“Another perfect stay!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reno, Nevada
“Another perfect stay!”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Just returned from another stay! We love being welcomed 'home' each time we arrive. The service is second to none, please take the time to get to know the staff! They truly want you to enjoy your time with them. Tino, Marcelino and Miguel are always amazing! I still miss Geraldine's special touches but everyone at the resort ensures your happiness! Dinners were fabulous and there's nothing better than waking up in paradise each day. Can't wait to visit again in June!
The wonderful ladies in the spa make the stay so enjoyable, don't miss the massage special on Saturday... Nothing more relaxing than a 90 minute massage listening to the ocean in the background.
If I could add... The resort is all inclusive, but please make sure you tip in some manner, the employees go out of their way to make your vacation spectacular and deserve recognition as well, they become friends.

• Stayed May 2014
ManagerVVPV, General Manager at Velas Vallarta, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you Sres. Phillips for your fine words on your very recent vacation with us. It really delights me to read that all facets of your stay were to your great satisfaction and that you cannot wait to return again in June. I know that the young men and women that you referred to will be very happy to see such a popular personality as yourself. And please do not hesitate to ask for me so as I can put a face to the kind words that you so graciously took the time to express. Thank you again Sres. Phillips and we look forward to seeing you again next month. Take care and good luck up there in Reno, Nevada.

langaritavv@velasresorts.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (897)
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I want to say the Hotel is beautiful, we got married there on April 28th all the guest love our wedding and they told us we choose a beautiful hotel, defenitily all my family and friends want to come back to Velas and of course we want to come back soon too, I recommended Velas to more people that I know here and they want to go! hopefully during summer, and Thank you so much to everybody who works at the hotel you guys are awesome! Let me know please if you guys have some good deals later that me and my wife can go! Love you Velas and thank you again:)

• Stayed April 2014
Juan, congratulations on your wedding and a big thank you for giving us the honor to host your very special event. In speaking with my wedding coordinator, she mentions that the displays, menus and settings were the perfect selection in order that everything flowed perfectly. Together with our options and your selections all went very well, culminating with some teary and emotional eyes as the ceremony was in progress. Juan, I wish to thank you also for recommending us to friends and it will be our goal to have them greatly satisfied just as you and your new wife were. It would also be my pleasure to be your host for your 1st anniversary so that you can relive the special moments that you all enjoyed this past April. Thank you again and we wish you all the best in the future. Congratulations!

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed May 9, 2014

This review is a bit late and our trips were taken in the month of November on 3 separate years for our anniversary . We have stayed in 2 and 3 bedroom units here which are very similar in layout. We've enjoyed each and every trip to this resort and have truly enjoyed this experience. On our first stay we were joined by another couple and were not disappointed in how we were greeted. We were given champagne and beer at check-in which was in a huge lobby with great views of the pool and ocean.

This resort is a bit older than what we've stayed in before, but nicely maintained and well appointed. The pool areas are maintained and the water is great with activities and music all day long. The activities at the pool are non stop and geared towards all age groups. If the music is too loud for you other areas are established for those wanting some peace and quiet. They offer a lazy river which connects the pools and water features.

Several large scale events take place for guests throughout the week to include poker and mini Vegas nights to Fiesta night which is a large show with lots of music and dancers. They offer top shelf spirits and decent food at the resort, but have a well kept secret about a nicer restaurant in a sister resort close by. This restaurant serves 4 course meals and has nicer food you might find in a 5 star restaurant. During each trip, we've gone to this restaurant on more than one visit, but it does require a reservation as it has limited tables.

The rooms are nice and beds are comfortable. In our 3 bedroom units, we have literally been able to walk through the grass from our large patio to the pool and beach. This was nice and allowed us to come and go from our back patio instead of walking around to the front door. The all inclusive is nice and decently priced if you don't want to worry about carrying money with you.

We would recommend this resort to those looking for a lot of fun. If you are looking for peace and quiet you can have that here too, but seemed like it was geared more towards the younger crowed during the day around the pool. The staff is very helpful and can provide you with information about the area. We rode bikes to the nearby marina and town. We parasailed off the beach, and experienced the zip lines a short drive away.

