We had a wonderful family vacation at Velas Vallarta the third week of June! As others have stated, the property is older, but very well maintained. The grounds and gardens are truly beautiful. A new appreciation of mature trees and shade is gained when visiting a pool without that shade at 90+ degrees! We found there to be ample pool chairs at all times, and never had issues with chairs having been "saved."
Our check-in process was a bit difficult, but in fairness the difficulty was due to some special circumstances surrounding how the reservation was booked, not the fault of the front desk staff. They actually did all possible to be accommodating.
Our three bedroom, two bath unit was quite comfortable and very well appointed. Rita, our maid, did a fabulous job of dealing with four adults and two teenagers! All with a daily smile and kind greeting! Only two baths for six people, mostly female, was a juggling act, but Velas seems to have occupancy minimums for certain units, and a three bedroom, three bath requires a minimum occupancy of 7.
It is a great advantage to have free wifi throughout the property, but unfortunately, the reliability outside the lobby is hit or miss. Some days I could sit on the terrace and have super connectivity and an hour later no connection at all. The lobby seemed to be the most consistent.
We found the food and the service to be exceptional; including room service, which our grandchildren put to constant use. We thoroughly enjoyed the Mexican Fiesta evening, and thought the food to be very, very good even with the buffet style set-up. The "fellas" in our group went fishing and the fish they brought back was cooked to perfection. Each dining experience was very positive and the service always attentive.
We took advantage of the complimentary City and Shopping Tour. Unfortunately, there was more Shopping than City. However, this is in no way the fault of Velas Vallarta. The tour is handled by a tour operator, Tani Tours. Our particular tour was a bit disorganized. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable, but not familiar with the itinerary required by Velas. The stop at the market was great; an hour instead of 40 minutes would have been better, as it is adjacent to other shopping, as well. The jewelry store stop was crowded and there was really little opportunity to see "jewelry makers at work" as advertised. It was simply an opportunity for the store to sell to a captive audience. We really enjoyed the tequila tasting. No, it is not a tequila factory, but an outlet for a small family producer of tequila. However, the information and demonstration were well done. There was no pressure at all to purchase tequila. The lunch stop in Mismaloya, at 3:30PM, was way too late and the venue was not good. The restaurant was not prepared for our group, prices were extremely high, and although the staff tried, service was slow. The drained pool in the middle of the dining area with trash and insects was not a good setting for food. There are many excellent food vendors in the old town area of Puerto Vallarta that would have provided a much more positive lunch experience. Perhaps, Velas should review the itinerary and make suggestions to the tour operator, as this tour is not up to the standards of Velas properties.
We would like to respectfully suggest that Velas Vallarta consider adding some non-motorized water sports equipment, such as boogie boards and kayaks, for the use of guests. The water and beach are super, and the availability of toys would be welcomed.
Velas Vallarta is an excellent choice for a family vacation. The location is excellent; near the airport, marina, and easy access to the downtown and old Vallarta area. Staff is marvelous, management is accessible and concerned that guests are comfortable. Thank you for your hospitality!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come to Velas Vallarta, one of the most established resorts in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and find the tropical beachfront oasis you have been searching for. Relax and enjoy quality time with those you care about most as you enjoy the benefits of a true All-Inclusive resort. Absolutely everything is included- a spacious suite, gourmet a la carte meals, a full in-suite dining menu, our excellent Kids Club, nightly entertainment and everything in between.Take a break from building sand castles to enjoy some of the best hamburgers around during a leisurely lunch by the pool. Take a siesta after a day in the sun and freshen up for an elegant family dinner followed by a stroll through the gardens to enjoy the evening breeze. Sample a premium tequila and treat the kids to an extra dessert- it's all included and it's all high quality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, TravelClick, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsClick, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Velas Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Velas Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Velas Vallarta Suite Hotel
- Velas Vallarta Suite Puerto
- Velas Vallarta Resort
- Velas Vallarta Puerto
- Club Velas Vallarta
- Velas Vallarta Suite Resort