“Velas Vallarta”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Montreal, Canada
“Velas Vallarta”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Beautiful and lush property, very well maintained and clean.All the staff are very friendly and helpful. We stayed on the 3rd floor in a 1 bedroom suite overlooking the pool and beach, if you have a choice try and get on the 4th or 5th floor to have a better view of the beach.If you like night life you will have to go into town as there is not much at the Hotel or surrounding area. The service at the pool is excellent always plenty of staff needless to say you are never lacking for a drink or food.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LisaPL2013
ManagerVVPV, General Manager at Velas Vallarta, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you Lisa for your fine words on your recent holiday with us. We very much make it a priority at the resort to maintain all areas impeccable because we know that our guests feel more comfortable when seeing the hard work that our cleaning department puts in day in and day out. Velas Vallarta is not too carnival like in the evenings, but we do have nightly shows, mariachi players and our lobby bar is open until 12 am. As you mentioned Lisa, for extended night life downtown is the place to be. It is only 10 – 15 minutes away and one can dance and socialize until the sun comes up. We are very proud of our staff’s efforts to make our valued guests happy and satisfied. They somewhat take you under their wing and do all they can to make your holiday a memorable one. Thank you again Lisa for your nice comments and we look forward to being your hosts again in the future. Take care and tout le meilleur a Montreal.

langaritavv@velasresorts.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (892)
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

We booked Club las Velas almost one year before our trip, we had only seen pictures on the Internet so we were expecting to be a real nice place, it was wonderful, much better than expected, what I like about club Las Velas is that you have your choice offood in 5 different restaurants, some are away, but they will take you there in the hotel van. Great place

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerVVPV, General Manager at Velas Vallarta, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Thank you very much Pedro for your belated comments. All are welcome and I hope that you return to see the improvements that we have done since last year to the resort. Hope to see you soon and please bring a good appetite. Take care and saludos to Boynton Beach, Florida.

Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed April 25, 2014

We travel to Velas Vallarta every year. While the maid/cleaning service has diminished immensely, we go for the pool and the service the wait staff gives. We miss Alonso so much at the pool. Juventino and Carlos are your absolutely best waiters! They remember every single year what we like to eat and drink. They care about their guests and are very genuine in every way.

Room Tip: Ground floor is good because it has very easy access to the pool, however it can be noisy at night s...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jeanette W
ManagerVVPV, General Manager at Velas Vallarta, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Thank you Jeanette for taking the time to share your observations and thank you also for bringing to my attention your concern on the cleaning of your suite. We will look very carefully into the process and make the necessary changes if they are deemed appropriate. Normally the housekeeping staff receives positive reviews for their valued labor in the cleaning and caring of our suites. I do apologize if we had let you down, but we will always look for ways to continually improve our product and service. I hope that next year Jeanette you see an improvement in that area and I will pass along your greetings to the pool staff. Take care and best regards to Littleton, Colorado.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

This is our third year coming to velas vallarta. the past two years we have stayed for two weeks . we come with our friends frank and kay ketelaar. the staff is second to none. this is one of the main reasons we return yearly. everything is always so clean. we are treated like royalty when in fact we are no better than that totally wonderful staff you have. Juan at Andreas is so good to us . what an asset he is to velas! the hostess caroline or dolce' i think her name is is such a sweetheart also. what a god job she does. i would also like to give our biggest thanks to Jacinto. he took care of us while at the pool. we look forward to seeing him whenever we come! we were never thirsty! he was always at our beck and call.great job velas! our flight was cancelled the day we had to leave and united put us up for the night at Secrets. a very nice resort. and all the four of us could say was "wish we were back at velas".your people and the beautiful surroundings are why we come back! keep doing what you are doing.you all areb such wonderful warm and GENUINE people!
Frank, Kay, Mary and Ted

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
ManagerVVPV, General Manager at Velas Vallarta, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you Ted for your special recognition of some of our stand-out employees. Perhaps they are better considered as friends as they have the pleasure of seeing you and your group these past two years. The cleanliness of the resort and the hospitality of the staff which you are familiar with are just two of the areas that helps us to maintain a loyal base of repeat guests. The consistency of our product and service really stand out and is what you have come to expect. Thank you Ted for your kind words and please pass along our special greetings to Mary, Kay and Frank. Take care and we will see you next year.

