“2013 family Winter break”

Vamar Vallarta All Inclusive Marina and Beach Resort
Ranked #42 of 124 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
queretaro
“2013 family Winter break”
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel after reading all reviews, so I was prepared to see the worst. With a low budget In hand, I decided to go for the 6 day all inclusive for 900 USD. I made the math, just feeding a family of 5 in PV this deal would pay it self - and it did. Food was good, italian restaurant better than average (great sevice), and buffets were varied. Only but is the rooms, clean yet outdated- but I did not payed much attention. Our room had a superb view of the marina, so that balanced things out. I do recommend if you are in a tight budget and dont mind sleeping in a modest room.

• Stayed December 2013
6 Thank ranaqueretana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Canada
Reviewed December 27, 2013

The negative comments about this hotel are in no way a reflection of the staff working @ Vamar Vallarta. The staff are attentive, friendly and very accommodating. The location is great, the amenities and grounds are maintained beautifully and the buffet restaurant very good for breakfast (we did not do all- inclusive). The Italian restaurant at the front of the property is by far the best.The linens were clean and fresh, A/C working BUT the rooms need to be completely remodelled. We looked at 4 rooms before reluctantly deciding to stay. The 4th room was actually a villa- offered, I'm guessing, as the best they could offer us-shame the appliances, cutlery , pots and pans had been removed. Also the large screen TV did not work. (there was a small one on a bench in the bedroom that did) All the rooms we saw had previously been fitted with kitchens and some with laundry fixtures. The appliances had been removed leaving great gaps and in one case wiring hanging from the wall. Couches in 2 of the rooms were old & stained, lamps were not working and the beds were very hard, leaving us aching in the morning. The patio door in the first room on the ground floor did not lock properly and was loose in the frame, the second room was flooded, the third room was not acceptable either for some of the same reasons. Only the 4th room had outside furniture so we could enjoy the balcony. Perhaps business has been quiet so things have not been maintained but that does not seem the best way to keep those guests that do come here happy. If all the rooms are of the same quality, to say that this hotel needs an overhaul would be an understatement. I could go on but wont. I will not be recommending this hotel to anyone despite the wonderful staff who are let down by the lack of support from the establishment.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
13 Thank OzzichickCanada
Langley City, Canada
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Stayed here from Nov 24-28. Staff was great. We booked this room through Expedia. Good value for the money. Asked to be upgraded to a room with a balcony, still good value for the money. We did not book all meals all inclusive, only breakfast. It was good, but some days there was more selection than other days. This hotel is close to a variety of restaurants and shops. Amenities were great. Drinks were expensive if you weren't all inclusive, no happy hour or drink specials. Overall, had a great experience here, would go back.

Bob N

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bobbybill43
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 26, 2013

This was our family's second time visiting this resort and we loved it. We traveled there from December 12-19 2013. The staff treated us so well and there were perks of being a return customer for sure, including a private candle lit beach dinner. We love that this property is double waterfront, marina on one side where you eat and the beach on the other. I would recommend upgrading to the superior rooms because they are much bigger, larger balcony and a fantastic view! There are also events/activities/entertainment daily which was great. The price to stay here was a fantastic deal, there is no better value for your money in Puerto Vallarta and I cannot emphasize enough how friendly the staff are at this resort. Another major perk to this hotel is that it that when we traveled there it wasn't over crowed like so many other resorts which was really nice. It was also nice that there are pools on both sides of the resort, so if you need to get out of the sun in the afternoon you can go to the marina side of the hotel and use that pool in a shaded area. As for the food, my family's favourite part was the fresh fruit, nachos, and the different dishes they made in front of you at the back of the buffet at dinner. If you are looking for a less "Americanized" vacation in Mexico I would recommend this hotel for sure, my family absolutely intends to return again.

Room Tip: The rooms that are higher up have a great view of the mountains
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Taylor M
Guadalajara, Mexico
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We got there a few weeks ago and the first impression was that the building is old and has no maintenance whatsoever. When we got to the room, there was no soap or shampoo in the bathroom and it was a very simple (horrible) room. When I laid down on the bed to get a quick nap I woke up to several bed bug bites and a horrible rash, I was scared and discusted so we decided it was more than enough for us to leave and change hotels and so we did.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
11 Thank Michelle G
Reviewed November 1, 2013

we went to a travel club presentation and this hotel was selected for us as their 'gift' for attending. so I can not attest to the value of this all-inclusive resort since we paid little for our trip. first thing...THE STAFF IS VERY ATTENTIVE AND VERY FRIENDLY. now...we went to our first room and there were 2 double beds (one for me and one for my big husband?). so I requested a room with a king. we were moved to the king room. mostly clean, but the couch looked old and dirty ( I would not have allowed my child to sleep there if he had been with us). only 2 towels and no washcloths in the bathroom. no chairs on the patio/balcony outside...so you couldn't sit out there. the TV didn't work. only one lamp on one of the bed side tables. we were moved to yet another room with a working tv. this room came with complimentary bottled water and had extra towels but there was no soap on the sink or in the shower. there was no seating on this balcony either. the kitchen area in both rooms are not equipped for use and although there is a stove, there is no fridge. why bother giving us a room with a kitchen? the entire place could use a paint job and some upkeep. the pools are VERY NICE. the buffet breakfast was nice and included someone making omelets of your choice. the lunch and dinner were very poor quality. mystery meat. not much choice. the beach is non existent but you are able to walk to the hotel next door and lay on their sandy area. I would not stay here if I had to pay for it. we were there for only 3 days and it was very relaxing but again, I would have been upset if I had paid for this place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank janice b
Apache Junction, Arizona
Reviewed October 31, 2013

If you are looking for an inexpensive but nice hotel to stay while in Puerto Vallarta this hotel is fantastic! I travel to Puerto Vallarta 3 to 4 times a year and this past September was the first time I stood at this hotel. The Vamar is located at the Marina. I was a little apprehensive staying at this hotel because it is located across the street from the beach so there are no ocean view rooms. However, the hotel has beach front property right across the street. Easy walking distance with easy access to the beach/ocean and two additional swimming pools that back up to the ocean. I decided to try this hotel out because I was not planning on spending much time in my room this trip and you could not beat the price. I went the last week of September and the cost was 2/3 less than what I usually pay for a beach front hotel room. I had a balcony suite room located on the 6th floor which overlooked the main swimming pool and Marina. Also had great views of the mountains surrounding Puerto Vallarta. My room was huge and had a full kitchen. I even had a full size refrigerator in my room.

The location of the hotel is perfect! You can walk around the Marina which is full of shops, bars and restaurants. The beach is a short walk across the street. To get to downtown Puerto Vallarta you can either take a 10 min taxi ride for about $10.00 or for about .40 cents you can take the bus which is always a fun experience.

The hotel is by far not a 5-star resort but it is a nice clean hotel, perfectly located, fantastic staff, and for the price you can not beat it!!!! While I will not stay here every time I visit PV because sometimes you want the 5-star experience, but if you are on a budget or just do not want to spend all of your vacation money on your hotel room this hotel is perfect!

Room Tip: If you go to bed early you may want to ask for a room as far away from the lobby as possible. There...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo