This is our 3rd time to PV and our first time at the Friendly. We stayed for 2 weeks and the whole stay was excellent. From our arrival to our departure, the staff would go out of their way to make us comfortable and happy. We requested a non smoking room when we booked and were so happy we got one. I have meds that need to be kept cold and got a fridge brought to our room immediately. They set up a cot for my tall athletic 12 year old as the double beds are too small for 2 adults to sleep comfortably for a 2 week stay. Imagine sleeping with her and the extra body heat of hiking and sunning all day - would not be fun. After the first night we all thought the beds were hard so just requested a mattress topper. Drinks and food are brought to you on the beach, poolside - wherever you are. The beach boy sees you walking down the sidewalk and got to know our favorite spot and we had loungers, cushions umbrellas and tables set up for us without even a word. The activities crew ( Pamela and Paulina - miss you already) had things for you to do everyday. We took part in bar tending and cooking classes, bracelet making & aquasize. There was yoga, beach volleyball, texas hold'em card games and so much more. Rueben, in the ceramics painting table was so talented. If you didn't see a design on a piece of pottery he would customize something for you. My daughter loved this table. She made several souvenirs for Grandmas and Grandpa. The food is great for an all inclusive ( which we have been to several from Cuba, the DR and all over Mexico). If you don't see something that you like - or after being there for 2 weeks you are bored, with all you have to do is ask the several waiters and chefs waiting behind the buffet stations and they will make you something to your liking. Thank you to my dear friend chef Juan! There was a Mexican Fiesta on Saturday, Monday a cocktail party with a local entertainer who brings his dancing horse to the beach and Wednesday a Beach Party. There is always something going on so no one can go home saying they were bored. we scheduled all of our adventures outside of the hotel around the festivities of the hotel as they were so much fun. We even had an added bonus of getting to watch the owner - Nacho Cadena - film one of his cooking shows on the beach.
The location is perfect - close to the marina,downtown, A bus stop right outside the hotel and for 7.50 pesos will get you to the Malecon. This hotel has the best sandy beach around with perfect waves for any age to play in.
Yes, the hotel is older and could use a little more upgrading than just a coat of paint. I tell friends and people who ask about the Friendly " it is kept immaculately clean! I never saw one bug, spiderweb or one dust bunny anywhere!! The rooms do need some updating but the only time I'm in my room is to shower and sleep and that is when my eyes are closed"
Last but not least THE STAFF!!! These people really love their job!! Serving staff - Sergio (Double Double), Lexi ( Single Single), Vicente, Hugo, Angle, Maisel, Gabriel, Daniel and so many more that I am sorry I just can't name you all. Enrique at the front desk. Pamela ( best smile around), Paulina and Poncho, the activities staff. The cleaning ladies (they work hard keeping this hotel spotless). The bellman who go out of their way to assist you with answers to your questions of what to do and where and how to get there.
There was a few tears not only from my daughter but from some of the staff when we said our good bye's. I have never gone around and done this before in all of my travels but after making true and genuine friends with several of the staff I just had to get one last kiss and hug!
As I tell anyone and everyone " It may be a 3 star hotel but it has 5+ star service!"
Thank you once again to all of our new amigos and amigas at the Friendly Hotel!
We will be back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the best all-inclusive vacations in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico with the friendliest hotel! Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa offers incredible location in the hotel zone and a wide range of fun experiences. Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa is located in one of the most precious bays of the Mexican Pacific, with a unique location in front of the beach, in the heart of the hotel area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Friendly Vallarta All Inclusive Family Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hola Puerto Vallarta Club & Spa
- Hola Vallarta
- Hola Puerta Vallarta
- Hola Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Hola Puerto Vallarta Resort
- Hola Club Puerto Vallarta
- Hotel Hola Vallarta
- Hola Resort Puerto Vallarta
- Hola Club Spa Puerto Vallarta