Simi Valley, California
Reviewed April 24, 2014

It was a little stressful checking in but Yazmin was spoke to her manager and was accommodating. I reserved my room through Luxury Link. It reads that 1 have a studio but with a complimentary upgrade to a 1BR. When I checked in, I was asked if I wanted an upgrade for a fee. I asked that if there are 1BR available then I shouldn't have to be asked for the additional fee, I showed the reservation and what was written. I just wanted to get my vacation started hoping to relax but after I had to say I make reviews on all my trips, I then was given the 1 BR without the charge. I wish I din't have to go through that but I know Yasmin was just doing her job. After the check in, we went to our room which was on the ground floor, hoping for an ocean view but I din't want to press on it. It was a really nice room. Close to Andrea's. The service was above and beyond. I really love the quick room service. Everyone greets you in the hallway, lobby, pool, beach, etc. These guys deserve tips so please give them tips when they serve you and they will remember you each time you come back to their service area. I hope next time we go back, I don't have to sit through their time share presentation. Although I did get a free 1 hr massage and a bottle of Tequilla. It will be a yearly Spring Break trip for me and my family. I will probably book it directly with Velas because they can match what you find online. I hope the service continue to be the same or better next time we come back. I guess it can't get any better. We missed the French Night at Andrea's. Thanks again to every service members at Velas. Thanks Charell at the spa for my massage and facial. The waiters at Andrea's, the best. La Ribera's restaurant, I think his name is Fred, thanks so much. Everyone at Velas, Thanks for making our vacation an amazing one. Our check out was the easiest and the VIP guest services are awesome too. Hasta la hue go next year..

Room Tip: Ground floor was great for our 8 year old, they have a patio with a gate.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank RoseB9
ManagerVVPV, General Manager at Velas Vallarta, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you Rose for sharing your lovely descriptions on your recent stay with us. I apologize for our receptionist not revising your reservation beforehand. Luxury Link clients certainly do have a free upgrade when booking through that exclusive agency, but she did not pick up on that until a few minutes later. I am glad that the suite was to your liking and that it was well located for easy and quick access to the restaurants and pool areas. The service as you experienced firsthand certainly is “above and beyond”. We are blessed here in this region to have a resource of very happy and friendly people and the benefit of that goes directly to our valued guests. Thank you also for recognizing certain team players such as Yazmin, Yarel in the spa, Frederico and the rest of the staff in Andreas and La Ribera restaurants. It pleases me immensely that you are planning to return next year and I believe that you have felt an easy confidence and comfort in Velas Vallarta to make you want to come back. So Rose, please feel free to introduce yourself and your family to me the next time as I consider it a privilege to host such fine people such as yourself. Thank you again and special greetings to Simi Valley, California. Take care.

langaritavv@velasvallarta.com
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 23, 2014

The service was amazing and the hotel was immaculate! If you sit by the pool- be sure to be in Marcelino or Eric's section- they were both fantastic- so friendly and attentive! We would definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Jennifer E
ManagerVVPV, General Manager at Velas Vallarta, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you Jennifer for posting your special note of thanks to Marcelino and Eric, both of whom provide service from our popular aqua bar. I am pleased that the pleasant attitudes of these gentlemen along with many others have helped in your decision to return some day. Thank you again Jennifer and all the best to you in sunny Los Angeles. Take care.

langaritavv@velasvallarta.com
Stratton, Colorado
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We recently returned from a friends and family trip to PVR. We love Velas Vallarta, it has a great location with easy access to the airport and within walking distance to the Little Marina, which has shopping and restaurants to enjoy an outing close to the resort with an Awesome view of the boats and yachts in the Little Marina,... while sipping a cool cerveza with lime and enjoying a hot queso and sausage dip with homemade corn or flour tortillas.

