We just got back after a 4 night stay to celebrate our 4th anniversary. We purchased the Villa Del Palmar on Orbitz.com due to its price. We stayed for under $100 a night and got a $100 voucher for food from Orbitz. If you get that same deal, print off confirmation for supporting documentation. We did have to provide it but had no hassals when doing so.
The check in was good. We got our room early at 2 when check in is at 4. We did get asked to see the concierge and she share a few details and did ask for us to go on a presentation and we would get the Gold Card and the same $100 credit we already had. We declined and she was nice about it. Never approached by a time share again during our stay. Never felt we weren't valued as much as timeshare guests at this resort. Staff were excellent all around.
Our room was a studio suite on the ground floor of the buiding in the lobby. It was nice and the kitchen was well equipped. The only negative is we did have 2 full beds and the beds were hard.
The food and drink on the resort was ok and a bit high priced. We ate a lot off the resort at the Malecon. 55 cent bus ride or $4 taxi to downtown. Beers were $4 on the resort, but we did take aadvantage of the happy hour each evening and kept our fridge well stocked. The store on site was a bit high for groceries. There is a Gigante near by that would be a better option for food and beer. We stopped there once.
The beach was kind of small, but good. We had no problems with beach chairs. The swimming pools and hot tubs were also nice.
Overall, I think this was a good resort for the price. I think it would be ideal for families. Puerto Vallarta is great, and there are so many near by attractions. This was our 2nd time in PV, first time staying in the hotel zone. We definitley pefer it than Nuevo Vallarta due to the proximity to the Malecon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the soft sands of Banderas Bay is Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta, an enchanting family resort that combines charming Mexican tradition with upscale sophistication and modernity. The magical resort, situated close to the center of downtown Puerto Vallarta, offers a unique vacation experience that will have you falling in love with the stunning beachfront destination. Boasting two freeform pools, three delicious culinary options and a state-of-the-art spa, Villa del Palmar is everything you need for a fun-filled vacation and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Hotel Del Palmar Beach
- Villa Del Palmar Puerto Vallarta
- Resort Del Palmar Beach
- Puerto Vallarta Villa Del Palmar