“we will be back again”

Friendly Vallarta All Inclusive Family Resort
Ranked #22 of 122 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed March 14, 2014

My Husband and i just came back from a 2 weeks stay at the Friendly .As always we had a wonderful Time. YES we have been going to the Friendly for lots of Years ,been to other Places like Cancun ,Acapulco ,Mazatlan,IXtappa but we always come back to the Friendly.Let me tell you it doesent have Chandeliers and Bling because it is a Older Hotel , BUT IT makes up for it with all the Staff ,it is clean and everybody goes out of their way to make your stay comfortable. The Food in our Opinion is very good .There is always a Variety to eat and never boring. Breakfast Omelettes ,Bacon ,Ham ,Pancakes, Waffels,Fruit ,Cerial ,Yuogurt and Sweets.Lunch you have choises outside on the Beach you have your Hamburger Or Cheesburgers ,Pizza ,Hotdogs or there Fantastic Clubsandwich with Fries. In the Dining room ,You have your salads with all the Trimmings. Chicken ,Fish, Lasagna and other Things.Now for the good Part Supper is always something Good to eat .Tuerkey, Roated Pork, Spareribs, Chicken, They have a special every Night from Sushi ,Pasta BAr with Shrimps, There is always something good to eat .They go out of there way for the Beach party or Mexican Fiesta (FOOD GALORE ) love the fresh Donuts and the Churros on the Beach .YUMMY !!!
They also have the Gormet Resaurant. You make reservations in the main Diningroom in the morning. That Food is also outstanding its like a 5 Star Resaurant with numerous Choices for your Dining Pleasure.
The Beach is fantastic ,Abraham the Beach Man takes good care of you with Chairs and Umbrellas it is PARADISE.

Room Tip: All the Rooms are nice ,try for the Tower, It has better View of the Ocean,
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank happygirl42
Friendly V, Gerente at Friendly Vallarta All Inclusive Family Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Dear happygirl42:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us, this will be very helpful to others! We are pleased to read everything you say about your experience, and we are delighted that your stay with us was enjoyable. Please come back soon we will be here waiting for you :)

Write a ReviewReviews (3,350)

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I have been to this resort 6 times. Most recent was Feb.8 for two weeks. Was on the 11 floor. Breath taking views of the ocean and city lights. For me to escape the cold for two weeks was wonderful. An added bonus was the fact that I did not have to cook or clean. This resort is smaller and more intimate than some of the other resorts I have been too and I really enjoy that. The rooms are well maintained, clean, new towels and supplies every day. There has never been anything that I have not enjoyed for food. Another guest and myself asked for a special dinner of grilled shrimp-----no problem delicious. The staff make you feel as if you are part of a family. Ask for anything and they will do it. I am lucky this year as I am going back to the Friendly on April 19 for one week and I am bringing my two granddaughters(adults). They are very excited to visit the resort I talk about all the time.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank Gillian K

Dear Gillian K:

Thanks for everything you say about us and about your recent stay. We are delighted to know that you will return soon and we will be waiting for you to continue treating you as you deserve!!! :)

Reviewed March 12, 2014

"Friendly" definitely suits this resort!! The service is above and beyond. Thanks so much to Hugo and Sergio (double double) especially!!! I have now stayed at this resort twice and would not hesitate to return. In fact, I'm already planning my trip for next year and just got home. The food is exceptional with a wide variety of choices! There are activities for all ages and the entertainment staff make it all fun. They have a book exchange which I find awesome as I love to lay in a lounger by the infinity pool and read. If you want to experience the best of the best at a reasonable price, go "Friendly!" You won't be sorry.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. I've stayed in the tower and on the side. I prefer the side but they al...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Sharon A:

Thank you very much for sharing your experience, we are pleased that you enjoyed your holiday and to know that everything was good during your stay. We hope to see you soon! :)

Reviewed March 11, 2014

the place is outstanding. service is great. food is great. peddlers are fun to deal with . if you want a great vacation, go to the friendly vallarta. you will not be disappointed. abraham, the beach person is fabulous. set up the area on the beach for us each day. double double was one of our waiters. the service was outstanding. if your looking for silver to buy, two peddlers on the beach( pauncho and lucy) are the ones to deal with. looking for t-shirts, marco polo is the one to see. compliments of the cooks. they did an outstanding job. meals were tastey and food was never cold. good variety to choose from. front desk people were very pleasant and good to deal with. cant wait to return again next year. dean and shannon.

