“Favorite Vallarta Destination”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Cleveland, Ohio
“Favorite Vallarta Destination”
Reviewed June 8, 2011

I try to stay as long as possible, Staff is friendly, professional, and stable.
I have stayed there Many times, I enjoy seeing the same friendly faces.
Views are terrific, food very good, service-- excellent.
All the waiters at Andrea are excellent, as are the hostesses, Brenda, Paulina. You really cannot go wrong at Andrea, but Julio is the guy who waits on me most professionally most often. Ivan, Carlos, all excellent.
Location near the Marina .8 mile, is what I like as well.
Kitchens are full size with large fridge, normal service to the room is two times daily.

Room Tip: Call the manager, he speaks Canadian. ;-)
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (892)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed June 8, 2011

I have been to Puerto Vallarta more than a dozen times staying at different resorts offered there. The Velas Vallarta has in my opinion gone above and beyond compared to many, many resorts in Puerto Vallarta. They do many things that other resorts do, they just do them better! The grounds are lovely. The rooms are a bit older but nice. The food I would rate as excellent bar none compared to other PV resorts. We did experience a few problems with the resort that corrected would make this the BEST place to stay in PV! They did not have our reservation correct and we waited many hours to be given a room. We had a health and safety concern that one of the employees at the resort decided to handle without getting permission. He diligently hunted us down at poolside and chewed us out over it publicly. He was angry and rude. We were totally taken aback! We called customer service and it was immediately handled by a manager with many repeated apologizes. I felt bad for him being put into this situation by one of his employees. I give the manager credit. He was kind, helpful and very professional. He did what he could to repair the situation. Very admirable in my mind. But it totally ruined our stay. We were never comfortable on the grounds again and left every day till our visit ended. Our other problem was our bed was infested with no see ums that covered our necks and backs with new bites each night. We of course did what we could to alleviate the problem. On returning home we had to fumigate everything we had taken with us, as no see ums and their eggs can live on you and your belongings and can infest your home.

Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank ladywp
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 6, 2011

if your looking for a relaxing vacation with superior service,location,and quality...LOOK NO FURTHER!!! i cant say enough about the service from the staff,so friendly,helpful,and really just nice people. we got great service from EVERYONE but our favorite server (and i'm gonna misspell his name i'm sure) was "marelino" in the aqua bar. we spent a lot of time just sitting in the pool and never had to leave the pool (other then a few quick bathroom breaks) for any food or beverage and if we wanted something that was inside the restaurants the servers would get it for us poolside. the valet guys were great and got us taxi service within a minute,every time!!! it was about a 5 mile ride to downtown and $7.00 u.s.d. and even less from the airport. all rooms have great views and are very clean and cozy, not to mention the beds are very very comfortable and pillows are amazing!!! the restaurants are great (guys must wear collared shirts,pants,and no open toe shoes,so pack them for sure) and again service was great there and food was well prepared (the menu changes daily so you never get board of what you eating) THE ONLY THING I DIDNT LIKE was the prices at the little convenience store, i felt it unnecessary to over charge the guests for items when your paying the prices to stay at the resort in the first place....but there is a Walmart just down the street so not that big of a deal. last but not least, these employees work for for typical wages for the area and tipping them is so helpful to their lifestyles,i know this is an all inclusive resort but a dollar a drink and a few extra dollars for whatever food you eat is not gonna kill you but it means the world to them,and they are well worth whatever you give them....SO PLEASE TIP THE HELP!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank joe123455
Oakland, California
Reviewed June 6, 2011

I am 31 years old and I have been staying at Velas since I was 14 with my parents’ timeshare. I have traveled throughout Mexico and Latin America and still I have not been able to find any location that tops Velas. When I go to Mexico, I want to feel like I am in Mexico. If I wanted an American experience I would stay in the US. Velas has managed to find the perfect balance between it all, they seem to have found a way to keep everyone happy. A true testament to this is the fact that my family has been going to the resort every year for 17 years. It truly is a home away from home, but better. Most of our friends who work there, because after 17 years they are our friends, are still there. In my eyes, that is a testament to the happiness of the employees. I want to know that those who make my experience perfect every time are taken care of by Velas, and they are.

