My partner & I have just come back from our first holiday in Puerto Vallarta & we absolutely LOVED our "Hola" experience! We always check out hotels on 'Trip Adviser' before we book & knew after reading the reviews of this hotel that we were going to be happy. Mind you, anyone who has the nerve to to write a review complaining about "too many Mexicans" (gasp!) or "chipped tiles" or " too few t.v. channels in English" writes a review that I hope would be ignored by most.
The hotel was lovely, I couldn't keep my eyes off of the pinatas in the lobby. Our room was very large, the bathroom especially. It was clean, the bed & pillows were very comfortable and there was lots of hot water. The balcony was spacious and the view, of course, was incredible. But we don't holiday down south to sit in a hotel room so.....the beach!
We walked the beach both ways as far as we could & ours was, without a doubt, the best. A great little area near the break water on the left for snorkling....we saw many more types of fish than friends we'd made said they'd seen on a boat tour that took them out to snorkle. The waiters come to serve drinks and come by with treats from time to time. They are also very quick to clean up. And on the topic of the waiters, of ALL of the Hola staff, these people are, without a doubt, absolutely fabulous! So friendly and sincere. Some don't speak much English but that was fine, we got to practise our Spanish. Please note that yes, it is an inclusive but these fine people earn less per day than our minimum wage earners do per hour, so please tip from time to time.
Some people complained about the food.....that it was repetitive ("didn't serve 'Alberta Beef'") but we enjoyed it (especially the seafood and the meal we had at La Leche was definately the best I've eaten in years.) I suppose it depends on what you want from a Mexican holiday. If you want to sit in your room, watch t.v. and gorge yourself on Canadian style food than go shopping at Wal Mart than perhaps this place is not for you.
We took the city bus down to Old Town a couple times to snoop around, enjoy the sights there and a little shopping of course. So nice to walk about, cold Corona in hand!
We were happy that even though you could drink as much as you wanted, the Hola guests were reasonable. No lousy drunks ruined our holiday! We were also pleasantly surprised that so many guests were Mexican Nationals and appreciated that the shows were in both English and Spanish with Spanish taking priority. The entertainment was fun, we really enjoyed the beach BBQ and let me take this moment to sing the praises of Ale (Alexandra) Her dancing is superb (and she was a wonderful kayaking companion as well!)
I'd recommend this hotel for couples or families with young kids. I think teens could be a little bored (I left mine at home!) There is one adults only pool (which is so beautiful!) & kids aren't allowed in the hot tub. I was in Ixtapa in the '90's and was very suprised how safe and secure I felt in P.V.! Perhaps things are different now but I kept thinking "where are the security guards with rifles?" "how is it we can walk the beach at night?" We were as comfortable making our way about this beautiful place as we are at home. I suppose some people are bothered by the beach vendors but a simple "no gracias" and they were on their way (& at the end of our holiday it was convenient to buy our souvenirs from them instead of heading back into town!)
So, in conclusion, we loved our experience and hope you do too. No hotel/vacation spot is perfect but we and the friends we made during our one week stay kept saying "we're in Mexico baby!....how great is THIS?!"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the best all-inclusive vacations in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico with the friendliest hotel! Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa offers incredible location in the hotel zone and a wide range of fun experiences. Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa is located in one of the most precious bays of the Mexican Pacific, with a unique location in front of the beach, in the heart of the hotel area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Friendly Vallarta All Inclusive Family Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hola Puerto Vallarta Club & Spa
- Hola Vallarta
- Hola Puerta Vallarta
- Hola Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Hola Puerto Vallarta Resort
- Hola Club Puerto Vallarta
- Hotel Hola Vallarta
- Hola Resort Puerto Vallarta
- Hola Club Spa Puerto Vallarta