Vamar Vallarta All Inclusive Marina and Beach Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$338
$284
$241
$184
Bookit.com
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$242
$196
$396
$220
  • Pool
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$149
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$207
$154
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$271
$182
Hotel Mousai(Puerto Vallarta)
$352
$324
1,694 results
All reviewsocean sideshrimp burgeritalian restaurantsuperior roomheated poolstar resortfamily vacationswim up bargreat vacationalfredomanuelhuberpoolspesosfranciscobellboyliquor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Location great- but the whole hotel is full of spring break college students. It was so rowdy that we asked to move from the marina side to the beach side.. The staff took care of us- matthew, carlos, Manuel, Samuel and Ramon etc.. Beach side room ok- clean and efficient 3 star ish amenities... Food at the Italian reservation only restaurant on site was fairly consistent as was breakfast in the buffet- the rest of the food mediocre ...avoid times when spring break is happening....

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Alicia W
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I (early 30s) traveled here on a last minute vacation. We caught an AWESOME deal on Groupon 3nights $400 all-inclusive, so of course our expectations were low. But on arrival, the place is beautiful. The is completely open and you can see straight back to the pool and off into the marina, it was VERY nice. The room was bigger than I expected, it even had a full kitchen which we didn't use at all. The TV was a flat screen, the bathroom was nice, (no tub), and the balcony was a good size with a view of the pool and the marina. Overall the room was big enough and pleasantly decorated. What more would I ask for? Maybe a tub? I was overall satisfied with the room.

During our visit, the buffet on the marina was under repairs, so we ate at the sister/other property across the street which was right on the beach and was an awesome view of the ocean and the rest of the city. The food was pretty good to ok. I am very particular about having my food piping, burn-my-mouth hot when I get it and that was only the case about 40% fo the time at the buffet. But there were plenty of options and everything tasted good. The restaurant that you usually have to make reservations for had awesome food, so so good! No complaints on that side. What more would I ask for? Garaunteed hot food on the buffet all the time :) The other large complaint I would have is the drinks. My boyfriend and I declared a "tequila only" vacation and drank only shots of tequila while at the resort, and yet I never even got tipsy. On the other hand, every street you walk down will have a tequila store with free samples and within 3-5 minutes I was almost drunk. Something wasn't right about that :(

The location was pretty convenient. We were able to catch the bus downtown for $6 pesos (practically nothing) and there were always taxis outside the building. Walking on the Marina was really nice. Walmart is actually not that far up the street. It's actually in a "ritzy" part of the city so I always felt safe, even when walking around at night. The beach left a lot to be desired. It was on a level above the water (small cliff).

My tip if you read down this for is TIMESHARE. When we landed, there was a timeshare company offering free roundtrip airport transportation, city/island tour, and Rhythm of the Night (an awesome, awesome show - must see), for $80, in exchange for viewing the resort. We took it, went on the tour, the place was awesome and we had the best parts of our vacation for $40/each. Later, after arriving at the hotel, the same deals were offered, but MUCH MUCH sweeter. We met a man who travels to the hotel frequently and learned that for the same deal, they should have PAID US $5000 pesos - basically enough to fund our WHOLE VACATION!! So hold out and find the best Timeshare offer, and feel free to negotiate and pit all the sellers against each other! Definitely get transportation paid for and see Rhythm of the Nights!