I bought my own timeshare at Velas three years ago and tried to venture out to Cancun but I am running back to Velas at the end of this month. One of the benefits of an older resort is they know what they are doing, the employees are trained, educated and know how to provide excellent costumer service. When I travel outside of Puerto Vallarta, I have found I hold that bar to the service delivered at Velas. When I fill out comment cards at other hotels, I base my recommendations on my experiences at Velas. This year will be my third year of a "friends trip" on my timeshare and my group has grown to 11 people. I now go to Velas twice a year, a family trip and a friends trip. Any family member or friend who has gone to Velas has the same experience I have, and they too have gone back and brought more people. If your expectation for Mexico is have an experience where you feel the "warmth" and the "kindness" of the culture, you will not be disappointed, the amazing food, beautiful landscape and fantastic weather are all just added bonuses.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Vancouver Island, BC
Reviewed June 5, 2011

My son and I have just returned to Canada after a week at Velas Vallarta. The accommodations were very good; excellent linens, beds -- I just love the pillows! Food is superb; all staff members are most accommodating and ever so 'gracious' and willing to help.
Special kudos to Jacinto, the server at the beach;Marcelino, one of the servers at the pool, and to all the waiters/servers in the oceanfront restaurant.
Bravo!!
I stayed here in January, 2011, with friends, and really enjoyed my two weeks at that time, as well.
Food is excellent and everyone at Velas so very hospitable.
At this point, the High speed Internet is not free ..... let's hope this changes soon!
At any rate, I highly recommend Velas Vallarta, its employees and management.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Reviewed June 4, 2011

Our family has been coming to Velas Vallarta for fifteen years. The service is outstanding. The facility is kept in impeccable condition. Located near the marina, you can find any type of activity you would like to participate in. However, each year we find ourselves spending more and more time on the property. Velas Vallarta has a unique way of making you feel like you are home. Thanks Velas. See you again in August.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Louisiana
Reviewed June 2, 2011

This was our second time in five year to stay at Velas Vallarta. The airport transfer information was sent to us well in advance. The instructions and airport map was very helpful since there has been a lot of changes to the airport in the past five years. Within 30 to 40 minutes of landing we were at the resort, checked in and escorted to our 2 bed room unit.

I was afraid that our expectations would be to high, since our first visit was so enjoyable and over time memoires have a tendency to be better than actual events. Not with Velas Vallarta. Our expectations were not only met, but blown away in several areas. The entire staff made us feel like they were there to accommodate our every wish. There was not one time that a staff member did not greet us with a smile.

Our special thanks to the following:

Rolando and the entire Guest Services Staff for helping with special request for room accommodations, restaurant reservations and confirming excursions. Thanks Rolando for providing accommodations with a breath taking view from our balcony.

We would like to thank the waiter staff at Andres’. Omar and other staff members for taking the time to entertain us by folding napkins to create center pieces and even flowers for the ladies. Special thanks to Carlos Joya for providing us with several wonderful meals and accommodating our special request.

And last, but by far not the least, a very special thanks to Marcelino at the pool bar. Marcelino did so much to make our time around the pool so enjoyable. What ever we asked for he came through.

This resort is rated #3 on Tripadvisor for good reason. The management has made sure that “You” the guest are treated like royalty by the staff members mentions above as well many others very willing to help make “Your” vacation a great and memorable one.

We would highly recommended Velas Vallarta to anyone looking to relax and be pampered.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Vallarta
Casa Velas
Casa Velas
#2 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallar...
#9 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
#1 of 27 in Nuevo Vallarta
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta
#17 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & ...
#7 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta
The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto ...
#29 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta

Been to Velas Vallarta? Share your experiences!