After visiting several tropical over the years (Acapulco,Cancun, Los Cabos,
Cozumel, Playa Del Carmen, Cuba, Dominican Republic) I think I can make an objective review of Friendly Vallarta Resort.
This is the WORST all-inclusive hotel I have been in the 13 different resorts I have stayed in. This resort is a “copy-paste” of the older hotel you might find in Acapulco, Mexico. The Friendly was built in the 1970’s and renovations are needed to make it acceptable to live in it.
Keep in mind, that Friendly Vallarta is not part of major hotel chains like RIU, Barcelo, Iberostar, etc. and it explains mainly the reason why this resort is not shut down completely...
The hotel common areas as the pools, restaurants, lounge, snack bar are kept super clean by the staff . The cleaning lady was doing a good job in the room, but finding “mold” stains all over the room curtains and in the shower area is not what I consider a healthy place to sleep. The plumbing system is as bad as it was impossible to take a nice shower when the water temperature was changing from extreme cold or hot within seconds whenever you took it during morning or evenings. Terrible plumbing and ventilation systems in that OLD resort....
The food selection at the buffet was the worst I have seen in all the places I went. Always repetitive food and only a few choice. I have eaten better in Cuba than at the Friendly and usually Cuba is not consider the best place for food. At Friendly Vallarta, you had to ask for everything: bananas, cheese, bacon...Many time those foods were hidden away behind the counter....You don’t ask, you don’t get it....What a poor way to behave with clients. Forget seafood’s dishes, the resort had trouble to offer on a regular basic their own Mexican Dishes. Always ribs, tons of veggies and fruits, canned beans, rice and meat stir fry’s. Nothing elaborate in terms of food presentation except 2 nights a week when the hotel made their beach party supper. A little more choice of dishes, and little more Mexican Dishes. The following days: same routine food selection. Not surprising that a lot of people were eating out.... Have you ever seen an breakfast or evening buffet with no cold cuts or slice cheeses ? Those 2 basic kinds of foods where not even offered....
2 days before departure, we learned that we could have ordered a special food plate (shrimps or something different from the ordinary buffet) by making a request to one of the staff employees working at the dining area. We were never notified about that possibility and I feel it was an unfair dinning practice. You offer the food to everyone or you don’t...
One positive thing: the snack bar was excellent and had a vast choice of food. Club sandwich, tacos, hamburgers, chicken nuggets, fries. That snack bar was the best thing in terms of food in that old resort. The staff was also very friendly and helpful.
The animation team was a BIG ZERO as they never came on the beach where 90% the clients were. They never try to encourage people to participate in their few activities always held near the main pool. The Friendly Resort should get rid of them completely.
Keep in mind that this resort average clientele has an average age of 70 years old. Don’t expect to have a big party fever there. Young people should look to go elsewhere for fun and action because at certain time, I felt I was in a tropical senior home...
In conclusion, look around for a resort if you want better quality room, food selection and animation team because the independent owner of Friendly Vallarta does not need to improve anything as old clients continues to choose this hotel because the staff is friendly. It’s not only the staff that makes a hotel GOOD....People who never travelled
and never seen better keep going to that hotel without knowing better. Believe me, for what we pay we deserve more, MUCH MORE.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the best all-inclusive vacations in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico with the friendliest hotel! Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa offers incredible location in the hotel zone and a wide range of fun experiences. Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa is located in one of the most precious bays of the Mexican Pacific, with a unique location in front of the beach, in the heart of the hotel area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Friendly Vallarta All Inclusive Family Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hola Puerto Vallarta Club & Spa
- Hola Vallarta
- Hola Puerta Vallarta
- Hola Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Hola Puerto Vallarta Resort
- Hola Club Puerto Vallarta
- Hotel Hola Vallarta
- Hola Resort Puerto Vallarta
- Hola Club Spa Puerto Vallarta