We stayed here from April 9-16 and we couldn't have been more impressed. The staff at this resort really do make the place what it is. Everyone from the bell boys, front desk staff, cooks, bartenders, waiters, cleaning staff, events staff, etc. all genuinely seem happy all the time and will do whatever they can to make your stay enjoyable.
The resort is located in the hotel zone of Puerto Vallarta. There is a mall, pizza hut and domino's all within a 5 minute walk accross the street. The marina is about a 20 minute walk or a 40 Peso cab ride. Downtown and the Malecon is about a 45 Minute to an hour walk or a 50 Peso cab ride. We usually took a cab and walked back in the evening when it was alot cooler out. We never felt in danger at anytime although look out for the traffic as it is quite different and the people drive very agressively.
Our room was a penthouse suite on the top floor with a magnificent view of Banderas Bay and downtown, the views of downtown were very nice at night as well. Our room was more then we expected it to be, king size bed, wall safe, tv, air conditioning, dressers, the bathroom was quite nice with tile and granite (looking) counters. Keep in mind the wall safe is not huge approx 18" height, 12" length and only about 8" in width, some people who brought laptops were compaining. It fit my money, passports, blackberry, PSP, Ipod touch all fine though. The shower head is a little shorter than I am used to at home, but it was not a huge concern and I am 6' 1. The only complaint I think I could have with the shower is the temperature does not stay constant like at home, it jumps from warm to hot to cold, i just had a cool shower and when it warmed up a bit no big deal. There is free wifi in the lobby area only
We did not try the a la carte while we were there. We ate at the buffet (cafe linda) which was good, only had one meal I didn't care for. We really enjoyed the sunset grill which is located on the roof of cafe linda. It was delicous. There is also a snack bar at the beach which has snacky foods like burgers and fries, wings, pizza, nachos, etc. which was pretty decent. We spent alot of time eating downtown, the restaurants are amazing and cheap.
There are two pools, one for everyone and one for just adults (infinity pool) There are also two hot tubs which are only for adults. The ocean is a stones throw from the pool area. I did not swim at the beach in front of the hotel, there is a beautiful little beach to the left that is alot calmer and less crowded. The beach area is nice, staying behind the white rope will save you some hassle from the beach vendors, but if you are close enough they will still try and get you to check out their goods. This is the one thing that drove me crazy some days, trying to relax on the beach and having vendors constantly shoving goods in your face, even if you are trying to sleep. A simple no is usally enough to get them to move on but can get very annoying after the 100th no in an hour. If you are looking to bargain go downtown to the flee markets or malecon, I am pretty sure that is where the beach vendors get all of the goods from anyways and you can find them way cheaper, remember to bargain but not so low that you offend them.
The bar service is excellent at this resort, I don't think I ever had to wait longer than 5 minutes for a drink, there are waiters everywhere making sure you have enough to drink. I always make sure to tip when I get great service, and I spent quite a bit on tips because they all deserved it. Me and the wife brought our bubba mugs and they worked great, cuts down on the trips to the bar, and keeps the drinks cold. A couple times a week they have beach parties, and at nights they turn the lobby area into a club/disco.
I will definately be returning to this resort, I felt like I was saying goodbye to family when we left. I do not think I will ever find a resort with the kind of service I received here. And the price was amazing. You won't be disappointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the best all-inclusive vacations in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico with the friendliest hotel! Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa offers incredible location in the hotel zone and a wide range of fun experiences. Friendly Vallarta Beach Resort & Spa is located in one of the most precious bays of the Mexican Pacific, with a unique location in front of the beach, in the heart of the hotel area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Friendly Vallarta All Inclusive Family Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hola Puerto Vallarta Club & Spa
- Hola Vallarta
- Hola Puerta Vallarta
- Hola Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Hola Puerto Vallarta Resort
- Hola Club Puerto Vallarta
- Hotel Hola Vallarta
- Hola Resort Puerto Vallarta
- Hola Club Spa Puerto Vallarta