Friendly Vallarta All Inclusive Family Resort
Ranked #20 of 124 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Colorado Springs, CO
“Fantastic”
Reviewed October 19, 2009

My Husband and i just came back from PVT,we stayed at the friendly Hola and had a fantastic time.The have 2 new Pools and 2 new Jacuzzies. 1 Pool is a Infinnety Pool absolutly great. The food was very good and the drinks are not watered down.The Staff goes out of there ways to make you enjoy your stay.The Hotel is not a Marriott, it is a little bit older but very clean and has a lot of ambiance.If you want to go down town the Bus stops right in Front of the Hotel and it only cost 51/2 Pesos.The Beach is great lots of Palm Trees and Talappas, Abraham takes good care of you he is just fantastic he makes sure you have cushion for your lounger and a Ambrello if you dont want a talappa.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank happygirl42

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (716)
holland
Reviewed October 10, 2009

We arived at the hotel on the 18 of september and first i tought whats this (from the outside) but than we came in the hotel and it was nice.
The staff is very friendly and the two weeks i was there were to short.
the first days we are there the big pool was open but later the pool was closed and that was not good.
When if they aks me what do you think of the hotel is say it was GREAT and i make good friends there so it was a good vacation.

Greetz michella (holland)

• Stayed September 2009
1 Thank michellaHolland
GDL , Mexico
Reviewed October 10, 2009

First of all , sorry about my english , is not my primary language . Ok where do i start ? the food was terrible , the staff and manager where rude (specially a guy name Pancho , Poncho or something) , and theres not 24hrs service as they say on their website . You know what they say "what you pay is what you get" , but this is not even a 2 stars hotel . Go at your own risk .

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank International_Friend
Ventura CA
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I recently travelled to Mexico alone for the first time to the Hola Vallarta. I suppose I'm a bit spoiled by some of the larger resorts I've stayed in, in the past but this hotel was a pleasant surprise. Like other reviews, this hotel is indeed older. However, the upkeep is good and it is clean. The complaints about the pool are about to end. Now is the slow season so they drained the main pool and are retiling it! The "Adult pool" was still open. The waiters are great and very accommodating. The entertainment staff is also very laid back and fun. Because this hotel is smaller, it caters more to locals I think. There were many families from Mexico City and the dominant language spoken there was Spanish. They DO speak English though, so don't let that scare you. It was actually a very good way to be emersed in the language and learn a thing or two! :) The food was good, but I don't travel for the food so maybe I'm not a good judge. You won't go hungry. I thought the weight room was surprisingly big and full of pretty good equipment! Just keep in mind that the hotel is open air so it's a bit on the warm side! Dress is casual unless you plan to go into town to a club. If not then the staff has shows and and activities at night that are fun too. This was a good experience and I would go back!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
4 Thank Nskwurt
Kansas
Reviewed September 21, 2009

It was our Anniversary and Mexican Independence Day 9/15/09. If you do get the chance you should stay at the Hola. We have been to Mexico 10 times before and the service you will get from the the staff at the Hola is the best. Our luggage was lost from the airline and the staff did all they could to help us get it back. Even the owner of the hotel wanted to help us. This was our 2nd time to stay at the Hola and I know it won't be the last. They don't call it the friendly Hola for nothing.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Malcolm77
Davis, CA
Reviewed August 18, 2009

I had a surprisingly good time at Hola. It was the first time I traveled by myself so I was a little concerned about how much fun I could have. I quickly made friends with the staff and a few other visitors. The staff is friendly and talkative, they really try their best to serve you. My visit was in August and it was very busy with lots of families. There is a kid friendly pool and play area. If you want to steer away from kids then go to an all adult hotel ( I personally didn't mind the children). My room had a great view and a king sized bed, it was very clean and comfortable. I believe the hotel has been recently remodeled because it is older. The food was good as well as the drinks and they are available all day long if you choose the all inclusive option which I suggest because the are few restaurants near by. The local bus runs near the hotel and is an easy and cheap way to get to the downtown area.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
8 Thank crod67
edmonton
Reviewed August 14, 2009

me and my girlfriend visited their earlier this year. I/we have never written a review or even a complaint letter, but we promised that we would inform others of this truely bad choice in accomidation. It wasn't so much the property, but the staff. They were rude and more than once employed strong arm tactics with others and at least 5 separarte other guests over a period of week. If you've seen movies where one feels helpless in a foriegn land when someone local mistreats you, then you understand. The staff (moreso the management) were rude and unhelpful and even threatening when all we wanted was what we paid for and had written proof. It was truely unforgettable for us and others. The food was no good either, but we could have accepted that. Take my advice..... steer clear of this poor excuse of a terribly run establishment!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple