My wife and I are repeat guests and have stayed at the Friendly Vallarta nine or ten times since December 2009. Not surprisingly, the Friendly is clearly our favourite vacation destination. This summer marked our 25th wedding anniversary and to celebrate my wife and I and eight of our friends stayed at the Friendly Vallarta June 17-24, 2014. We thoroughly enjoyed our vacation at the Friendly and we cannot say enough about the awesome service we experienced. Araceli, Eloisa, and Mitchel went above and beyond in making our anniversary celebration just excellent. Manuel, Enrique, and Gladys at the front desk were so helpful and gracious in accommodating our requests.
A common theme in my reviews of the Friendly relates to the amazing service guests receive and this visit was no exception. Once again we experienced fabulous service from the housekeeping staff, grounds and maintenance staff, the chefs, cooks and kitchen staff. Since our return to Canada we continue to reminisce and talk about the incredible service staff including Braullio, Hugo, Nabor, Miguel, Nacho, Carlos, Lupe, Kalusha, Maria, the new servers whose names we still are learning, and Aldo and Abraham on the beach. We are thrilled to have cultivated relationships with the staff and servers at the Friendly Vallarta and consider them friends. We also had opportunity to meet and speak with Nacho, the owner, and his son Pacheli, the general manager.
The Friendly is the perfect place for us to kick back, unplug, and enjoy our down time - to this end the staff at the Friendly once again took amazingly great care of us.
Each time we return to the Friendly we observe improvements to the property and facility and on this visit we noted new elevators, the addition of a new coffee bar in the main lobby, new tables and chairs in the buffet and beach restaurants.
Given it was June, the children were out of school and many Mexican families were also staying at the hotel - one guest in our group was a first time visitor to Mexico and she and her husband remarked that they quite enjoyed the hotel and the other guests and stated "this feels very authentic."
We quite like Old Town and friends of ours operate a restaurant so we did go for dinner off resort twice, but otherwise we ate all of our meals at the hotel. Whether the beach restaurant, the buffet restaurant, the Sunset grill or gourmet restaurant we found the food was good quality, well prepared, lots of variety and we had no problem finding enough to eat.
Tipping is graciously appreciated and we have no problem showing our appreciation for top notch service by tipping.
Is the Friendly Vallarta for everyone? Probably not, but Puerto Vallarta has become our preferred vacation destination and the Friendly Vallarta is clearly our favourite place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An oceanfront hotel in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.100% Family. Renovated Rooms. Friendly Staff. Wide beach. Food Variety. 24-hour food and beverage program. Unlimited domestic alcoholic beverages, and non-alcoholic drinks. Main pool with children's wading area. Indoor and outdoor "Kid’s Club" with fully supervised children's activities. Gym and Spa. Entertainment room. Daily activity programs. Nightly entertainment and weekly live shows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Friendly Vallarta Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hola Puerto Vallarta Club & Spa
- Hola Vallarta
- Hola Puerta Vallarta
- Hola Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Hola Puerto Vallarta Resort
- Hola Club Puerto Vallarta
- Hotel Hola Vallarta
- Hola Resort Puerto Vallarta
- Hola Club Spa Puerto Vallarta