Friendly Vallarta All Inclusive Family Resort
Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$380
$288
Velas Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$286
$338
$278
Bookit.com
Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$215
$145
Bookit.com
Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$83
  • Pool
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$149
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$255
$214
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$476
$283
  • Breakfast included
Los Arcos Suites(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$89
  • Pool
The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$164
$124
  • Beachfront
3,555 results
All reviewsfriendly holagourmet restaurantqualton clubsunset grillbracelet makingmain towerspanish lessonsactivities staffnon smokingmain buffetinfinity poollobby baran older hotelbeach servicebeach volleyballbeach vendorsweek stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 7, 2013

1st, I didn't like the fact that the hotel caters to a lot of locals. Only because I miss meeting new people who are also on vacation. The locals seem to be in groups which can make you feel like an outsider. I don't think its because they are not friendly, just don't speak the my language. I also found out from people staying at other resorts they had the same issue. Maybe its a PVR thing!

STAFF- is friendly! Ive been lucky to always have stayed in resorts where the staff is friendly.

FOOD- I want to say that when the resort cleared out of the locals, food got better.

DRINKS- Again got better when they did not have a full hotel to service. At first I couldn't drink them, they were very tart and made from some type powered drink mix which gave me bad indigestion. They do have Corona's but only on tap!

ROOMS- Clean!

I haven't stayed in a resort in a long time. I have been renting condo's. I ate breakfast and lunch at the resort but mostly went out to dinner downtown. I am happy that I did stay at a resort, because now I have no reason to think I am missing anything by renting condo's!
My stay was Wednesday May 29 - Wednesday June 5. The best days for me was Monday and Tuesday.

2  Thank Alad222
Friendly V, Gerente at Friendly Vallarta All Inclusive Family Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Hi Alad222.

Thank you for choosing our hotel to enjoy of your holiday, sorry you felt that way during your stay, maybe socialize a bit more on your part the next time you are here, all our guests are friendly people!. About our beer we do have Corona and Negra Modelo in the bottle, in your next visit do not hesitate to ask for one :). Please feel free to come back anytime! See you soon :)

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We visited The Friendly 5/26/13 -6/2/13.Hotel was virtually empty until Thursday late afternoon. Staff went out of their way to make you happy. At this time of year, the hotel relies on local weekend conventions, weddings and folks from Mexico City. Although the numbers swell, they are nice and seem to have a lovely weekend at the beach. Other than losing the peace, quite and feeling of being the only people there, the service and attention remain the same. The staff makes this hotel!! They are obsessive about cleaning. It is an older hotel and could use some money pumped into it, but it is kept clean and has some of the best staff around. The location is good, beach very nice. The food becomes monotonous, but you will always find something and we enjoy going out to eat in the evenings at the local restaurants. Most restaurants run specials this time of year and you can get some great dinners. I would come back at this time of year again. If you are looking for a slick newer Americanized type hotel, like the NOW Amber, this is not for you.

Hi Valerie E.

Thanks for everything you say about us and about your recent stay. Hope to see you soon, to continue treating you as you deserve!!! :)

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Went with my girlfriend for 7 days, nothing to complain about at all. Hotel is older but clean, they work really hard to keep everything nice. We flew westjet from edmonton Canada, great non stop flight, at airport westjet also provided a van to the hotel and back to the airport, they are the best airline, also free checked bags.
It's very quiet in PV right now, off season. We were almost the only English speaking people there at the hotel, but we didn't care, week days were quiet, weekends the locals came and about half full or more.
Big pool we didn't like, many kids, adult pool and beach good. Food was good, although we did go downtown several nights and eat. Walking to town about 45 min, take cab at night, 6 bucks. Restaurants in romantic area are very slow, some even closed. We found some good places and had lots of fun. Watch the tequila drinks, some are very strong!
People on the beach and downtown get on your nerves, trying to sell you stuff. They are relentless sometimes. We didn't want any of that crap.
Took a excursion snorkeling and old fishing village, it was all good, got us away for a day.
The reviews for friendly are very accurate, trust them, we would go back, the price and service is un beatable. Being the only offseason person from westjet, we got penthouse room in the tower, they seemed to treat us like gold?
Last thing, they give you 2 water bottles and that's it, save them and fill up in restaurant lobby, no fridge in room, we only drank bottled water, but if you didn't fill your bottles, nothing in the middle of the night to drink.
Hope this helps you decide, we liked it.

2  Thank David K
Friendly V, Gerente at Friendly Vallarta All Inclusive Family Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Hi David K.

Thanks for sharing your experience it will be really helpful to others, we value your opinion and are so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay, that is our greatest reward.!. Regarding the fridge, you can requested during the arrival date, and this service is based on our availability. We have an All Inclusive service with food and drinks during 24hrs and you will find all this in our restaurants, that's why we don't include fridge or bottled water in rooms, you can take anything you want to your room. We would love to welcome you back anytime! :)

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Staff are amazing - hotel is my favorite in PV so far - Location is perfect...close to downtown but also close to all the other areas. This was my 3rd trip to this resort and I'll definitely be back!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Tracy P

Hi tandr2.

Thank you very much for your valuable comments and for sharing this experience, it was a pleasure to know that you enjoyed our hotel. We will be happy to welcome you back soon! :)

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We have stayed at the Friendly 2 times now and even talked friends of our into having there wedding there. All 100 guests had a great time and were amazed by the level of service. I regret not coming there this winter as I was talked into trying another hotel in the mayan. It was horrible when compared to the Friendly. I would say this hotel is great. It is not the biggest or the nicest hotel we have been to but it is 100% by far the best level of service and we had nothing bad to say at all. Even the guys selling stuff on the beach were great!! They asked once and left if you said no.. Hey everyone has to work!!! If you are debating on the friendly I would say DO IT!!!

Room Tip: Try to requst the upper floors. THE VIEW IS AMAZING!!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Friendly V, Gerente at Friendly Vallarta All Inclusive Family Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Hi hrderthnu.

It was so nice to read your review, thank you so much for everything you say about your experience. We would love to see you once again, please feel free to come back anytime! :)