I stayed at Velas Vallarta for a family vacation with my husband and two toddlers. The resort is not huge, which I liked because I was with small kids, but others may not. There are two restaurants, one is right on the water. The restaurants change their menu each night. I found the food to be good and pretty typical for an all inclusive. The staff at the hotel was always friendly and helpful. The catered to my two toddlers and often brought us special things we needed to eat, etc. The beach was clean and perfect. There are vendors, but I didn't find it overwhelming. The water is a bit rough at the beach, but fun for playing in waves. You can get a massage right on the beach in a hut, which was marvelous.
Kids Club: We couldn't use the kid club b/c one of my sons was too young, but they did have some activities we could do like a treasure hunt, little puppet plays outside, and face painting. You can also check out floats and sand toys at the kid club which I found AWESOME. My kids were so entertained getting to play with new floats every hour or two they were in heaven.
Location: The hotel is near the harbor and very close to the airport. This was great for us b/c my kids couldn't take much more after travel after the flight. The harbor was cute with restaurants and you can walk there in a few minutes. It felt safe and I jogged there daily with my kids. We tried to save money and buy extra sunscreen at the harbor, but it was just as pricey as the hotel. We did go to downtown Puerta Vallarta one night and werent overly impressed. It could have been we had two little kids though. I think Playa Del Carmen is much cuter and hip.
Rooms: The rooms were a bit dated but great b/c they come in different sizes. We had a one bedroom with a pull out couch for the kids and a huge balcony. Having a kitchen was great b/c we could have coffee in the morning while the kids had cereal and watch shows. The room service pizza was great and we ordered at least one a day and always had leftovers in the fridge to snack on.
Other: The grouds are beautiful with iguanas, peacocks and flowers everywhere. I felt for the amount we paid, it was a great deal and we had a great vacation. I can't comment on the entertainment b/c we never stayed up that late.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come to Velas Vallarta, one of the most established resorts in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and find the tropical beachfront oasis you have been searching for. Relax and enjoy quality time with those you care about most as you enjoy the benefits of a true All-Inclusive resort. Absolutely everything is included- a spacious suite, gourmet a la carte meals, a full in-suite dining menu, our excellent Kids Club, nightly entertainment and everything in between.Take a break from building sand castles to enjoy some of the best hamburgers around during a leisurely lunch by the pool. Take a siesta after a day in the sun and freshen up for an elegant family dinner followed by a stroll through the gardens to enjoy the evening breeze. Sample a premium tequila and treat the kids to an extra dessert- it's all included and it's all high quality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, HotelsClick, Despegar.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Velas Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Velas Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Velas Vallarta Suite Hotel
- Velas Vallarta Suite Puerto
- Velas Vallarta Resort
- Velas Vallarta Puerto
- Club Velas Vallarta
- Velas Vallarta Suite Resort