My wife and I visited Velas Vallarta May 23-30 for our honeymoon. We both came in with high expectations after reading many reviews on TripAdvisor but we both came away extremely impressed.
The facilities are absolutely wonderful. The pools are beautiful and very clean, and the gardens throughout the property are just gorgeous. Iguanas and peacocks roam free and there were a couple of chicks with one of the female peacocks. Not only are they beautiful birds, but their calls make the place sound like a tropical jungle.
Service was impeccable throughout our week. Both restaurants on the property were wonderful. We found ourselves eating at La Ribiera for breakfast every morning because the food was great and the setting was awesome. It is impossible to beat starting your day enjoying a fabulous meal overlooking the pacific ocean.
The poolside service was absolutely AWESOME. Juan was absolutely the best, always keeping our drinks full and taking care of everything we needed. I can't imagine that it's even possible to have better service.
We went after the "busy season" which was perfect for us. Apparently during the busy season there are 10 times the number of visitors, which could make getting reservations more challenging.
It never rained the whole time we were there. Apparently it rains from late July through September (“rainy season”).
When you fly into PV, before you leave the airport you will have to go through a "resort sales" area. Just walk through the center and don't talk to anyone that isn't with Velas Vallarta.
Cab fare to the Zona Romantica area is about 80 pesos. US dollars are accepted most everywhere, but you definitely get a better "rate" when using pesos for the cabs.
My wife and I will definitely go back to Puerto Vallarta and we'll most definitely stay at Velas Vallarta.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come to Velas Vallarta, one of the most established resorts in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and find the tropical beachfront oasis you have been searching for. Relax and enjoy quality time with those you care about most as you enjoy the benefits of a true All-Inclusive resort. Absolutely everything is included- a spacious suite, gourmet a la carte meals, a full in-suite dining menu, our excellent Kids Club, nightly entertainment and everything in between.Take a break from building sand castles to enjoy some of the best hamburgers around during a leisurely lunch by the pool. Take a siesta after a day in the sun and freshen up for an elegant family dinner followed by a stroll through the gardens to enjoy the evening breeze. Sample a premium tequila and treat the kids to an extra dessert- it's all included and it's all high quality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, HotelsforEveryone, TravelClick, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Despegar.com, Expedia, Booking.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Velas Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Velas Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Velas Vallarta Suite Hotel
- Velas Vallarta Suite Puerto
- Velas Vallarta Resort
- Velas Vallarta Puerto
- Club Velas Vallarta
- Velas Vallarta Suite Resort