“This place is absolutely amazing!”

Friendly Vallarta All Inclusive Family Resort
Ranked #21 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed April 18, 2011

We stayed here from April 9-16 and we couldn't have been more impressed. The staff at this resort really do make the place what it is. Everyone from the bell boys, front desk staff, cooks, bartenders, waiters, cleaning staff, events staff, etc. all genuinely seem happy all the time and will do whatever they can to make your stay enjoyable.

The resort is located in the hotel zone of Puerto Vallarta. There is a mall, pizza hut and domino's all within a 5 minute walk accross the street. The marina is about a 20 minute walk or a 40 Peso cab ride. Downtown and the Malecon is about a 45 Minute to an hour walk or a 50 Peso cab ride. We usually took a cab and walked back in the evening when it was alot cooler out. We never felt in danger at anytime although look out for the traffic as it is quite different and the people drive very agressively.

Our room was a penthouse suite on the top floor with a magnificent view of Banderas Bay and downtown, the views of downtown were very nice at night as well. Our room was more then we expected it to be, king size bed, wall safe, tv, air conditioning, dressers, the bathroom was quite nice with tile and granite (looking) counters. Keep in mind the wall safe is not huge approx 18" height, 12" length and only about 8" in width, some people who brought laptops were compaining. It fit my money, passports, blackberry, PSP, Ipod touch all fine though. The shower head is a little shorter than I am used to at home, but it was not a huge concern and I am 6' 1. The only complaint I think I could have with the shower is the temperature does not stay constant like at home, it jumps from warm to hot to cold, i just had a cool shower and when it warmed up a bit no big deal. There is free wifi in the lobby area only

We did not try the a la carte while we were there. We ate at the buffet (cafe linda) which was good, only had one meal I didn't care for. We really enjoyed the sunset grill which is located on the roof of cafe linda. It was delicous. There is also a snack bar at the beach which has snacky foods like burgers and fries, wings, pizza, nachos, etc. which was pretty decent. We spent alot of time eating downtown, the restaurants are amazing and cheap.

There are two pools, one for everyone and one for just adults (infinity pool) There are also two hot tubs which are only for adults. The ocean is a stones throw from the pool area. I did not swim at the beach in front of the hotel, there is a beautiful little beach to the left that is alot calmer and less crowded. The beach area is nice, staying behind the white rope will save you some hassle from the beach vendors, but if you are close enough they will still try and get you to check out their goods. This is the one thing that drove me crazy some days, trying to relax on the beach and having vendors constantly shoving goods in your face, even if you are trying to sleep. A simple no is usally enough to get them to move on but can get very annoying after the 100th no in an hour. If you are looking to bargain go downtown to the flee markets or malecon, I am pretty sure that is where the beach vendors get all of the goods from anyways and you can find them way cheaper, remember to bargain but not so low that you offend them.

The bar service is excellent at this resort, I don't think I ever had to wait longer than 5 minutes for a drink, there are waiters everywhere making sure you have enough to drink. I always make sure to tip when I get great service, and I spent quite a bit on tips because they all deserved it. Me and the wife brought our bubba mugs and they worked great, cuts down on the trips to the bar, and keeps the drinks cold. A couple times a week they have beach parties, and at nights they turn the lobby area into a club/disco.

I will definately be returning to this resort, I felt like I was saying goodbye to family when we left. I do not think I will ever find a resort with the kind of service I received here. And the price was amazing. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,407)

Reviewed April 17, 2011

We went to Friendly from April 9 to 16 2011. We had looked at the reviews for this hotel over and over, and noticed that for the most part the reviews were all around the 3 star rating. Well, I beg to differ. This resort was so accomadating, and really made the trip amazing for my fiance and I.

We were extremely impressed with the service from the staff. We made so many ongoing connections each day with the servers. Each day we would go for breakfast, and be greeted by our names. I did not find one staff member that wasn't smiling the whole time we were there. On the day we were leaving we had a few staff members come over and give us hugs, and asked for our emails to keep in contact.

The rooms were so clean, and I did not think they were dated what so ever (like many people have said on here). We had a great bed that wasn't uncomfortable at all. The only thing I wished was that there was bottles of water in the room, but that was not a big deal at all.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone. There staff really made the trip for us :)
Can't wait to go back for another vacation at the Friendly Vallarta!

Reviewed April 17, 2011

we had a good time at this hotel. it was clean, the hot tubs hot, the pools warm and the beer cold. they did a terrific job in hiring the staff.
our room was spacious with a great view. 6th floor in the tower. it was quiet up there for the most part. you could only hear the lobby bar/disco when things got really rambunctious. there was no coffee maker, but walmart is close by so we just bought a cheap one.
the food was good here. the breakfasts are the best. you can order omelettes, french toast or pancakes at the grill or pick from the buffet. other buffets were good as well. we enjoyed the beach dinners and the gourmet dinners best.
the only downside for me was the legions of vendors on the beach. in mid-afternoon you will find no less than 20 at any given time. they are not rude and they do have nice stuff...but they are persistant. reading a book is next to impossible as they will say excuse me senior or whistle at you until you look up and say no thank you. the hotel can do nothing about them as the beaches are considered public property. we still had a great time at this hotel, but would probably stay further out of town next time so we could enjoy the beach more.

Reviewed April 16, 2011

My husband and I stayed here from 04/07-04/14 and honest to god this was by far the BEST vacation we have ever had. We have stayed in Mexico before @ Hacienda and I cannot say one negative thing! The location, service, views, staff and really everything is superb. There are 3 buildings, one main buffet, a snack bar, a grill and I believe 2-3 a la cartes. If you have booked this resort or are looking to, you cannot go wrong. I would write a more indepth review but everyone else has pretty much covered it...go and have a good time.

Reviewed April 12, 2011

We would go back to the friendly - if we got it for 800.00 or less tax in. No coffee pots in the room, no room service, no swim up bar, no internet in your room, you have to go to the lobby to have internet! The food was the same for the whole - week we where their! So that's why I said if a person gets it for cheap - then you can go else where to eat! But the people that work their - are excellent - very nice!!!

4  Thank Saskatchewanfriend
Reviewed April 11, 2011

the hotel is hold but very clean , personnal is so friendly , polite and very enjoy!! i love that place so much il will return for sure !!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank danie1950
Reviewed April 11, 2011

They have a 1800 number (one for Canada and one for the US) that I called a week before we left and asked to get a room on one of the higher floors, with ocean view. When we arrived, that's exactly what we got.

Breathtaking true ocean view, about 100 meters from the beach and on the 12th floor. Couldn't have asked for better view.

The food choices are relatively limited, but every single dish is made by (feels like) professional chefs. Really fancy and tasty food.

The resort is small so there's no need for long walks from the hotel to the cafeteria to the beach and back.

Very very friendly staff. Truly the best service I've ever seen or had hoped to see. They remember what you ordered, they come up to you on the beach to ask if you want anything, and then bring it, and don't stay around hinting at a tip... they just leave.

Rooms are very very clean, as the entire resort itself.

Sand is not perfect but very good. Good beach and water temperature.

I don't know what else to write about. I really liked this resort. I talked to one cab driver there, and he said that since the swine flu scare 2 years prior, the entire town has suffered from dropped tourism, so every resort and their staff are trying their hardest to make people who do come feel welcome and to get them and their friends/families to come back.

3  Thank scoobydooo82