We ended up at Velas Vallarta more by accident than by design! A friend had recommended a different hotel in the area and I had made a reservation there. 2 weeks before we were scheduled to go I checked TripAdvisor and read awful reviews. So I called the travel company to check what other resorts had availability and changed our reservation to the Velas, after checking TripAdvisor . I am so glad that I did.
This is a great resort; family friendly, clean and beautiful. We travelled with 2 of our children, one of whom is a teenager. The location is a 5 minute drive from the airport. it has a beach access and lovely grounds and pools.
We spent most days lounging by the pool. The children swam and played pool volleyball. There are table tennis tables in the pool area and my 10 year old had fun playing. The whole resort felt very safe and I was never concerned that the children went off on their own.
We ate most of our meals at Andrea's; every meal had great choices and delicious food. The service was good wherever we went in the resort. And our suite was immaculate, although we never saw the cleaning staff in the room. They were completely unintrusive. The beds were really comfortable too and we all slept very soundly.
There was plenty to do for every age group, in the resort and the entertainment organizer and DJ were tireless in their efforts to make everything fun. We did go to Las Caletas, which is gorgeous and well worth a visit. We also went zip lining at Eden.
Thanks to TripAdvisor I really felt as if we had the perfect vacation. If I hadn't read the reviews prior to travel we may have made an awful mistake. It is really worth sharing experiences on this website...good and bad!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come to Velas Vallarta, one of the most established resorts in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and find the tropical beachfront oasis you have been searching for. Relax and enjoy quality time with those you care about most as you enjoy the benefits of a true All-Inclusive resort. Absolutely everything is included- a spacious suite, gourmet a la carte meals, a full in-suite dining menu, our excellent Kids Club, nightly entertainment and everything in between.Take a break from building sand castles to enjoy some of the best hamburgers around during a leisurely lunch by the pool. Take a siesta after a day in the sun and freshen up for an elegant family dinner followed by a stroll through the gardens to enjoy the evening breeze. Sample a premium tequila and treat the kids to an extra dessert- it's all included and it's all high quality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelClick, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Vacatia, Cancelon, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Velas Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Velas Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Velas Vallarta Suite Hotel
- Velas Vallarta Suite Puerto
- Velas Vallarta Resort
- Velas Vallarta Puerto
- Club Velas Vallarta
- Velas Vallarta Suite Resort