We recommend this resort and know you will enjoy your experiences at a reasonable price.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Robert S
Thank you for your continued loyalty and recommendation of our resort. Many of our clients are repeat guests of ours as their first visit turned into a friendship, thus creating a satisfying future for many couples and families. I am glad that you found our day and evening activities to be apt for many types of persons and that our facilities are “nicely maintained and well appointed”. The “well kept secret” of dining at our sister resort Casa Velas actually was not much of a secret anymore with so much success that we have seen over the years. Now to dine at Casa Velas one has to be residing at that boutique hotel in order to enjoy the benefits of their culinary selection. The demand from our guests grew to the point that it was not feasible anymore to handle so many requests and as you pointed out, only does have limited seating. I thank you for sharing your delightful insights on Velas Vallarta and I certainly wish to see you and the other couples that you invite enjoying the luxury and relaxation of our two and three bedroom suites. Take care and kind regards to Portland, Oregon.

Castle Rock, Colorado
Reviewed May 6, 2014

What a beautiful resort in a gorgeous place. Everything was first class form the rooms to the staff. We enjoyed every minute of our stay. The pool staff was especially friendly and attentive bringing us drinks and food with a smile - Jesus and Marcelino were great. The all inclusive option was so wonderful. Nothing to worry about all week. Whatever we wanted was at our feet. A truly relaxing vacation in a tropical paradise. The kids loved it, too! The atmosphere was very family friendly. We really enjoyed the activities each day as well as the Sunday evening fiesta. Great!

Room Tip: Higher rooms have great views of the whole coastline if you are facing downtown.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Kimberly W
ManagerVVPV, General Manager at Velas Vallarta, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you Kimberly for selecting Velas Vallarta for your family vacation. I am glad that you think of the resort as “gorgeous”. The visual pleasure, along with our attentive service were able to provide you “a truly relaxing vacation in a tropical paradise”. Jesus and Marcelino are to be commended for contributing to the great atmosphere that they provided for you and your family around the pool. I hope that we can have the privilege of hosting you in the future so that the kids can marvel at the activities and Mexican fiesta that they enjoyed so much. Thank you again Kimberly and fond greetings to Castle Rock, Colorado. Take care.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Let me start of at the beginning of our trip. We were checked in by Fidel and he offered us a courtesy upgrade, which worked out great for us. We had a nice room with plenty of space for my children. This was just the start of a great stay at the Velas. Each day offered us something new and different to see, eat and experience. The hotel had a very exotic feel with lots of plants to see, peacocks roaming around to feed during your meals, a koi pond with too many fish to count. The first day of our visit was during the Mexican cultural night. Lorena saw my mother in law moving and dancing. She then promptly started dancing with her, showing her some really nice Spanish dancing moves. The show was entertaining with dance and skits that involved the audience. Viva Pancho!
After the show we went to Andrea’s restaurant for dessert. I noticed the rows to tequila bottles and ask a few questions about what makes tequila good. Omar my new best friend came to the rescue. He very informatively gave me a guided tour and tasting of the tequilas in the bar. Included were details and explanations of the difference in the types and brands as well. Omar and the rest of the staff of the restaurant, bent over backwards to make sure all of needs during meals were taken care. I have to say during our next visit, I’m looking forward to spending more time with all of the staff from Melissa and Dulce (both of them are so sweet) our hostesses, to Candeliaro and Rueben our waiters and but most of all Omar. The hotel also offers a great event staff headed by Christian. This man works so hard to make sure you have a good time. I even had to ask him if he ever goes home after seeing him at 9:00 in the morning and still at the hotel at 10:00 pm getting ready for tours of the local night clubs for guests. His response “This is home.” His team of Andres, Marisol and Renata (watch out for her she’s a prankster. She will get you in TROUBLE, if you not watching) take you on walks to the marina, cooking lesson, tennis lessons, dance lesson and a lot of other activities.
The cooking lessons are directed by the lovely Yolanda. She is very caring and hands on in teach all that are willing to learn, we made pizza with her and decorated cupcakes during our visit. I also have to mention Juan the waiter would seem to be around at every place we ended up at as well. With our refreshing drink at a moment’s notice – at pool side – here’s your drink. In the lobby bar – here’s your drink. Amazing, almost as if he was assigned to make sure we got what we needed at any time.
We also did the water sports on property, went on the wave runner and para sailing. We also took a complimentary city tour. Great time once again. I would highly recommend this place. Our stay from beginning to end was simply fantastic. From check in to Donald our last contact to get us back to the airport everything was first class all the way.
I would like to thank everyone I mentioned and to the staff I didn't get to know personally. Our family had a wonderful stay with your family. We will absolutely be back to visit again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Ravi B
Thank you very much Sr. Ravi for your inspired reflections on your recent family vacation with us. To have created such a nice and unforgettable experience for your entire family is really what we set out to do. As a team, our 560 Velas employees have a goal in mind and that is to cater to your needs and to create a feeling of pleasing comfort while you are here. You mentioned that your family stayed with our family and what a great way to be considered. I will make sure that the staff members that you mentioned that helped to make a lasting impression on your visit will be notified of your kind comments and of your recognition toward them. Sr. Ravi, thank you again for your glowing comments and I hope that I can personally have the opportunity to explain and share with you the various tequilas of this region. All the best to you and the family in beautiful San Francisco, CA. Take care.

