Stayed at Velas for a second time over the Presidents Day week (Feb-19-26) with my wife and two kids (age 8 and 6). Booked a two bedroom suite, with the all inclusive option in advance that provided round trip transfers from the airport.
Upon Check in were notified they were completely over booked with 2 bedroom suites, but was pleased to be notified they had upgraded us to a 3 bedroom suite on the 5th floor of building 4.
ALL OF THE OTHER reviews are pretty accurate, so I will try not to be redundant. You can also read my previous reviews as it still is accurate. I highly recommend this property, but there are some obvious areas to consider when choosing a resort property....So here are few things to keep in mind if you are considering coming to Velas.
#1. It is very close the airport. Yes You hear planes take off throughout the day, but didn't bother us. If you don't want to hear airplane noise, don't stay here. My son and I enjoyed watching the planes take off and land. It was fun to walk down the beach and literally stand right under them. Very cool for a n 8 year old boy.
#2, The hotel varies in its client base. Over school vacation time you are going to see "lots of kids" . The rest of the time its pretty older adult driven. This is not a place for young adults to come to "party" all night, although I suppose you could do that....If you are looking for a happening night life at the resort itself, don't stay here...If you want to stay at a place without kids, don't stay here....It's a family resort and perfect for our needs. My Kids enjoyed the KIDS club and its varying choices through out the day.
#3. The Staff.....Our experiences with the staff were amazing. Our favorite, just as last time was TINO from the pool/beach server staff. He is the reason we came back to this resort. Completely goes over board to please his area. He has a connection with folks and works hard to make sure we have what we need "ALL DAY". My family has had the great fortune of getting to know this fine man. He works hard and wants to make sure all of your needs are met. If you come, please stay in TINO's section, you will not be disappointed. Tino we will be back soon! Other staff to note that did a great job was "Jesus" in the steak house and staff Security worker "Freddy"...both were excellent!
#4. The rooms vary, but are fine. It is an older property and yes it could use a bit of an upgrade inside (Flat screen TV's, etc)...but how much time do you spend in your room? The rooms are fine and we enjoyed them. Yes the studio units are on the back side of the resort and don't face the pool...but remember, you get what you pay for....If you don't want a smaller room, pay more to get a room with a view and a balcony. We loved being on the 5th floor with a great view...Ground floor units have quick access to the pool, also a bonus.
#5. Time Share people are in the lobby and want to talk to you. This trip we were not asked one time if we were interested..not even a phone call after check for us to schedule an "orientation" regarding the resort which they did on our first visit. Biggest word of advise, if you are not interested just say NO....and they will respect that..however, if you subject yourself to the actual presentation, then you set yourself up for that. We all know how those things work.....
#6. Food- The food is great...NO COMPLAINTS. You can find variety but you need to be pro-active..That is call at 7 am to make reservations at the nice restaurant. We enjoy the steak house and sitting with a view of the ocean and it was great for my kids.
All in all, this place is awesome....The grounds, the pools, the beach, the service all over the top! Can't wait to come back for a third time....This property will be in our Rotation. LOVE VELAS and LOVE TINO!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Velas Vallarta, from the award winning Velas Group, boasts a 10-acre beachfront location with views of the Sierra Madre Mountains in the distance. Located in the Marina Vallarta, one of the most exclusive areas of Vallarta-Nayarit, the resort is also just a few steps away from an 18-hole championship golf course. The center of activity is a lush tropical garden courtyard with three sparkling swimming pools, a cascading waterfall, swim-up bar and even a resident iguana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, TravelClick, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Velas Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Velas Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Velas Vallarta Suite Hotel
- Velas Vallarta Suite Puerto
- Velas Vallarta Resort
- Velas Vallarta Puerto
- Club Velas Vallarta
- Velas Vallarta Suite Resort