor, Sergio, Claudia,Allen, Miguel,(and all the bellboys)
Thanks to Aurora and all the girls,the activity staff are fantastic.
Halloween and Thanksgiving party, We had so much fun and the food was outstanding
looking forward to come back soon

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ilva L
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We've been going to PV for many years and due to proximity to friends, we started to stay at the Villa del Palmar about 10 year ago. I was impressed recently to see that they are constantly improving the facility, amenities and service and I now believe them to be on par with the best in PV. It is a lovely setting and upkeep is now fastidious (good because the facility is not brand new but is up-to-date) competing favorably with the significantly higher-priced hotels. We will continue to make it our "home" in PV (we love having the small kitchenettes in each room) -- and continue to benefit from the constant improvements. We love the fact that its location and setting are "real Mexico" unlike many resorts which could be anywhere! BTW-- they will try the "buy our condo" number on you like many locations around the world, but if you are not interested and politely refuse the offer, they'll back off right away!

Room Tip: We've had rooms all over and the only one we didn't really enjoy was the one behind the bar...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank TiaSara
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Vallarta
Los Arcos Suites
Los Arcos Suites
#24 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta
Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa
Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Reso...
#27 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta
Villa del Palmar Flamingos
Hotel Casa Dona Susana
Hotel Casa Dona Susana
#22 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta
Hacienda Buenaventura Hotel & Mexican Charm All Inclusive
Hacienda Buenaventura Hotel & Me...
#21 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta
Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Great Moments All Inclusive
Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Great...
#25 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta

Been to Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!