We just got back from Hola. What a great trip!!!!!
Initially I was a little leary about our choice in resort. You hear about all these wild and weird stories about food and people getting sick etc. But , we were pleasantly surprised.
I did not realize that it was Mexican owned till I got there. I think so far we have not been in a mexican owned facility but I was very impressed.
I would like to thank Alex, Poncho and Edwardo from front desk/ customer serv ice for being so great helping us get settled in and all the advise about places to see and dine.
In the main dining room, Gustavao, Antelmo, Jose, Brad Pitt (Beeta), Arcadia, and many more that I don't have names, are only too eager to help service you and make you stay not only a pleasant one but an excellent and memorable one. We got to know these guys so well, it was sooooo sad to leave. Big hugs on our last day.
Marina, the morning chef is so sweet, trying her hardest to understand how you'd like your eggs! mind you she made my eggs just the way I like it by the second day!!!!! What a lovely lady.
Service at the beach was overwhelming. You were constantly offered drinks or asked for any special orders. I have been to many resorts but never have we had such excellent service at the beach, they even brought us a nice, cold face cloth mid morning and mid afternoon!! Snacks were brought around too! Can you imagine drinks/snacks/cold cloths, it's like heaven! what else could one ask for?????
With all the excellent customer service, never once did we feel pressured or even the slight feeling of having to tip them, which made us want to even more.
They are such hard working and pleasing people and happy.
Food selection was up to par, I think, not as extensive as some of the other resort,s we've been to, but plenty enough. There was always a choice in meats, pork, beef, chicken, fish, vegetables, potatoes/rice/breads, deserts. And off course there was always some very authentic mexican dishes, which we found absolutely delicious!
Rooms are not A-1 but adequate. We found it okay, after all we were mostly out anyways.
Tours: we did the whale watching all day tour with Jeranamo, it was fantastic! once again the crew was very obliging and fun, food/drinks/entertainment. We saw alot of whales, one baby whale came up right beside our boat. It was exhilariting!!!
Zip Lining thru the trees at Sierre Madres Mountains with Canapy Tours was out of this world!!! I'm afraid of heights and I'm not very adventurous with the outdoors but this was quite something for me to remember till I die!!! our guides, Artruro, Jack (Alex) and I forget the third guy's name were great. Very professional but fun and entertaining. This certainly is a must for anyone/everyone that visits Mexico and if you get get these guys as your tour guide that's a plus!!!
Couple advises for the hotel would be ..... get some proper dinner knives that cut !! and it would be nice to have an exhaust in the bathrooms! Other than that I think it's heaven, sun, fun, some pampering, great food and people.
Oh! beware of the sharks at the airport, and downtown. Time share sharks, they are everywhere. When you get off the plane go straight to the outside if you don't want to have to deal with these people. I was forewarned and I still got caught innocently. I thought she was part of Hola, she was behind a desk, kinda like checking in at t hotel or airport, turns out she is a Time Share Rep, mind you we did end up with a great deal on our tours, but we would have much rather paid in full and done without the 3plus hours of listening to them. And boy are they ever pushy!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the best all-inclusive vacations in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico with the friendliest hotel! Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa offers incredible location in the hotel zone and a wide range of fun experiences. Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa is located in one of the most precious bays of the Mexican Pacific, with a unique location in front of the beach, in the heart of the hotel area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Friendly Vallarta All Inclusive Family Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hola Puerto Vallarta Club & Spa
- Hola Vallarta
- Hola Puerta Vallarta
- Hola Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Hola Puerto Vallarta Resort
- Hola Club Puerto Vallarta
- Hotel Hola Vallarta
- Hola Resort Puerto Vallarta
- Hola Club Spa Puerto Vallarta