Room Tip: all the rooms face the ocean. doesnt matter what room you have. you will love it
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear dean f:

It is so nice to hear that you enjoyed your holiday with us. We are working every day to improve our service, to make things even better!!! Thank you for sharing your experience. We hope to see you soon!!! :)

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I love The Friendly and all the great employees at the Resort! There were 8 of us girls on a week long Girls trip and we had the time of our lives and made some great memories.
Great beach, pools and Hot tubs. Rooms are just ok and we were on the Main floor with no view second year in a row. Don't know what it takes to get a room with a view, they wouldn't budge with our request to move. I even ran into the Executive Mgr. outside of his office and made the request and he said he would check into it and get back to us but we never heard from him.

The food did get redundant and boring. I personally didn't care for the Gourmet Restaurant, won't go there again.
Would of like to had Enchiladas, Tacos, Burritos or Tostadas for a change. Isn't that Mexican food?
Also enjoyed sitting on the Beach painting Pottery with Rueben, he was so sweet and talented. Loved the Dance Party's on the Beach as well as the shows put on by the Entertainment staff.
I noticed so many people don't tip the staff. Whats up with that? They are the hardest working bunch I've ever seen and go out of their way for any request for guests.
I absolutely love this place and miss all my great friends at The Friendly. Mi Amor Double Double of course, Tony & Jordan, Hugo, Juan, Chiqui (Angel) Jorge, Carlos, Vincente and so many others.
See you all next year! Can hardly wait.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Dear LovinMexico09:

Thank you very much for sharing your experience, we are pleased to know how much you enjoyed your stay. Our goal is that all our guests enjoy their vacation. We hope to see you soon! :)

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We spent two weeks at Friendly Vallarta in January, our third visit there. We love it and hope to return next year! The hotel's motto is "Welcome Home" and they take it very seriously. The staff is wonderful! We have never had better service anywhere! I think that this resort must treat its staff well as they genuinely seem to love their jobs and are happy to help in any way they can. The resort is very clean and we very much enjoyed the food in the buffets. I seldom eat meat and my husband eats a lot of meat and we were both happy with the selection. Our rooms have always been in Tower B and we have had beautiful ocean views in each one. Friendly isn't the newest or poshest hotel but, honestly, we like it that way. It is clean and comfortable and we don't need more than that. It's wonderful to sleep with the sliding glass door to the balcony open and listen to the waves. The beds are firm but asking for a foam mattress topper helps. I am an insulin dependent diabetic the hotel puts a small fridge in our room for my insulin. There are activities on the beach during the day and there is entertainment nightly for those interested. We especially enjoyed the Mexican theme night buffet and program and the beach dinner and show held weekly. The location is excellent as you can hop on a bus and go anywhere easily or you can walk to the nearby Caracol Mall or further to the marina area. The only thing about Friendly Vallarta that we don't like is leaving!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear 4susanz5:

It was so nice to read your review, thank you so much for everything you say about your experience. We would love to see you once again, we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. Please feel free to come back anytime! :)

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I just returned from a beautiful 2 week holiday here and it was the best!! I have been to a few other resorts in Mexico(5 star) and I would always choose the friendly instead.

Food: the food is delicious and always a huge variety. Almost every day they make something pool/beach side that is so good. I absolutely love the dinner shows on the beach!

The entertainment staff make sure everyone has a great time. I took full advantage of the activities, aquacise, bracelet making, blackjack and even Texas Holdem tourney on the beach. This group of people work very hard to make your vacation extra special!

I love all the staff at this resort it is my third time and I will be back again next year!

Thank you so much! I miss you all already!!

Jackie Stevenson :)

• Stayed: February 2014
Friendly V, Gerente at Friendly Vallarta All Inclusive Family Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear Jaxson76:

Was really nice to read everything you've described in your experience, no doubt this will be very helpful for our future guests. We miss you so much and we would love to see you again soon, good to know you enjoyed your stay! Please keep in touch :)