Friendly Vallarta All Inclusive Family Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$338
$284
$241
$184
Bookit.com
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$242
$196
$396
$220
  • Pool
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$149
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$207
$154
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$271
$182
Hotel Mousai(Puerto Vallarta)
$352
$324
3,561 results
All reviewsfriendly holagourmet restaurantqualton clubsunset grillbracelet makingmain towerspanish lessonsactivities staffnon smokingmain buffetinfinity poollobby baran older hotelbeach servicebeach volleyballbeach vendorsweek stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This hotel is by no means is a 5 star but I was amazed at the kind of service we received, these people bend over backwards to accomodate our every wish. My girlfriend and I had a wonderful time the food was great, the rooms were clean and comfortable, and I would have no problem staying there again.

Room Tip: The rooms from the upper floor over looking the pool is great as far as the view goes.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank sallyann1263
Friendly V, Gerente at Friendly Vallarta All Inclusive Family Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

sallyann1263,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience, we are pleased that you enjoyed your holiday and to know that everything was excellent during your stay. We hope to see you soon! :)

Reviewed August 24, 2012

all inclusive vacation with my bf in February, we arrived about 3 am in the morning at the hotel, they took us to the room but they couldn't get the door to open. after few staff members tried they finally decided to give us another room. we were super tired already and didn't get to bed till about 5am... the rooms definitely need some reno... can hear everything that our neighbours are doing... next morning went to the debrief, some parts of the hotel are under renovations already. Requested to switch to a room with King bed (apparently the hotel is short of king beds) but they didn't have any, so they offered to pushed the 2 beds together.. the staff are very friendly and helpful, there are events every night in the hotel as well (beach party, kareoke,..etc). The hotel is across the street from local supermarket sorianna's and about 15-20 minutes walk to the dock and a fashion mall. there is bus stop just outside the hotel which will take u to downtown area. Beach area is kept clean and they do a good job taking care of your needs. Overall a great experience with the people and things they do for you but the hotel itself definitely need some improvements.

Room Tip: the shorter buildings on the side are more quiet and have easier access to the beach and pools, the tall building if you are on lower levels, will be smoky and very loud due to nightly entertainments
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SasaFromCalgary

Hi SasaFromCalgary,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience and thank you for your suggestion we want you to know that we have remodeled our rooms, we build new bathrooms at the beach, we remodeled the lobby area, among other things and services. All this to satisfy our guests. We hope to see you soon to enjoy of these improvements :)

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Spent a lovely 8 days in PV Aug 12-19th. I will say I was certainly skeptical at Nolitours rating it a 4 star with the Camelon Gold Club. No idea what the difference was with the Camelon Gold Club...no special treatment???

I would rate this a 2 star. The Hotel is very, very small. There are no gardens. There is the Main Buffet, the beach buffet and The Grill and the International Restaurant. There is 2 pools, both are really small. The one is packed with kids and the other is just for adults. The infinity pool is quite far back from the beach and there is no luxury of a swim up bar. The lounge chairs by the pool are not comfortable for lying in at all. The beach chairs were better. There is no party clubs either.

BEACH: The beach is not flat, it drops quite quickly and the waves can be quite rough. The water this time of the year is quite brown and dirty due to the rainfall that happens this time of the year and the outflows from the main river that flows into the bay. The beach vendors are like fleas...everywhere and always bugging you. I hated being on the beach just for that reason alone. We nicknamed them the beachbugs. Holy cow super annoying and not 5 minutes of peace with out someone trying to sell cheap silver, jewelry, rip off tours to timeshares or clothes. Seriously that is super annoying!

FOOD/DRINKS: The buffet was boring and bland and mostly mexican based. I only ate breakfast at the hotel and ate out the rest of the time. The Alacarte was quite good though. Frankly the worst all-inclusive resort I have been to in Mexico for the food, just due to lack of variety. There drinks were awful. Sorry guys, but a pina colada from a pre-made bottle was truly gross. That's what a 2/3 star hotel gives. I would recommend buying your own alcohol and making your own drinks.

ROOMS: There were nice. All had waterfront views, 2 double beds or a King, a TV and good size. Nothing special. I will say there were bedbugs. I think they were in the top covers. Yikes my poor legs the last two days.

STAFF: Really super duper friendly. The Friendly lived up to there name. Most spoke pretty good english too, but definately catered to the Mexican local vacationers.