The Velas suites are huge and so comfortable! Some may say dated, I would say,... not dated, but clean and well kept with an authentic old Mexican feel ... We love the atmosphere, and the authentic feel and appreciate that it has kept to that theme and hasn't gotten so Contemporary and cold feeling like most newer resorts. These suites are always clean and well kept, as are the grounds and landscaping throughout the Resort. The workers and staff do such a great job in keeping up the Resort and are so respectful and friendly,... they always stop what they are doing to greet you and give up their walking space or elevator usage to guests... very impressive in this day and age!

I can't say enough about how wonderful the staff is at Velas, several have worked there for many years and whomever trains them, Hats off to you!!! Jaciento, or as we sometimes call him, "Dr J",... has been on the pool wait staff since we have been traveling to PVR for over 10 years and he is always superior in service and attentive to our needs and requests... He and newer staff that have been there 3 to 5 years are Erik and Jesus, who I think Jaciento must of trained, :) ... as they are following in his footsteps with their great service, friendliness, ... and so polite and interesting to visit with! You have to respect these workers for all they deal with day in and day out and still always attentive with a smile for you! I expect they probably walk 10 to 20 miles per day waiting on guests at the pool and oceanside. A suggestion: even though Velas is considered All-Inclusive, and they say that includes tips, those tips are spread out to all the workers throughout the resort, which is fine, ... but we still try to tip a little to all and are more generous to those that go out of their way to do that bit of extra to make our stays so wonderful and to show them our appreciation!

The Restaurant wait staff too is great at both Restaurants,... memorable this trip was the wonderful care from Rueben and Eric, & also Juan at Andrea's,... So want to thank and commend them also! Most all the staff is Great from Baggage and Check-in to the Maids, Landscapers, Tour staff, Guest and Spa services, Chefs and Waiters,... very well trained, but these guys stood out to us on this trip! We have stayed at the Grand Mayan in Nuevo and there is truly no comparison on how you are treated.... we had to get up and go ask for someone to come wait on us several times when staying at Grand Mayan and the Timeshare sales people there were ruthless. Will never stay over there again!

Be sure and book a massage out by the ocean in one of their tents set up on the dock levy, heavenly stuff, and so relaxing listening to the ocean waves. Velas may not be as fancy as one of those newer resorts, but it is so well kept and staffed, beautiful ocean views from every angle, the grounds are impeccable and the atmosphere truly Authentic and I hope it stays that way! With a couple of exceptions, would like to have a nice lounge bar in the Lobby area and a choice of Lobster added to their menu along with thicker, tender steaks in the Restaurants! :)

Thanks Velas and all your Staff, ... for another wonderful memorable vacation to PVR!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view of the ocean from the balconies, but any view from the rooms is bea...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your robust review on your first trip with us at Velas Vallarta. You certainly have an eye for detail that is to be commended and I thank you for sharing the service aspects that you witnessed. The gentlemen that you mention have not specifically been trained to be nice. That trait comes from within and we are blessed here in Puerto Vallarta as the people here are truly happy and genuine. We do have a guest-friendly philosophy that we adhere to because we know that if it was not for you and others the destination would not be as successful as it is now. We wish that our valued guests just like yourself return home with fond memories, new friendships and with a feeling of wanting to return someday in the future. The citizens of Puerto Vallarta and the 560 staff members of Velas Vallarta truly wish you great thanks for selecting us and we will do what it takes to make our guests satisfied. Thank you again for your kind observations and I hope that we can have the honor of hosting you and your friends in the future. Take care and fond greetings to Stratton, Colorado.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Vallarta
Casa Velas
Casa Velas
#2 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallar...
#9 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
#1 of 27 in Nuevo Vallarta
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta
#17 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & ...
#7 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta
The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto ...
#29 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta

Been to Velas Vallarta? Share your experiences!