My boyfriend and I stayed here the first week of July and it was awesome.
Our room: We had a room on the 8th floor with great views of the pools and ocean. The kitchen looks a little outdated, but we only used the fridge anyway. We had the all-inclusive so the fridge was restocked daily with 3 Tecate lights, 3 Dos Equis, 3 Pepsis, 3 iced teas, and milk. Snacks included cereals, chips, doritos, popcorn, super salty peanuts. Room itself was great: spacious, comfortable, quiet. The shower has a clothesline to hang wet bathing suits on too. The included free wifi is really slow, but you can pay for faster wifi.
Weather: The weather forecast showed 90% chance of thunderstorms every day so we almost canceled our trip, but glad we didn't. It rained about 20 minutes the first day we were there, but we were at the swim-up bar so who cares? Then it rained one other night from about 4-8 pm. We just sat on the balcony, had some drinks and chips, and watched the rain. Other than that it was definitely humid (not so bad by the water, but was rough for golf) and overcast most days, which was nice because we didn't have to worry about sunburn.
Pool: The hotel was 50% full because it's the slow/rainy season I guess so we had the pool with the waterfall to ourselves in the mornings to swim laps (it's doesn't have lane lines, but it's big enough across for laps). Pool was beautiful and clean and sometimes the iguanas would swim in it too.
Food: Food was delicious at both restaurants. Breakfast is basically the same at both. For dinners, we liked Andrea because the menu changes every night. Even though our hotel was half-empty we still had to make daily reservations for Andrea otherwise we'd be eating at 10 pm. If you forget to reserve a table you can get food to go though.
Bars: The hotel could really use another bar in the lobby. The swim-up bar closes at 7 and then you have to go to the restaurants for drinks. A lot of the nighttime entertainment is in the lobby, but if you want a drink you have to walk all the way to the restaurant by the beach. Pina coladas were my favorite and you can ask for double rum.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come to Velas Vallarta, one of the most established resorts in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and find the tropical beachfront oasis you have been searching for. Relax and enjoy quality time with those you care about most as you enjoy the benefits of a true All-Inclusive resort. Absolutely everything is included- a spacious suite, gourmet a la carte meals, a full in-suite dining menu, our excellent Kids Club, nightly entertainment and everything in between.Take a break from building sand castles to enjoy some of the best hamburgers around during a leisurely lunch by the pool. Take a siesta after a day in the sun and freshen up for an elegant family dinner followed by a stroll through the gardens to enjoy the evening breeze. Sample a premium tequila and treat the kids to an extra dessert- it's all included and it's all high quality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Velas Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Velas Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Velas Vallarta Suite Hotel
- Velas Vallarta Suite Puerto
- Velas Vallarta Resort
- Velas Vallarta Puerto
- Club Velas Vallarta
- Velas Vallarta Suite Resort