Centennial, Colorado
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

We travelled with two other couples and shared a three room suite. All the staff we worked with were friendly, attentive and went out of their way to assist. We left a very expensive camera on the van from the airport. It could have been a first day disaster but hotel staff was on the phone right away and our camera was returned within the hour. When my husband was ill for a day they offered medical attention if needed and the maids made sure he had clean bedding.

The resort itself is lovely. Everything is well cared for from the plants to the pools. There are numerous excursions to choose from; something for everyone.

The bedrooms were very comfortable and we had wonderful view from the balcony. I wish the living area furniture had been more comfortable and we were surprised that there wasn't a TV in the main room (our group likes to watch movies). However, when we asked about that someone delivered and set up a TV for us.

It was close to paradise!

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank coloradotreats
Thank you for sharing your kind words with everybody on TripAdvisor. The extraordinary things that we could do and provide exemplify the guest-friendly philosophy that is utilized here at Velas Vallarta for many years now. And just so you know; the suite type that you resided in is programmed to have televisions installed and mounted in the living area in order to provide even more comfort within the suites. I hope that you can make it back to our resort where you can continue to “spoil yourself” with the proactive and attentive service that you just recently experienced. Thank you again for your comments and a special hug to you and yours in Centennial, Colorado. Take care.

Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I went to Velas with two other ladies for a birthday....we had the most terrific time and loved everything about Velas. The hotel grounds are beautiful, very green and tropical and very well-kept. The room was great with comfy beds and the ocean view was good too! For being an all-inclusive package, the food and drinks were good. The drinks were good quality, had plenty of alcohol in them, and the alcohol wasn't the extremely cheap and gross stuff. What really stood out for me was the exceptional service! Everyone we met went out of their way to accommodate us from beginning to end, and whatever you asked for they made sure to get you--no was never an answer. All of the staff was smiley, friendly, and helpful! A special shoutout for exceptional service to waiters Yoni, Saul, and Juventino...you guys rock!! We did massages and pedicures--the massage was one of the best I have ever had!! We also rented a car and were taken to amazing locations for a day trip with the help of our awesome driver Rafael (you can find him on the beach in front of Velas). All in all, we had a fabulous time and cannot wait to come back....no complaints here!!!!

Room Tip: Room 3220 had a good ocean view from the bedroom and balcony.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Brett F
Thank you Brett and to the ladies for taking the time to share your nice comments with everyone here on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you pointed out the attentive and guest-friendly service that we are well known for. And now you also know that we are not a typical all-inclusive resort. The product selection that we provide is of a very high quality as we realize that the tourism market today is demanding quality for their investment and that is what we take into account and try to deliver on. From the food and beverage that you greatly enjoyed all the way to the massages and pedicures, we strive to satisfy our valued guests. Brett, I hope that you and the ladies can return soon someday so as Yoni, Saul and Juventino can continue their personalized and professional work ethic for you all. Thank you again and warm regards to Laguna Beach, California. Take care.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Vallarta
Casa Velas
Casa Velas
#2 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort ...
#8 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
#1 of 27 in Nuevo Vallarta
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta
#17 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & ...
#7 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta
The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta
The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto ...
#28 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta

Been to Velas Vallarta? Share your experiences!