Velas Vallarta
$273
$269
$184
  • Breakfast included
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$307
$257
  • Beachfront
$231
$196
Bookit.com
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$423
$140
  • Pool
$156
$81
  • Breakfast included
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$129
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$242
$161
Casa Velas(Puerto Vallarta)
$500
$400
Official Hotel
3,910 results
All reviewsla riberaandrea restaurantaqua barroom servicebedroom suiteguest servicescasino nighttime sharemexican fiestabeautiful resortwater aerobicsall inclusive packageour waitercity tourpool sideping pongclose to the airport
Reviewed May 2, 2010

We booked our stay at Velas Vallarta based on the reviews from tripadvisor. The reviews and on line photos do not do justice to this amazing resort. The grounds, rooms, and staff are beyond exceptional! Jesus at the front desk started our stay by making sure we had the best available room for our stay. Alfonso by the pool waited on my husband and I, our 3 teenagers and our six year old like we were all royalty. Victor at the activities desk booked a scuba diving excursion for 3 in our group, making sure every detail was taken care of. A special mention has to go to Chef Tomas in Andreas restaurant. He was so personable and accomodating to my picky eater and my big eaters in the group. Every evening we returned to dinner at our reserved table and although there were other restaurants for dinner we never wanted to dine anywhere else. The food was delicious and always cooked to order. Overall this is the nicest resort we have stayed at in our travels which include several trips a year to many different beautiful areas. Velas Vallarta lives up to it's Gold Crown Resort rating and we will be ready for a return trip in the near future!

1  Thank KarenVegs
Reviewed May 2, 2010

This was my first trip to Puerto Vallarta, but I went with my mom and sister who go twice a year. I was amazed at the hotel and grounds. We were upgraded to the one bedroom deluxe that has two couches that turn in to beds and a king size bed in the bedroom. The room was clean, comfortable and very nice. Our maid, Elia was awesome, she even came in the evenings and made up the couches into beds for us.

We paid for the all inclusive, which was a great value. Sitting by the Pool, our waiter, Jacinto was exceptional. His english was great, which came in really handy since our spanish was not so great. He was always nice enough to help us learn new words and help us pronounce some words better. He was always ready with a smile, considerate, very nice and a joy to talk to every day.

In the evenings we ate at the steakhouse on the beach, our waiters, Jesus J, Pablo, Erasmo, Efren and Marcelino were great. They were outstanding waiters, always anticipating what we wanted before we knew we wanted it and were always there with a smile and happy to help.

Staff like Jesus and Jacinto made the experience more than relaxing, they made it fun. Its not often you get to go on vacation and have the hotel staff interact with you as though you are a friend and not a job to them. I think that is one of the best things about Velas, is the staff. While the grounds and rooms are beautiful, its that staff that really makes the experience one you will never forget, and one you want to return to.

I would without a doubt return, and am already planning on going back later this year. I was afraid when I agreed to go, that I would be bored or worse, worry about work while I was away. As a workaholic I am amazed to say, I did not for one moment think of work. It was too much fun. The wait staff, the grounds, the crazy range of music at the pool, the new people you meet, watching Christian lead water aerobics in the morning, was so much fun I was able to forget that work was waiting for me and for that alone, I would return.

Reviewed May 2, 2010

After 16 years of marriage, we had a "second honeymoon"!! What a romantic, laid back place to enjoy a week of relaxation. We enjoyed the pool/sun/fun during the day and were made to feel like royalty at every restrauant!! Beautiful landscaping and perfectly groomed - all the time!! Enjoyed the peacocks, cats and iguanas just roaming the grounds. I highly recommend this resort to anyone that wants a 1st class vacation!! Lots of nightlife to enjoy for younger folks, but we enjoyed just relaxing on our balcony and bedroom at night!! Made some great new friends at the pool!! Jacinto - Thanks for taking care of us so well at the pool - you're the BEST and keep that beautiful smile!! This was our first trip to Puerto Vallarta - and we'll go back to this place again and again!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2010

Once again our stay at Velas Vallarta was incredible. Jacinto at the Aqua Bar provided us exceptional service. The waiters at La Ribera noteably Rigo, Efren and Jesus Jimenez make every dining experience pleasurable.

Reviewed May 2, 2010

After numerous trips (sometimes twice a year) to the same hotel, we have made several friends among the staff. Everyone is friendly. These are the hardest working people I have ever been around. They will go out of their way to help you even if your request is out of their normal job duties.