This location is close to bus stop into downtown Puerto Vallarta and walkable to pier and Walmart.
We were on 11th floor and had a beautiful view of pool, beach and bay. It was suggested to us to ask for a higher floor, great recommendation! We had a king size bed and Silvia, our housekeeper always made beautiful towel creations. We couldn't wait to come back to our room to see what she did for us. Our room was always spotless!
The staff throughout the hotel made us feel special with their friendly smiles and great service. Jose, the owner's right hand man, assigned a chef for me to insure I didn't eat anything with fish or seafood which could land me in the hospital. I felt guilty for this service but Juan, my chef, His boss, the Master-chef and Jose put me at ease.
The Gourmet restaurant treated us like celebrities with wonderful food and great presentation. The buffet indoors and out had more basic food even kids would like. During the day, there is food by the pool and near the beach so no can say they are hungry here!
We were there for 2 weeks over Christmas. There were many locals staying at the resort with kids but we had a wonderful time with these kind families. There were fireworks somewhere along the beach each night and lanterns floating in the night sky.
I was told in Feb. there are mostly Canadians on the resort. Maybe we'll give it a try.
The Mexican fiesta and dinner on the beach nights were great...all that food! Next time I will bring bug spray for evenings on the beach. I did get bites.
Nightly entertainment was an hour each night. Just enough so you want to come back and you aren't losing time for other things.
There are Spanish and dance lessons every day on the beach, so be sure to give it a try. The beach has a roped off area. Stay there if you prefer to not deal with beach venders. Venders were not pushy towards us and very polite. Roger gave us good deals and we will look him up on our next trip.
We ran out of time to use the spa services, although looking at the brochure, the prices seemed quite reasonable.
There is a place in the hotel where you can book excursions.
It is safer to book through them rather than from someone on the beach. At least you will know you will get a quality experience. We took the tequila tour. It was the best $20 per person I ever spent. There is a lot of walking as you tour the "old" P. Vta so be prepared, but Freddy, our tour guide, had so much knowledge and history, I didn't care.
We met people who have gone there for years...and now I have discovered why.
All in all, the staff are really putting themselves out there to be sure you have a great "Friendly" experience during your stay.
We came home feeling very relaxed and will be back as soon as we can. We already miss our new Friendly family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An oceanfront hotel in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.100% Family. Renovated Rooms. Friendly Staff. Wide beach. Food Variety. 24-hour food and beverage program. Unlimited domestic alcoholic beverages, and non-alcoholic drinks. Main pool with children's wading area. Indoor and outdoor "Kid’s Club" with fully supervised children's activities. Gym and Spa. Entertainment room. Daily activity programs. Nightly entertainment and weekly live shows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo and Despegar.com so you can book your Friendly Vallarta Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hola Puerto Vallarta Club & Spa
- Hola Vallarta
- Hola Puerta Vallarta
- Hola Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Hola Puerto Vallarta Resort
- Hola Club Puerto Vallarta
- Hotel Hola Vallarta
- Hola Resort Puerto Vallarta
- Hola Club Spa Puerto Vallarta