Room Tip: Timeshare. Spend 1/2 day and get vacation paid for :)
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Deniece J
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Stayed 1/24/2013 thru 1/31/2013. Activity Directors, Bartenders & Servers etc. all most accomodating. Beautiful pool & marina at the Vamar property plus access to the pools & beachfront property a quick walk across the street. Marina access right next door with shops, bars & restaurants. Cabs & buses readily available. Felt very safe walking the marina area & going into old town (a fasinating local bus ride) to visit the market area & beachfront walk. Room was basic hotel room, clean with reliable maid service. Three buffet style meals served daily at different locations around the properties. Food was ok but the server & waiters made up for it. The front desk could use a little public relations, offer maps of the resort, room locations, dining areas, bar & meal times etc. Resort was maybe half full so no long waits for food & drinks. They are renovating also. The Vamar is just a really fun place for a relaxing vacation. We made new friends of staff & guests.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank jeanannevans
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Now with that being said there were many positives to this hotel you just have to be aware of some other things. We stayed Jan 4-11, right after the Christmas/New Year rush. The staff was very welcoming but the desk clerks didn't let us know about the immediate area. It took us 3 days to figure out that there was a OXXO (cornerstore) 2 minutes up the street (bottled water) and 4 days to figure out how to get to the marina boardwalk. We also asked if we could be upgraded to a balcony room 3 times but never got an answer back. We figured this wouldn't be a problem as the hotel was so empty but I guess they were too tired from the busy weeks they just had.
This place was immacutely clean from the lobby, pool area, public washrooms, outside dining area and our room. That being said there is no bar fridge and the King Size bed was soooo hard we went to Walmart and bought af oamy ($17) to sleep on. Our bathroom window didn't open and there was no fan so after our showers we hung out in steam adding to the already "wet" feeling in the room. The showerhead was cracked and sprayed water over the shower curtain onto the toilet. A few adjustments and this was remedied. The toilet leaked and left puddles of water on the floor, nothing a towel couldn't mop up. Only 2 bath towels per room. 2 each would of been nice as sometimes the maid service didn't come til late in the afternoon. If you leave $1 - $2 on the bed extra soaps and bottled water appear. If not you get the basics.
Late nights have the possibility of being noisy as the bar is in the open air lobby and the noise (drunken laughter) reverberates off the water and tile. Also our room backed onto a timeshare and someone's dog was yapping for an hour at 4am and something mechanical squeaked alot. I had to turn the tv on to drown out the yapping and squeaking so I could sleep.
A few key waiters spoke very good English as did most people at the front desk. The rest however didn't and this could be very frustrating when trying to communicate.The service at the buffet was great even when we hadn't tipped yet. When we started tipping $4 per day service got even better. I recommend to start tipping the 1st day. After speaking with other guest $1-2 tip would of been fine but my hubby was feeling generous.
The food at the buffet - well this could be different when the hotel was busier but because there was maybe 60 guests the week we were there you needed to get there early so that it was fresh. Breakfast was the best with the self make omlettes, fresh fruit & yogurt. I liked the french toast too. Lunch and dinner had an assortment of meats (beef, pork, chicken, fish, shrimp) some deep fried, most not. Steamed veggies, pastas, rice. Lots of authentic mexican food which was interesting to try. It was hard for them to keep the food hot so most meals were lukewarm to cold. You sit on plastic chairs so my butt would get sore. Bring a cushion !!
The view of the marina and the boats coming in /out was the best part of our meals. Often times we sat there for 3 hours after dinner just watching the yachts sail by. There's an 8 ft crocodile that lives at the marina and we saw it swim by the 1st night we were there. Very cool.
Walking in the neighborhood was wonderful just keep your eyes on where you're walking because everything is uneven. Well manicured lawns and the timeshares, hotels, condo grounds were fun to look at. Starbucks is not far and you can sit outside too. There are some nice shops at the marina but we didn't try any restaurants there. Time share and "adventure trip" dudes are at each entrance to the marina but they're pretty respectful when you say "No thanks".
The beach side of the resort was nice. The pools were virtually empty when we were there but a bit cold. The lounge chairs were plastic and some were broken. Again bring a cushion!
The food at the snack bar SUCKED !! Everything deep fried, yucky! We went back over to the outdoor buffet for lunch. The beach itself was fine. A bit rocky in some areas so take your sandals. Some resorts roped off their beach areas to keep the vendors from speaking to their guest. The first day there we went down to the vendors at the beach and bought our sun hats. Barter with them for a good price. They expect this. When laying in the sun it got annoying that every 5-8 minutes there's another vendor walking by "Hey Lady, Hey Lady, you wanna buy a dress" or whatever else they're selling. After a few days you start to feel pulled at and that isn't what I wanted on my holiday. They don't get offended when you say "No" and just keep walking but they'll ask you again and again. I went on holidays to NOT get bugged. They can't come on the resort property but if you're by the edge they'll talk to you. My hubby went jet skiing a few times and really enjoyed this. The guys are on the beach, don't worry they'll find you.
The day we left 2 GreyHound buses pulled up and out came Mexican University Students. I can't imagine the noise this crowd was going to make. Very thankful we were on our way out!
We loved Puerta Vallarta and will return to this area again but not at this resort. We didn't expect much from the resort as we only paid $1500 for the 2 of us for a week, including airfare. We got our monies worth. We're going to rent a condo and buy our own food next time.

Room Tip: Get a balcony suite on the North Side.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Lisa S
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Well this has been an adventure I will never do again.The hotel is located in a very nice area between the ocean and the marina so it was nice to have the advantage of both vistas. We had the standard room to start with on the 7 floor and were no way staying in that cess pool, no lights , towels , clean linens, and dirt everywhere, the toilet was running 24 -7 , the key to the safe is missing and the total air of the room was disgustin we had to go down stairs to complain as our phone did not work!. We had to pay extra to be moved to a different room and that was because it had a balcony, we did not enjoy the meals so much as it was cold more often than not and had to be microwaved each time even though they had people work on the table in the kitchen buffet . Our second room was cleaner and had a nice kitchen area but our luck was that it had an access to the outside where the delivery trucks came and went during the early morning hours and the staff had a work shop there also to sharpen the garden tools so that meant every noise from out side was inside with no way to subdue any of it .The staff are very friendly and helpful like any other PV resort , just tip them and you get what service you needed. The other funny thing about this place is that they asked to fill out the trip advisor right there in front of them while you check out and it is in Spanish so it was very imtimidating to say the least. I will not be back to this hotel , Not worth even half the money at 3100 for 2 weeks plus the upgrade of 300 can dollars .

Room Tip: we stayed in room 7026 as the worst one and then paid more for the 1041
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family