“Good Bang for your buck”

Friendly Vallarta All Inclusive Family Resort
Ranked #20 of 125 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
OAKBANK
“Good Bang for your buck”
Reviewed March 25, 2006

Stayed at the Hola in Puerto Vallarta (Mar 4-11 06) & loved it!!! Rooms were above average but with the hot sun & fun all around who cares about the room as long as it is clean. Could not ask for better hotel service!!! Hostesses/Waiters/Waitresses/Bar Staff, etc were all very funny, courteous, spoke english well, made you feel at home! The activities staff was excellent & if you spent the day by the pool/beach, you could relax or fill your day full of fun!!!! Food was excellent, never had a bad meal, could not ask for better!!!! Juice bar was great in the morning, restaurant/bar by the pool excellent!!!! Where can you eat breakfast & look out at the ocean only to see Humpback whales putting on a show for you!!!! Could play some newer music from today but otherwise the music brought back lots of memories!!! The spa was fabulous, wished I used it more! Great location for shopping at GIGANTE!!! I would recommend this hotel to everyone!!!

5 Thank susan465

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (716)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 24, 2006

very disappointed - we were on the non smoking floor but could smell smoke entering our rm. Food was discusting except for the Cava which was excellent. The pigeons were very annoying and because I have a fobia with birds it was very unpleasant & we were not allowed to eat at our poolside. Would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 21, 2006

We spent a week at Hola with 2 other couples and had a wonderful time. It was a great value, and we would definitely return. The staff, from housekeeping to the front desk, was exceptional - friendly and helpful. As an all-inclusive tips are of course optional - but the staff was so fantastic, we actually wanted to tip! Our room and the entire building was very clean. We had fresh flowers in our bathroom every day, which was a lovely touch. We had read the reviews before we went, and were a bit apprehensive because of the few negative comments. The property does need some upgrading, but the positives far outweigh the negatives. The food was fine, the drinks were good -if you wanted them stronger, all you had to do was ask. Obviously you cannot please everybody all of the time - but we were certainly pleased the majority of the time and would recommend Hola Puerto Vallarta, especially if you're looking for the best bang for your buck.

8 Thank LoveMyFamily6
Caledon, Canada
Reviewed March 17, 2006

Not a bad place to stay if you bring your own beer mug and don't have to drink out of dixie cups. We ate in town everynight but once, and dinner once at the hotel was enough. They ran out of some food even though we did have a reservation; I hate to think how long the food had been sitting there.
I was disappointed at the lack of amenities in the bathroom. The hot water in our bathroom sink didn't work, and we had to ask a few times for extra pillows and towels.
The service was good; we always had pleasant and friendly servers.
I was disappointed that although Hola is advertised as having "unlimited domestic and imported alcohol" we did not see anything imported and were told only mexican was available. False advertising? We were also told that bottled water would be provided, but we had to buy ours...it was not complimentary.

11 Thank ErinIssler
Pinehurst, North Carolina
Reviewed March 13, 2006

We stayed at the Hola/Qualton for a couple of nights in late February prior to moving to our regular two week time share at another resort. I was frankly intimidated to the point of considering cancelling our reservations (which were pre-paid) because of the dire comments from other reviewers.

The Ritz it ain't, but my picky wife and I agree it certainly was a good value for the money. Further, none of the horror stories I read happened to us while we were there.

I guess some people just like to get their shorts tied in knots over things of little consequence.

We go to PV every year and will probably stay at this resort again because of the flexibility it gave us with time share check ins and air fares.

• Stayed February 2006
8 Thank clark g
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 11, 2006

We have been avid travelers to PV for many years. The "Hola" IS A "HOLATA crap" is what this hotel is. The front desk is rude, they think they are the guests and treat you as if it is a priviledge to stay there.

The food is the worst, WE don't expect much but there is actually nothing but bland food. We had to get out to get something with some flavor. Lunch left overs or FATTY HAMBURGERS and maybe fries and beans.

The towels are guarded like gold and the hotel is one that still uses keys to enter the rooms which do not seem safe. Good luck if you lose any of these.

The beach is small and crowded, with only a few comfortable louge chairs the rest are cushion with backing. If you get down early you can get the lounge chairs by 7:30am, if you can make it by then but you are not allowed to get a chair or cabana with shade until 8:ooam.

OUR ADVISE: Go to the Holiday Inn ..... its the best pool and beach and the staff there are extreamly professional.

38 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed March 10, 2006

Every year I read reviews on resorts before I book. I do rely on them, but keep in mind these reviews are from all diff/people! Some who expect too much or want a 5 star + service for a low price etc.. My reviews for this resort is very good for the price I paid far better then expected from the reviews I read.We had a wonderful time,the staff are great the food ( we are not picky eaters) loved it, Le cave is exquisite, fantastic! Loved all the food, tried everything. The complaint about the beds to hard, well I slept "great" I had back surgery and beleive me I would have felt it the beds are not as they say "hard" like a board. Yes indeed the resort needs upgrade but I will tell you this it is spotless, we stayed in the building #3 tower building in the middle "wonderful view breath taking view" you cannot go wrong in this building, and the side building either you do have a view of the ocean. Yes I admit there may be rooms the bathroom are old but if you go to the front desk and ask them for another room, they will be pleased to change you to another room with no problems! In our group of people on our flight a hand full asked for another room... I would go back to this resort in a heart beat!! The intertaiment "yes" compare to other travels as they say on the reviews could be more! But I enjoyed what they did have, but we retire early, and up early so our vacation does not involve staying up late hours to party, for us it was wonderful! You can walk out of the resort to a mall approx 3 blocks away, such a big mall, and "yes" to boot there is a Walmart not in this large mall, walmart is at the other end, a 3.00 us fare will take you to Walmart by taxi.We prefered the mall it had all what you need and more! The Taxi to a large "flea Market" in Puerto Vallarta is amazing, we could not do all the shops it is so large, taxi 4.00 US be prepared to shop, loved the shops, and do try to get the price down it is a flea market, when you do plan to go make sure it is a day no cruise ships are docked the best time. Less people and lower price we asked and it was Friday & Saturday no cruise ships docked!! You also from your balcony if your in the no #3 building middle one, have a wonderful view of these cruise ships, at night all "lit up" beautiful sight! In the morning very early look out to the sea you may see whales or dolphins. The beach is small but I have not heard one complaint from the people, the chairs are better at the pool I admit, but I had no compalint of the older chairs at the beach at all.
The workers are always willing to please, and wonderful personality always smiles! Yes alot of them do not speak english, but remember your in there country and they do love to try to understand and help the best they know how, I never had a problem!!
The boy on the beach is there at 8 am to get your Beach chair and umbrella for you where ever you want it, a wonderful boy named Abraham, we tipped him on our last day he is always eager to help you get comfortable. If you go outside the resort bring some kleenex with you the washrooms are out so just in case good to have that on hand for the public washrooms! We had a wonderful Time and sad to have read so many negative reviews on this resort, and pleased once again that we made a wonderful choice for the price we paid!!! After so many years travelling you get to know what reviews to take seriously *smiles* "Hola" and I applaud the resort and the people who work there!

19 Thank SeniorDi