Just got back from 5 nights at Friendly Vallarta. I went with an old friend and we have been going to all-inclusive resorts in Mexico for several years so know what to compare it to in this price range. At first we were not to thrilled about the room or the food but the whole place grew on me as the days passed. Would I go there again? Yes. Here is a summary of the pro's and con's.
The resort: Is indeed on the smaller and older side. The workers are all really really happy and friendly and seem genuinely happy to serve you and happy to work there. Check in was fast and smooth. They are pretty "green" in that do not use a lot of plastic cups, plates or bottles. They went to a lot of trouble to entertain us at the pool during the day with the activity staff who was always doing something like yoga, volleyball, bingo, games, bracelet making, poker, kayak tours and much much more. A few evenings they set up elaborate beach parties with tables on the beach and buffets and entertainment. Tons of waiters to bring drinks or whatever you were to lazy to get up and get yourself.
Our room: Was in one of the side wings that has not been updated. We were on the second floor. The room was a bit musty smelling and very very basic. However it was clean and quite! We peeked in at some of the updated rooms and they appeared also very basic. The best thing about the room is that everyone has a balcony with chairs and a table and when we were in our room which was not much we sat outside with an amazing view of the ocean, pool, beach and even could watch the shows held on the beach from there. If you are a pillow snob like me.. bring your own. We got toppers on beds and they were fine.
The beach: The best thing about this resort compared to some others we have stayed at is they have waiters to bring you food and drinks on the beach. The food is on normal glass plates and we never had to wait long (if at all) for a waiter to come around to check on us and take our order for as much food, water, drinks as our little fat hearts desired! The beach itself was good, the water was a bit foamy and dirty I thought but I think that is just PV. The peddlers are the same at all resorts and again.. that is just how it is in PV.
The food: We always found something that was good. However we found things that were not soo good as well. The fresh fruit was really good and salad bar was good. The club sandwiches served on the beach were great! The breakfast outside on the beach was great with make to order omelets and much more. We didn't like what we ordered at the gourmet restaurant but maybe it was just what we had as others we spoke with said they loved it. They always had some cool food at the pool everyday which was super good. Once a lovely shrimp cocktail the chef's made right in front of you with tons of fresh veggies. Once churros which were delish! And they usually had fresh fish cooked on the beach during the day. They tried super hard to have a ton of verity and choices and lots going on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the best all-inclusive vacations in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico with the friendliest hotel! Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa offers incredible location in the hotel zone and a wide range of fun experiences. Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa is located in one of the most precious bays of the Mexican Pacific, with a unique location in front of the beach, in the heart of the hotel area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Friendly Vallarta All Inclusive Family Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hola Puerto Vallarta Club & Spa
- Hola Vallarta
- Hola Puerta Vallarta
- Hola Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Hola Puerto Vallarta Resort
- Hola Club Puerto Vallarta
- Hotel Hola Vallarta
- Hola Resort Puerto Vallarta
- Hola Club Spa Puerto Vallarta