THINGS TO BE WATCHFUL OF:
Timshares people:
I have been to PV 3 times. Here is what I know forsure. Those "tour companies" you see in booths anywhere are TIMESHARE grabs. NOTHING comes for free my friends.
Timeshare people CANNOT book tours and Registered Tour Companies cannot book Timeshares. Use registered booking company such as Vallarta Adventures ONLY booths for booking your tours or book online before you go. Trust me...I have been burned 2 times. I have learned my lesson.
If you do take a timeshare ride: Do NOT pay for a tour without getting an official receipt that has a CONFIRMATION number on it. These guys will look like they are booking your tour, take your money and give you a phoney receipt. Then you will get to your tour and find out you aren't confirmed and the timeshare dude...is laughing all the way to the bank. The timeshare people are everywhere..Walmart, Malls, taxis, you name it. The moment they start saying...how long you here and are you married...RUN!

Buying Silver: that silver on the beach...is garbage. $15.00 is a rip. Never pay more than $5.00. If your looking for real silver, Mexico has good places to buy it in old town and you get a silver certificate. Not certificate...not silver.

Rum: If it isn't 100% Agave...you will get sick. It has nailpolish remover in it...yuck. I suggest checking out the City Tour. It was fantastic, took us to the Tequila Factory, Mismaloya and a few other outside cities. Very informative.

The buses are right outside the hotel which was a bonus. 6 pesos to downtown. Take the Centro Bus.

If I go back to PV...I will stay in Mismaloya hands down. Close to town, best beach, not to many annoying beach vendors. I have stayed is the Royal Decameron Buceries (awesome! 4*), Samba (almost awesome 3.5*) and this Friendly (2 star).

Hope it helps you! Kristina

Room Tip: The higher floors have the best views of the beach.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Hi MortgageDivaBC,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel, we regret this unpleasant experience, we are happy to know that you enjoyed your holiday. We want you to know that in Friendly Vallarta we have a contract with a company dedicated to the fumigation of all our areas. We value your opinion and we will not contradict you, and also appreciate all your suggestions. This has been a unique case, because we had never received such complaints like this. The name of the company we are working with is "Control Integrado de Plagas del Pacífico" and they use different chemicals in the rooms: Protegonal, Cipermix, Killer 200 among others. Anyone reading this information can verify this with the company. We have remodeled our rooms, we build new bathrooms at the beach, we remodeled the lobby area, among other things. All this to satisfy our guests. We hope you come back soon, and you can see that what happened will never happen again in our hotel, we guarantee :)

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed at Friendly Vallarta last week - a family vacation. The property is well maintained for the most part. Showing its age in a few areas but clean overall. The staff were wonderful - friendly, helpful, happy. The food was good but lacking somewhat in variety. Good basic cuisine though. The breakfast omelette and pancake maker was wonderful - she took pride in her work and made delicious food. Our room was clean and well taken care of each day - though a bit later in the day than we would have liked. The AC was ok but not great. It was very humid outside though and the system had a hard time in keeping up. The beach was well maintained and there were always ample chairs to use. The biggest frustration of all was the wifi access in the lobby. It was only available in the lobby and it was painfully overloaded at times. Very frustrating. Upgrading to a faster connection and a multi-band router is highly recommended. When you're on vacation you don't want to spend 30 minutes downloading something - a fast connection is becoming a must. Overall, our stay at Friendly Vallarta was good. Would I go there again? Yes if the Internet access improved.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeff U

Hi Jeff,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope you come back soon. We have improved our service quality of Internet, now is not only in the lobby but also in the pool area, beach, most of our rooms and restaurants. We hope to see you soon to enjoy of these improvements :)

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Ive read the bad reviews and yes it is no where near the so called give star but the staff make it top notch! Potatoe face, dirty monkey and big mumma lol are great guyz! Everyone so friendly and helpful.
Hotel is close to the old town and boardwalk for less than a buck hop on the bus and within ten minutes your there! Food choices are minimal but I'm not fussy and being a celiac could always find something to eat! I would stay here again just because of the staff alone. It's clean, central, beach is average but when you miss the ocean who cares really lol.
For a seasoned traveller that's not a fusspot this is the place!
And if your walkin down the boardwalk do stop in for awesome food and hospitality at las palomos and say hi to Eduardo for us! Would go back to a home away from home most definitely!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank CynElliott

CynElliott

Thank you very much for your valuable comments and for sharing this experience, it was a pleasure to know that you enjoyed our hotel. We will be happy to welcome you back the day you choose. See you soon! :)